How much are you earning per annum? - Page 1355 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #13541 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2023, 10:31 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The decision to retire is personal. No right or wrong. No one has the right to make judgments. I retired 10 years ago at the age of 43. I was able to retire early because I have worked hard all my life from school all the way to a good career. I realised then that I donít need to work anymore in the corporate world as I had enough. I donít need to work more just to buy a bungalow. Why should I? Iím now still living in a luxury condo. I donít need a bungalow. The last 10 years have been the happiest years of my life.

Reply With Quote
  #13542 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2023, 10:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't quite understand your logic. Firstly, not many people reach management level not because there's no vacancy, but because they are not qualified. And then after spending 2-3 decades of hard work climbing to the top and achieving success, they somehow are considered selfish and should vacate the position as soon as possible? Then go drive grab to sustain till retirement? Or restart back to manager?
Thats your narrative but frankly I've seen lots of unqualified managers who spent their working hours surfing online newsfeed, online shopping, walking around the office chitchatting about everything unrelated to work. Even if you gave them the benefit of doubt that they were hardworking in their younger days, right now they are being a deadweight with minimal work output.
I did not say they should all vacate their position as soon as possible. I'm referring to those pointlessly working into their late 60s and even 70s even with millions in their bank accounts. If they can't retire even with that amount, then what about the younger folks? Part of the reason why the younger folks are job hopping so much is they realize there is little upward mobility in most companies, the most reliable means for them to get a salary bump and improve their living standards is to job hop.

Reply With Quote
  #13543 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2023, 01:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CEOs & CTOs naturally don't have very long tenures, I'm not bothered about those. I'm referring to those whom like you said, reach management title by 50, then keep on working forever. Lets be real, they ain't jop hopping at their age, they are most likely staying forever till their late sixties or whatever the govt increases the retirement age to by that time.
Then you don't really have an argument here at all.

If we are not even talking about CEOs roles where not anyone can just become one by working hard, this whole argument is pointless. Managers are managers because they worked for it. That's all. There's plenty of hardstuck associates / juniors or even seniors after 10-15 years because they either

1. Don't give a fk
2. Suck at their job

Majority of the time, it's 1, especially for this generation of people where we have things like "quiet quitting", ability to make money on the side through online, etc and other things.

Anyone can become a manager with enough effort. It's not impossible, it's just a matter of when do you actually get it, at age 40? 45? 50? and at what company but to become the next CEO? CTO? That's a whole different story. You need connections, need to beat your competitors, need to impress stakeholders, etc.

Reply With Quote
  #13544 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2023, 04:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thats a narrative you paint to suit your argument. You also have to admit there are people who can't move up the ladder for a long time simply because:
1) The company has no intention of increasing managerial roles headcount and they can't move up if the existing people occupying those positions refuse to budge.
2) They could be capable, but their existing manager simply don't like them or is jealous/feel threatened by their ability.

From my experience, if it's a foreign mnc, the CEO/CTO is usually a foreigner so that's not the position we sinkies are competing for anyways
Reply With Quote
  #13545 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2023, 11:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The decision to retire is personal. No right or wrong. No one has the right to make judgments. I retired 10 years ago at the age of 43. I was able to retire early because I have worked hard all my life from school all the way to a good career. I realised then that I donít need to work anymore in the corporate world as I had enough. I donít need to work more just to buy a bungalow. Why should I? Iím now still living in a luxury condo. I donít need a bungalow. The last 10 years have been the happiest years of my life.
You have made the right decision. Our life span is about 85 years, so you have worked hard half of your life and enjoy another half of your life. Actually maybe less as our health will not be good starting for the last ten years. So if we retire at 65, the good retirement years where you can enjoy traveling and doing active activities is only about ten years. Retiring in your 40s can allow you to enjoy retirement for more years.

Yes, you donít need to work harder just to afford a bungalow. Iím sure a condo will suffice, in fact you are fortunate to own a condo in Singapore. 80% here live in HDB flats.
Reply With Quote
  #13546 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2023, 11:52 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They are doing it at the expense of others who are unable to move up the corporate ladder because they refuse to retire and keep sitting on that position even though they have more than enough to retire comfortably
??????

anyone of u actually reading this rubbish?

this is as stupid as saying why some incoming uni kids can apply to multiple unis NTU NUS etc and hog multiple uni slots because they have high poly GPA or amazing A-level scores while those who cmi one need to be on waiting list and be at the mercy of these top scholars with multiple slots

if u suck u suck, people become managers and stay there because u suck. u are crazy if u think companies retain such managers just because they are average LOL

any top company will fire a mediocre manager and replace him/her. dont be naive, u think people hog management titles? delusional kid.
Reply With Quote

  #13547 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2023, 03:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
??????

anyone of u actually reading this rubbish?

this is as stupid as saying why some incoming uni kids can apply to multiple unis NTU NUS etc and hog multiple uni slots because they have high poly GPA or amazing A-level scores while those who cmi one need to be on waiting list and be at the mercy of these top scholars with multiple slots

if u suck u suck, people become managers and stay there because u suck. u are crazy if u think companies retain such managers just because they are average LOL

any top company will fire a mediocre manager and replace him/her. dont be naive, u think people hog management titles? delusional kid.
you are sprouting some idealistic ********, describing how thing are supposed to work in an ideal world. The reality is I've seen tons of incompetent managers spending their working hours reading online news feed, online shopping, walking around chitchatting about all sorts of ******** unrelated to work. Their total work output for the day is maybe an hour of barking out instructions/asking people to do stuff for them. Even if you gave them benefit of doubt that they were hardworking in their younger days, right now they are undeniably being a deadweight.
Reply With Quote
  #13548 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2023, 03:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you are sprouting some idealistic ********, describing how thing are supposed to work in an ideal world. The reality is I've seen tons of incompetent managers spending their working hours reading online news feed, online shopping, walking around chitchatting about all sorts of ******** unrelated to work. Their total work output for the day is maybe an hour of barking out instructions/asking people to do stuff for them. Even if you gave them benefit of doubt that they were hardworking in their younger days, right now they are undeniably being a deadweight.
LMAO how does your anecdotal evidence at some garbage company you work at means that every manager at all top companies are garbage managers like the one you've seen?

your post is as stupid as that other guy's.

come back and post some actual stats or proof that managers at TOP companies are fking garbage. until then no one here gives a fk about some trash manager at a start-up that no one knows about doing nothing or you and ur selective perception where we are reading what u see rather than what's actually happening.
Reply With Quote
  #13549 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2023, 07:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Retired couple in our 60s.
Flat paid up. No car.
Simple retirement lifestyle.
Cook at home most of the time.
Our combined passive income from CPF Life and childrenís contributions is $3000 pm.
Our expenses is $2500 pm.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #13550 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
??????

anyone of u actually reading this rubbish?

this is as stupid as saying why some incoming uni kids can apply to multiple unis NTU NUS etc and hog multiple uni slots because they have high poly GPA or amazing A-level scores while those who cmi one need to be on waiting list and be at the mercy of these top scholars with multiple slots

if u suck u suck, people become managers and stay there because u suck. u are crazy if u think companies retain such managers just because they are average LOL

any top company will fire a mediocre manager and replace him/her. dont be naive, u think people hog management titles? delusional kid.
bro is living in the past lol people just job hop and hold lower positions earning more than managers who stay at same place for many many years

even 17 years+ managers at google get fired, recently promoted people also fired, high performers also fired, if anyone want more money the key is to job hop and negotiate for higher pay each time
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 25 23-04-2021 10:40 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,751 Replies, 1,469,695 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,637 Replies, 4,838,771 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,734 Replies, 1,343,484 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,872 Replies, 10,165,923 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,219 Replies, 6,366,909 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,175 Replies, 3,315,326 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,236 Replies, 12,268,285 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,750 Replies, 1,008,063 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
414 Replies, 155,475 Views
Salary ranges in Big Tech in...
1 Replies, 431 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
616 Replies, 358,641 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,963 Replies, 2,087,688 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
629 Replies, 317,303 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
418 Replies, 710,026 Views
Tuv Sud (T‹V S‹D)
2 Replies, 2,402 Views
Jobs with travel opportunities
8 Replies, 3,707 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,068 Replies, 3,667,473 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,778 Replies, 4,566,931 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,064 Replies, 2,235,693 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
883 Replies, 479,869 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
181 Replies, 222,367 Views
Graduate Employment Survey 2023...
0 Replies, 334 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 9,145 Views
MOT (Ministry of Transport)
5 Replies, 5,563 Views
IBM salaries ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 7,690 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
700 Replies, 520,864 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,262 Replies, 697,846 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,264 Replies, 736,801 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
275 Replies, 377,887 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2