Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2023, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't quite understand your logic. Firstly, not many people reach management level not because there's no vacancy, but because they are not qualified. And then after spending 2-3 decades of hard work climbing to the top and achieving success, they somehow are considered selfish and should vacate the position as soon as possible? Then go drive grab to sustain till retirement? Or restart back to manager?
Thats your narrative but frankly I've seen lots of unqualified managers who spent their working hours surfing online newsfeed, online shopping, walking around the office chitchatting about everything unrelated to work. Even if you gave them the benefit of doubt that they were hardworking in their younger days, right now they are being a deadweight with minimal work output.
I did not say they should all vacate their position as soon as possible. I'm referring to those pointlessly working into their late 60s and even 70s even with millions in their bank accounts. If they can't retire even with that amount, then what about the younger folks? Part of the reason why the younger folks are job hopping so much is they realize there is little upward mobility in most companies, the most reliable means for them to get a salary bump and improve their living standards is to job hop.