Compare civil service salary - Page 1115 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11141 (permalink)  
Old 15-01-2021, 11:07 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

Can I check if anyone know whether govtech has a history of letting go 1 year direct contracts?

I am being considered for a role but the 1 year contract is putting me off because of the lack of security...
Yes they have.
Basically govtech is like a frat house. People who got in are those masters. Fch. Phds. Kind.
But they need resources so contract role is offered.
K
Also everyone want to get in but lack the qualification.
SI contract is a good way to test you

But unless you can really get along with tbr team and overtime with them. They have bonus you don't...
You pretty much at the mercy of the hiring.

If you are willing to work just as hard as them at Lowe pay. They will consider you..
It's really ironic. But yeah you should have join during the initial startup when they mass hiring. It's easier to get in back then.

Now everyone want to go into govtech for the money

Reply With Quote
  #11142 (permalink)  
Old 15-01-2021, 11:49 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Depends on How many years of relevant exp and what kind of pay u asking
I have 2+ years of experience in private sector.

just wondering on the rough pay grade on the CSA cybersecurity scheme for consultant and senior consultant ranks.

got called for interview for a senior consultant position and wondering if they would offer a consultant position at the end of it if they deem that my 2+ years is not enough for the senior consultant role.

Reply With Quote
  #11143 (permalink)  
Old 15-01-2021, 12:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have 2+ years of experience in private sector.

just wondering on the rough pay grade on the CSA cybersecurity scheme for consultant and senior consultant ranks.

got called for interview for a senior consultant position and wondering if they would offer a consultant position at the end of it if they deem that my 2+ years is not enough for the senior consultant role.
Sorry to burst your bubble I have a fresh grad cybersecurity sim. He basically did nothing for 2uears.kist install security software program and use it....

What a joke.. OK

Senior is the role that can advise what kind of attack how to prevent. How to configure the system. Penetration test.... Encryption standard. Review process.

Those skills takes years actual industry fight fire. Like in the sinhhealth case. How to detect network penetrarkon... Your 2 years want to o call senior.
No wonder fresh grad also want to be called senior.

I know some cybersecurotu guru. He demo us how phone is used to hack. How to prevent etc.
He in 10 years he also scared to call himself an expert cause the hackers are way better than him.

Reply With Quote
  #11144 (permalink)  
Old 15-01-2021, 01:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes they have.
Basically govtech is like a frat house. People who got in are those masters. Fch. Phds. Kind.
But they need resources so contract role is offered.
K
Also everyone want to get in but lack the qualification.
SI contract is a good way to test you

But unless you can really get along with tbr team and overtime with them. They have bonus you don't...
You pretty much at the mercy of the hiring.

If you are willing to work just as hard as them at Lowe pay. They will consider you..
It's really ironic. But yeah you should have join during the initial startup when they mass hiring. It's easier to get in back then.

Now everyone want to go into govtech for the money

Wow!

I remember they told me its the “same” benefits as perm staff, but its true about being at the mercy of the hirer... not that you will “slack” because you are perm vs contract but I suppose the mental stress is there :/
Reply With Quote
  #11145 (permalink)  
Old 15-01-2021, 02:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have 2+ years of experience in private sector.

just wondering on the rough pay grade on the CSA cybersecurity scheme for consultant and senior consultant ranks.

got called for interview for a senior consultant position and wondering if they would offer a consultant position at the end of it if they deem that my 2+ years is not enough for the senior consultant role.
Senior is minimally 5-10 years exp
Reply With Quote
  #11146 (permalink)  
Old 15-01-2021, 04:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Lightbulb 1 year contract job

Do you think it is worth to apply 1 year contract job (with no potential to renew) considering that the interview process in the Civil Service takes at least 1-3 months to complete ?
Reply With Quote

  #11147 (permalink)  
Old 15-01-2021, 05:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble I have a fresh grad cybersecurity sim. He basically did nothing for 2uears.kist install security software program and use it....

What a joke.. OK

Senior is the role that can advise what kind of attack how to prevent. How to configure the system. Penetration test.... Encryption standard. Review process.

Those skills takes years actual industry fight fire. Like in the sinhhealth case. How to detect network penetrarkon... Your 2 years want to o call senior.
No wonder fresh grad also want to be called senior.

I know some cybersecurotu guru. He demo us how phone is used to hack. How to prevent etc.
He in 10 years he also scared to call himself an expert cause the hackers are way better than him.
You kena fired liao still so free never go find job ah? Anyway senior security consultant dont perform jobs like pen test or setting up ur firewalls etc. Consultant is consultant, they advice. Don't disgrace urself by bringing up singhealth attack. Do you even know how did the whole incident occur? Did u even read up on the coi report? Sometimes dun act so smart, know the difference between roles pls.
Reply With Quote
  #11148 (permalink)  
Old 15-01-2021, 05:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think to be fair enough security is a big thing now and i believe all are still new. Security span across multiple domain such as network, endpoint protection, SIEM logs management, penetration etc. Its really a wide scope. It really tough to find someone that knows every single components and I believe it take up a team to form up while focusing on their individual expertise and cross domain once opportunities arise.

Even if there is someone that is of a seniority level, they could just be focusing on specific areas.

Right now the cyberspace is employing massively but i wonder do they know what they want, how to set up their soc etc.
Reply With Quote
  #11149 (permalink)  
Old 15-01-2021, 08:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer pubbbb View Post
Hi was wondering if $4800 is a reasonable offer for PUB ER12A Engineer grade ?
2nd upper, NS, 3.5 years working experience

Many thanks !




Heard fresh grad already 4500.
Seems like you are underpaid
Reply With Quote
  #11150 (permalink)  
Old 15-01-2021, 10:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

is statboard pay similar throughout all agencies?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 143 07-09-2020 04:27 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,470 Replies, 6,426,620 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,607 Replies, 1,455,427 Views
Can share your your car... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 2,317 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
218 Replies, 135,273 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,614 Replies, 365,393 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,857 Replies, 1,510,988 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,295 Replies, 3,522,911 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,129 Replies, 1,979,778 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,621 Replies, 2,181,336 Views
Retiring in Taiwan ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 2,516 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
509 Replies, 307,908 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
819 Replies, 416,508 Views
How to start a small business ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 4,147 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
209 Replies, 51,142 Views
NUS working environment and pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
102 Replies, 86,146 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
618 Replies, 174,811 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
280 Replies, 60,428 Views
Looking for job referral,...
7 Replies, 795 Views
GIC career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
280 Replies, 386,909 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
193 Replies, 56,761 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
106 Replies, 97,103 Views
26 no degree is all hope lost?... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 2,863 Views
Really that bad for property agent...
2 Replies, 3,753 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,193 Replies, 912,396 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,790 Replies, 1,108,608 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
893 Replies, 623,811 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 5,869 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
166 Replies, 153,989 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 8,691 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2