31 yo private uni grad. Is there any way to recover this position? - Page 3 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

31 yo private uni grad. Is there any way to recover this position?

Old 29-06-2024, 06:47 PM
Verified Member

xiaoyan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It seems that you have something to argue back with everyone who provides you with an opinion. When you seek anonymous views on a forum, you should already been prepared for tongue in cheek views. People come here to relax and give off the cuff opinions. They may be based on own experience and hearsay, but pls don’t expect carefully researched views or that people will have the time to entertain each of your long rebuttals.

I think I will be disengaging from your thread as your tone and outlook gives very negative vibes. This is not attractive as a job seeker. It’s not all about qualifications but also about the presentation.

People have even gone in and out of prison and rehabilitated themselves. Here you are hat!ng yourself becos you don’t have the perfect qualifications or dream job. The answer to some of your questions to others can be easily found by browsing LinkedIn profiles to see what people with private degrees have done with themselves. That may be more helpful than coming here to argue point by point with anonymous forum users.
Really sorry for offending you with my responses! I have been trying my best to be as polite as possible. I really do want to understand where your sources are from.

Totally understand that your responses are tongue in cheek views/off the cuff! It is wholly my mistake for misunderstanding your intent, but thank you for clarifying!

Apologies for my poor social skills which are seen as constantly arguing back, and thank you for your feedback. I genuinely hope that I can measure up to you guys one day

Old 29-06-2024, 06:56 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Not the OP but this is pure nonsense lol

1. being a "SWE" isn't about knowing leetcode, no idea what gave you that impression, any moron can pick up python and grind LC, does that make them "SWE"? nope. only when you have an actual dev job then you're a "SWE". don't loosely throw titles like that pls, you don't have a tech job, you're not a "SWE" so step off your high horse.
You need leetcode to get into that position, and many leetcode problems are more complex than the degree of OOP needed.

Quote:
2. Yaya you need to stop being cringe and go with the "fk I AM STUPID I AM USELESS" nonsense defense strategy everytime someone calls you out on your nonsense. just admit your mistakes and move on? why tf you need to constantly crap on yourself every time just to counter-argue?

imagine this

you: no, that's wrong, this is right
someone: nope, this is correct, here's proof
you: oh sorry i am disgusting, stupid, pathetic, you should step on me
someone: ??? simi lj?

that's the impression you give. learn to work on that. otherwise 100% no company wants you and if you ever get into any team, 99% ur whole team will hate working with you.
I fully admit that I am not the most intelligent person, and could definitely have missed something! Could you point out to me where the proof was provided in this thread?

Old 29-06-2024, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Not the OP but this is pure nonsense lol

that's the impression you give. learn to work on that. otherwise 100% no company wants you and if you ever get into any team, 99% ur whole team will hate working with you.
Not OP but agree with this..

i have friend who are from SIM-UOL.
He joined a bank as a temp staff (as a part time during his uni days) and later converted to full time when he graduate.

He earns the same amount as those of local uni grads.

u can say that he is lucky. But he did what he could by doing part time during his uni days to get an offer.

now Visa traineeship is ur opportunity.
I tried applying Visa mgmt. program and not even an interview lol.

Old 29-06-2024, 07:08 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
now Visa traineeship is ur opportunity.
I tried applying Visa mgmt. program and not even an interview lol.
Out of curiosity, which is the Visa mgmt. program?
I understand that there are a few different programs at Visa (VTTP, Graduate) but I am not sure which one you are referring to. Is it technical? Do you have a link?
Old 29-06-2024, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoyan View Post
Could you point out to me where the proof was provided in this thread?
The person was giving you a hypothetical example to illustrate your pattern of speech here, you still go and ask for proof.

People who reply need not be the OP of the reply you replied to. But clearly more than one person have the same takeaway from your responses. No need to apologise to us. It means nothing and we do not require it.

What matters is that you reflect on the advice rather than repeating the exact same thing. The way you speak about yourself will invite people to treat you a certain way.

Online forum may not mince their words compared to real life due to anonymity. But the same principles apply. If you cannot manage online criticism (ie. brush it off and walk away) I am uncertain how you will cope in a real office. The MNCs and other roles you hope to work in are filled with the same range of characters that come online to forums.

In short, engaging with you is very tedious. Please don’t apologise. Silence and reflection would be the best response.
Old 29-06-2024, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

The first thing u have to do is be more confident when talking abt yourself

My ex boss (middle mgmt at 35 years old) is an AVP in a startup. He graduated from the exact same uni as yours and has the confidence / ego as big as a horse lmao

There’s no way u can be any worse / clueless than this guy. But becos he is confident and talks like a capable person, he aced most interviews and from his track records on LinkedIn- always end up in good mgmt roles

Just my two cents. Even if u don’t have the skills needed for a particular job, just be confident and explain what u know that think may relevant. Don’t bring yourself down cos if u don’t respect yourself and joke abt your degree , everybody else will just step on u too cos that’s what u want anyways

Old 29-06-2024, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

bro just wants to argue about everything lmfao what a nightmare to talk to.
Old 29-06-2024, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
The first thing u have to do is be more confident when talking abt yourself

My ex boss (middle mgmt at 35 years old) is an AVP in a startup. He graduated from the exact same uni as yours and has the confidence / ego as big as a horse lmao

There’s no way u can be any worse / clueless than this guy. But becos he is confident and talks like a capable person, he aced most interviews and from his track records on LinkedIn- always end up in good mgmt roles

Just my two cents. Even if u don’t have the skills needed for a particular job, just be confident and explain what u know that think may relevant. Don’t bring yourself down cos if u don’t respect yourself and joke abt your degree , everybody else will just step on u too cos that’s what u want anyways

how to b more confident? moi low self eskeem
Old 30-06-2024, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
bro just wants to argue about everything lmfao what a nightmare to talk to.
Also got the habit of asking repeated questions on issues that have already been advised or can be found with simple Google search

Usually people post answer to thread with what they know and don’t expect to have to come back answer more questions. This guy will follow up with every line in your answer as though others he don’t even know got nothing to do but provide follow up info

I was neutral when this thread was started but now I wish he would get the memo to actually act on all the advice given and stop posting comments that are beyond cringe (OP it’s nothing to do with your degree it’s the way you talk about yourself that makes people not even want to read your words a second time)
Old 30-06-2024, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

OP should become insurance agent la. MDRT huat, all problems solved