SEA (Garena) - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




SEA (Garena)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2020, 10:03 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 1
JobSeekerr is on a distinguished road
Default SEA (Garena)

Have an interview for a FP&A role in garena sometime next month. Currently have 2 years experience working in a big 4 as an auditor

Anyone or senior working there mind sharing what is the market rate, and what is a reasonable salary expectation and progression there is in the company?

Also, if anyone can share the culture working in garena or Shopee I would really appreciate it! Can’t seem to find anything online since it’s a relatively new company.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2020, 01:07 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeekerr View Post
Have an interview for a FP&A role in garena sometime next month. Currently have 2 years experience working in a big 4 as an auditor

Anyone or senior working there mind sharing what is the market rate, and what is a reasonable salary expectation and progression there is in the company?

Also, if anyone can share the culture working in garena or Shopee I would really appreciate it! Canít seem to find anything online since itís a relatively new company.
SEA finance team starting pay is 3.8k for non-MAs so 2 years experience can expect maybe 4.3-4.6k

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2020, 02:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi, does anyone know how is the interview process like? and how many rounds of interviews there will be?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2020, 10:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

guys don't join SEA they are bleeding money and losing 900 millions a year, when the funding stops all of us will be out of job. this is their 5th consecutive year of losses.

i just jumped over to another tech firm and the structure here is much better. people are nicer (less wayang) and the pay is higher.

seriously, if you have a choice, don't join sea/shopee/any of its subsidiaries.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2020, 10:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
guys don't join SEA they are bleeding money and losing 900 millions a year, when the funding stops all of us will be out of job. this is their 5th consecutive year of losses.

i just jumped over to another tech firm and the structure here is much better. people are nicer (less wayang) and the pay is higher.

seriously, if you have a choice, don't join sea/shopee/any of its subsidiaries.
SEA isnt losing money, it's just Shopee untill they dominate the whole of southeast asia. Even so, Shopee is paying big bucks so should join them while the punch bowl is still serving.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2020, 11:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anyone can share the culture, promotion, increment opportunities in Shopee?

Would be great if you can share in specific about the PM team. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 24-05-2020, 03:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SEA isnt losing money, it's just Shopee untill they dominate the whole of southeast asia. Even so, Shopee is paying big bucks so should join them while the punch bowl is still serving.
please learn to read financial statements.

here, i'll help you.

s://cdngarenanow-a.akamaihd.net/webmain/static/resource/seagroup/press/2020-04-14%20-%20Form%2020-F.PDF

scroll to page 157.

SEA Group
2017: 558mil LOSS
2018: 957mil LOSS
2019: 1.472bil LOSS

also, look up on how to read consolidated statements of comprehensive income/loss.


source: s://.seagroup.com/investor/annualreport
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 26-05-2020, 10:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SEA isnt losing money, it's just Shopee untill they dominate the whole of southeast asia. Even so, Shopee is paying big bucks so should join them while the punch bowl is still serving.
lol this thread is on FP&A but this dude can't read financial statements! wow!!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 26-05-2020, 11:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
please learn to read financial statements.

here, i'll help you.

s://cdngarenanow-a.akamaihd.net/webmain/static/resource/seagroup/press/2020-04-14%20-%20Form%2020-F.PDF

scroll to page 157.

SEA Group
2017: 558mil LOSS
2018: 957mil LOSS
2019: 1.472bil LOSS

also, look up on how to read consolidated statements of comprehensive income/loss.


source: s://.seagroup.com/investor/annualreport
pls learn to read segment reporting
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 26-05-2020, 01:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
pls learn to read segment reporting
Not the person you are replying to, but could you elaborate further on segment reporting? Basically, how to read the numbers in the report? Looks like big losses to an average Joe
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,112 Replies, 273,741 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,387 Replies, 4,843,716 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,444 Replies, 1,400,585 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,120 Replies, 1,331,933 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
480 Replies, 289,572 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,880 Replies, 630,279 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,296 Replies, 653,362 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
505 Replies, 347,776 Views
Working in a bank ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
531 Replies, 343,908 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
577 Replies, 459,508 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,740 Replies, 7,498,679 Views
Can share your your car... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 14,897 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,942 Replies, 1,464,938 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
86 Replies, 73,335 Views
Mnc jobs - a must in life ?? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
176 Replies, 69,480 Views
Grab Finance Graduate Programme... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 2,384 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
519 Replies, 297,327 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
248 Replies, 107,037 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,852 Replies, 969,712 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,209 Replies, 2,599,390 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,786 Replies, 4,422,004 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,390 Replies, 609,185 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,953 Replies, 1,815,317 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
296 Replies, 113,252 Views
Getting MBA worth? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
140 Replies, 101,668 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
354 Replies, 112,600 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
279 Replies, 154,105 Views
JTC (Jurong Town Corporation) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 40,477 Views
IB Salaries in SG (BBs and EBs...
0 Replies, 161 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,073 Replies, 2,582,366 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2