Compare civil service salary - Page 1065 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #10641 (permalink)  
Old 17-10-2020, 12:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Would like to check on how hard it is to join economist service? What are they looking out for? Fresh grad with 2nd upper from local u here.

Reply With Quote
  #10642 (permalink)  
Old 17-10-2020, 09:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

firstly, you need to serve your bond after completing your degree.

secondly, it is not easy to find a job at such a job and with a suss degree.

stay on with MHA. i am also in MHA.

good wat....we had a Minister awarding u all with the scholarship and sponsorships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm 31 this year in MHA uniformed service. Local diploma holder. Started with salary of $2k around 8 years ago. Currently drawing about $4.5k per month before bonuses. Annual salary for 2019 was $70k with the lousy 0.1 year end bonus.

Pursuing a part-time SUSS degree fully sponsored by MHA.

Question - should I move one to other sector upon getting my degree? Can I expect a higher salary after getting my degree if I join a Stat Board or another Ministry?


Reply With Quote
  #10643 (permalink)  
Old 17-10-2020, 09:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

typo. i meant at such an age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
firstly, you need to serve your bond after completing your degree.

secondly, it is not easy to find a job at such a job and with a suss degree.

stay on with MHA. i am also in MHA.

good wat....we had a Minister awarding u all with the scholarship and sponsorships.

Reply With Quote
  #10644 (permalink)  
Old 17-10-2020, 09:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm 31 this year in MHA uniformed service. Local diploma holder. Started with salary of $2k around 8 years ago. Currently drawing about $4.5k per month before bonuses. Annual salary for 2019 was $70k with the lousy 0.1 year end bonus.

Pursuing a part-time SUSS degree fully sponsored by MHA.

Question - should I move one to other sector upon getting my degree? Can I expect a higher salary after getting my degree if I join a Stat Board or another Ministry?
You are doing superbly well with just a diploma. I'm not sure how another Stat Board of Ministry will pay, but I can tell you that im 32 and have a recognised law degree but earned only 68k for 2019 at my SB.
Reply With Quote
  #10645 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2020, 10:49 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

where is your recognised law degree from? NUS?

why dont u venture out or return to the private sector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are doing superbly well with just a diploma. I'm not sure how another Stat Board of Ministry will pay, but I can tell you that im 32 and have a recognised law degree but earned only 68k for 2019 at my SB.
Reply With Quote
  #10646 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2020, 11:59 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
where is your recognised law degree from? NUS?

why dont u venture out or return to the private sector?
I can't share where in order to maintain my privacy. It's my fault for not returning to practice.

Just wanted to make the point that the guy with a diploma is making more than myself though he is also a year younger.

This realisation is really shaking me up.
Reply With Quote

  #10647 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2020, 01:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Feels more 'Ok' if your degree is not from NUS. I suppose it's easier to come to terms with that.

Whatever the decisions made in the past, just got to move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I can't share where in order to maintain my privacy. It's my fault for not returning to practice.

Just wanted to make the point that the guy with a diploma is making more than myself though he is also a year younger.

This realisation is really shaking me up.
Reply With Quote
  #10648 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2020, 04:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi all, I'm planning to apply to DSTA, may I know what is the latest pay structure like? and is it true that there is a slight difference in pay which depends on which department you are applying/posted to? NTU degree if it helps.
Reply With Quote
  #10649 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2020, 09:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I can't share where in order to maintain my privacy. It's my fault for not returning to practice.

Just wanted to make the point that the guy with a diploma is making more than myself though he is also a year younger.

This realisation is really shaking me up.
If you are not using your law degree, then it's really just a regular office job, which has many functions, si you shouldn't compare with diploma holder. For example, he or she may have NS and is in a HR or IT role rather than office support. Also, small SBs pay less well.
Reply With Quote
  #10650 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2020, 10:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone has the latest salary range for civil service for Grade 12, 11, 11A & 10?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 143 07-09-2020 04:27 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
How to start a small business
9 Replies, 1,768 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,396 Replies, 2,003,736 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
838 Replies, 570,313 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,508 Replies, 3,050,176 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,013 Replies, 3,835,942 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,659 Replies, 5,896,661 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
439 Replies, 314,735 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
80 Replies, 119,661 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
742 Replies, 371,899 Views
Passive income ideas? ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 17,745 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,999 Replies, 1,141,578 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
238 Replies, 223,474 Views
Interviews related ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 2,090 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,871 Replies, 1,746,510 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
850 Replies, 255,075 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,676 Replies, 1,121,985 Views
Looking for job referral,...
4 Replies, 410 Views
Progression in Career
1 Replies, 637 Views
Oil Majors vs. Trading House
4 Replies, 569 Views
Career advice
4 Replies, 2,470 Views
Big 4 audit exit options
0 Replies, 174 Views
Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
51 Replies, 38,840 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 3,386 Views
Should I switch to a higher paying... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 2,251 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,452 Replies, 976,030 Views
GovTech / CSA / IMDA
0 Replies, 176 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
407 Replies, 267,839 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
474 Replies, 101,196 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
147 Replies, 29,709 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2