SEA (Garena) - Page 3 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




SEA (Garena)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2021, 02:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Progression, salary, culture? Anyone?
Don't have an exact figure, but SEA is very willing to pay. Meaning it's usually competitive rates. However the big problem would lie in the culture. Majority of Sea/Shopee/Garena's workforce are Chinese, so communications within the company is usually in Mandarin, which may pose a problem for many Singaporeans (sad to say this). In addition, it has a workaholic culture so many people stays late at night to complete projects. I'm not from Sea, but these are observations from many real life accounts of my network who has worked under Sea.



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2021, 03:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't have an exact figure, but SEA is very willing to pay. Meaning it's usually competitive rates. However the big problem would lie in the culture. Majority of Sea/Shopee/Garena's workforce are Chinese, so communications within the company is usually in Mandarin, which may pose a problem for many Singaporeans (sad to say this). In addition, it has a workaholic culture so many people stays late at night to complete projects. I'm not from Sea, but these are observations from many real life accounts of my network who has worked under Sea.
6.5-8k starting salary

Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2021, 06:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
6.5-8k starting salary
More like 3-4K.

Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2021, 07:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How much is garena bonus and when is it paid out? Jan?
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2021, 07:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much is garena bonus and when is it paid out? Jan?
6-8 months
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2021, 11:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
More like 3-4K.
you have no idea. Shopee recently poached a lot developer, product manger from banks.

would be more effective to attack from work/life balance perspective, but never challenge pay of tech unicorn.
Reply With Quote

  #27 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2021, 08:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

what's their bonus like? any 13th mth/AWS?

who are eligible for stock options?
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2021, 09:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Former Big 4 auditor here. Seems like SEA loves to recruit auditors in their ranks. Heard from many others that the hours are quite bad (not as bad as audit though).

Had a first round of interview with SEA's HR. Was warned by HR that the second round will be a tough interview because there will be technical questions to answer. They even asked me to get ready a pen and paper to "work out solutions" during the second round of interview. Felt that this was quite odd - as if we are students taking an examination.

Their HR seemed pretty disorganised and took quite long to schedule the second round of interview. By the time I was scheduled for the 2nd round, I got another offer from some other company and informed SEA HR that I wouldn't be proceeding with the 2nd round of interview anymore. SEA HR didn't even have the courtesy to reply or acknowledge.

Seems like the company is in a big mess. Not sure if this is common for a "start-up" company.
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2021, 09:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
6.5-8k starting salary
No way is it 6.5k-8k please. Where on earth did you read that?
Salary is about 4.8-5k for a someone working in Finance with about 3-years work experience in a Big 4 firm.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2021, 09:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Former Big 4 auditor here. Seems like SEA loves to recruit auditors in their ranks. Heard from many others that the hours are quite bad (not as bad as audit though).

Had a first round of interview with SEA's HR. Was warned by HR that the second round will be a tough interview because there will be technical questions to answer. They even asked me to get ready a pen and paper to "work out solutions" during the second round of interview. Felt that this was quite odd - as if we are students taking an examination.

Their HR seemed pretty disorganised and took quite long to schedule the second round of interview. By the time I was scheduled for the 2nd round, I got another offer from some other company and informed SEA HR that I wouldn't be proceeding with the 2nd round of interview anymore. SEA HR didn't even have the courtesy to reply or acknowledge.

Seems like the company is in a big mess. Not sure if this is common for a "start-up" company.
Same experience here. They have a very young employee base between their 20s and 30s. Including their HR. Rude af during the interview somemore, texting, replying chat during interview, never felt so disrespected before across all my interviews. Manage to land second round interview, but i told them "No thank you, I'm not interested anymore"


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» 30 Recent Threads
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,680 Replies, 1,512,014 Views
Rakuten Software Engineer (Fresh...
9 Replies, 6,266 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,654 Replies, 5,584,695 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,543 Replies, 4,016,742 Views
Early Retirement ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 17,893 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,803 Replies, 7,252,066 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,348 Replies, 1,197,150 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
975 Replies, 506,403 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,968 Replies, 1,708,391 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,586 Replies, 1,270,011 Views
Best Stat board/Ministry ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 38,733 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,527 Replies, 13,002,281 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,608 Replies, 3,667,626 Views
Work in SMU ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 9,644 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,185 Replies, 2,597,233 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,667 Replies, 2,656,174 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,389 Replies, 6,660,192 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,202 Replies, 481,431 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,432 Replies, 727,537 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,112 Replies, 4,953,449 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,454 Replies, 10,894,934 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
955 Replies, 473,532 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,948 Replies, 3,012,139 Views
Any Ministry or Statboard still... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 14,151 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
214 Replies, 195,026 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
920 Replies, 491,667 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
295 Replies, 221,311 Views
Is my understanding of Gold ETF...
0 Replies, 140 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,958 Replies, 1,574,708 Views
when you quit how many days do you... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 7,776 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2