31 yo private uni grad. Is there any way to recover this position? - Page 4 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

31 yo private uni grad. Is there any way to recover this position?

Old 30-06-2024, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

OP is frankly the most pathetic person I've ever seen

No self confidence, always harping on about low self esteem. Your mother never teach you to work at yourself?

Being in this thread and reading his responses feels like a genuine violation of my sanity.

Old 30-06-2024, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
OP should become insurance agent la. MDRT huat, all problems solved
Agree. As long as its honest work (in this case giving clients sound financial advice and/or help them plan finances wisely), I don’t see how insurance agent (especially if in big insurers) is any less than other jobs.

Old 30-06-2024, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

Absolutely cannot stand OP and I think this is a common sentiment across all responses.

sadface sadpanda, always crying but never do anything to help themselves. Massive ego and still insist on his high horse, keep arguing back as if his words got value. 😂😂😂😂

Speaking to you is unbearable.

Old 30-06-2024, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
OP is frankly the most pathetic person I've ever seen

No self confidence, always harping on about low self esteem. Your mother never teach you to work at yourself?

Being in this thread and reading his responses feels like a genuine violation of my sanity.
The response abt low self esteem may not be him, it is from unregistered whereas he usually post under username, unless he didn’t log in. But his posts are usually much longer.

Anyway diff people already gave him enough views and opinions to help, maybe should just stop responding on this thread so it comes to an end. Then we also no need to continue reading his posts.

No point saying him, later people cannot take it also get blamed.
Old 30-06-2024, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Absolutely cannot stand OP and I think this is a common sentiment across all responses.

sadface sadpanda, always crying but never do anything to help themselves. Massive ego and still insist on his high horse, keep arguing back as if his words got value. 😂😂😂😂

Speaking to you is unbearable.
Exactly.

Tell him OOP coding isn't as "easy" as he thinks, his counter argument is to compare it with Leetcode WTF? OOP is a massive topic and has semantic differences for different languages.

Bro does not even have any years of experience in tech, holds a useless garbage degree that has no relevance to tech at all yet wants to act like he's god's gift to programming... Think he's too good for visa traineeship LOL please la, OP you can't even land a perm role in any of the popular tech companies in SG like ByteDance, Lazada, Grab, Foodpanda, etc... yet wanna act so cocky "visa traineeship bad, no conversion", lmfao.

Actual dumbass.
Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM
Verified Member

xiaoyan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Tell him OOP coding isn't as "easy" as he thinks, his counter argument is to compare it with Leetcode WTF? OOP is a massive topic and has semantic differences for different languages.
Given your elaboration I can kind of understand your point about the difficulty of OOP. Can you share more about your experience with it in SWE, or more about what you had done in your career journey?

For instance, what did you do to get into popular tech companies? Was it prior to the 2022 hiring bubble? Did you need FCH to enter?

I am genuinely sorry for coming off as overconfident and disrespectful.

Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoyan View Post
Given your elaboration I can kind of understand your point about the difficulty of OOP. Can you share more about your experience with it in SWE, or more about what you had done in your career journey?

For instance, what did you do to get into popular tech companies? Was it prior to the 2022 hiring bubble? Did you need FCH to enter?

I am genuinely sorry for coming off as overconfident and disrespectful.
I am not the one who responded. But as a reader, you tend to make assumptions about the people who reply and then ask them back about those assumptions. It’s very tiresome to read even if I am not the OP. The OP of this post is making a comment about your work experience thus far. His view may or may not be justified. But it doesn’t seem like he is necessarily making a statement about his own work experience!

Next, I am not from tech but I am not aware FCH is required. But obviously, other than tech qualifications, other skill sets like finance or even accounting might come in useful - if the interviewee also has a likeable personality. All this has already been informed to you by previous posters.

Also, you tend to come across as asking things that you can find out yourself with some minimal effort. Do you have a LinkedIn account? You don’t have to connect with anyone. You can literally just browse public profiles from companies you’re interested in and see who they hire. You can find out a lot of the basic questions you ask this way.

Not that it is wrong to ask questions since that’s the purpose of a forum but cumulatively from the content of posts you come across as expecting to be “spoonfed” with info which is not really the type of employee employers desire.

I am really hoping this thread can be closed at some point. Your responses just invite others to throw unpleasant comments at you which I’m sure you don’t welcome.

Please no need to respond to me. Don’t ask me any questions. I am not interested. You can wait for the OP of this post to reply.
Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Not that it is wrong to ask questions since that’s the purpose of a forum but cumulatively from the content of posts you come across as expecting to be “spoonfed” with info which is not really the type of employee employers desire.

I am really hoping this thread can be closed at some point. Your responses just invite others to throw unpleasant comments at you which I’m sure you don’t welcome.

Please no need to respond to me. Don’t ask me any questions. I am not interested. You can wait for the OP of this post to reply.
Just to add to my two cents above (no thank yous, sorrys or further questions required). Also added back previous post from another user that I agree with.

This is something I learnt from my own job experience. Companies don’t exist for employees to add a name to their cv. This applies no matter the size of the company. They hire you, an additional headcount that cost rather than generate money (unless you’re in frontline sales), because they have certain expectations and they hope your skill sets can bring something to help them achieve those expectations. Not hire you so you can learn something from them by asking a trillion questions of everyone you come across at work. Only exceptional colleagues will entertain questions at the rapidfire rate you ask. I understand you are trying to learn but that’s not how it works in the real world especially after a certain age.

You can say it’s a virtuous cycle because those who have experience will be more and more headhunted by the best companies for their experience, while those who are struggling to pick up the desired experience can only choose what’s left. Well that’s the real world for you. This is not to say one cannot pick up useful experience and skills from smaller companies that are not MNCs. People skills - how to be the kind of worker your boss and colleagues like - and confidence is the same regardless whether you are working in F&B or tech.

Most roles are team based these days. If you come across as the sort who add to others job by giving them unnecessary questions to answer, before long you will develop a reputation at work for someone people don’t want to work with. Even if the boss liked you at first, if your teammates don’t like to work with you, unless you’re top performer the boss also won’t be keen to keep you.

Similarly, forum users come here to browse different threads and lepak, but this is not a job. Most here will also have their own struggles to upskill, earn enough to keep up with inflation etc. people expect that after answering you once or even twice, you can be independent enough to help yourself. This is the same whether on forum or at work. People here don’t exist to answer your repeated questions!

Quote:
that's the impression you give. learn to work on that. otherwise 100% no company wants you and if you ever get into any team, 99% ur whole team will hate working with you.
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Ahahhaha OP is an amazing troll. Managed to rage bait so many fools into typing long essays.

Look at every post OP makes, the pattern is like this

"oh sorry I'm a dumbass, btw what's your background ah?"
Indirectly trying to say: cb you so smart izzit? U FCH? NUS?

Hilarious.
Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

bro, a real troll wouldn't put in so much effort into creating an account and formatting his posts for people to **** on him... if he really is one, then hopefully the helpful replies will help others to browse this thread

just my two cents, seems like op is being very picky and worried about conversion in these programmes. thing is, i don't think you can afford to be picky at this point in time. if you only want to enter traineeships with a high conversion rate, then it's definitely more competitive - so why would they take you instead?

vttp gives you a chance to put a foot into the door in tech. if you are still unable to perform at the level of a fresh grad after the traineeship, why should they convert you and waste one ft spot as compared to taking a uni grad with 4y in cs?

there is always opportunity cost, so you could be doing something else and progressing in your career during the course of the traineeship. however, that is if you actually have something else to do.