Working in SMRT - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Working in SMRT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 15-06-2015, 09:43 PM
M_S M_S is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 3
M_S is on a distinguished road
Default Working in SMRT

Hi all, hoping any kind souls out there can help me out with my questions.

My brother is applying for an IT system analyst position at SMRT and has been called for an interview. Am trying to help him find out some info because they seem to be looking to fill in quite a number of vacancies for position. Not sure if this is a red flag...

1. How many rounds of interviews are there?
2. Are the interviews very technical?
3. What kind of welfare benefits the company offer? Eg. how many annual leave, medical leave, etc.
4. How many months bonus a year on avg?
5. How is the annual increment? In terms of avg % per year.
6. How is the working culture there? In particular the IT dept. Is it very stressful in general? eg. culture of fear, blaming staff, etc?
7. How is the promotion path? Got career progression, etc?
8. What is the avg asking salary for this position here? They asked for a copy of his payslip so not sure if they can offer good basic.


Thanks very much in advance for anyone currently working/worked at SMRT (in the IT dept.) or know friends/relatives who do and can share.


Last edited by M_S; 15-06-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 16-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_S View Post
Hi all, hoping any kind souls out there can help me out with my questions.

My brother is applying for an IT system analyst position at SMRT and has been called for an interview. Am trying to help him find out some info because they seem to be looking to fill in quite a number of vacancies for position. Not sure if this is a red flag...

1. How many rounds of interviews are there?
2. Are the interviews very technical?
3. What kind of welfare benefits the company offer? Eg. how many annual leave, medical leave, etc.
4. How many months bonus a year on avg?
5. How is the annual increment? In terms of avg % per year.
6. How is the working culture there? In particular the IT dept. Is it very stressful in general? eg. culture of fear, blaming staff, etc?
7. How is the promotion path? Got career progression, etc?
8. What is the avg asking salary for this position here? They asked for a copy of his payslip so not sure if they can offer good basic.


Thanks very much in advance for anyone currently working/worked at SMRT (in the IT dept.) or know friends/relatives who do and can share.
Har? apply for some junior IT job in a local co. need to ask so many questions online?

Most of the company policy question why not just ask your bro to ask the HR directly, much faster.

As for the rest of the question on pay, bonus and promotion. All I can say is come on, it's just a support IT job in a gov local company, it's mostly your typical average numbers lor.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 16-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

just take 20% discount of whatever is normal in civil service then should be abt smrt level.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 16-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

heard during the good days under saw pek hua bonus can go up to 9-10mths, but dunno now under new mgt is still same or not.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 16-06-2015, 10:24 PM
M_S M_S is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 3
M_S is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Har? apply for some junior IT job in a local co. need to ask so many questions online?

Most of the company policy question why not just ask your bro to ask the HR directly, much faster.

As for the rest of the question on pay, bonus and promotion. All I can say is come on, it's just a support IT job in a gov local company, it's mostly your typical average numbers lor.
Possible to ask HR on the working culture, high turnover, etc. meh? Thought normally they will never tell you the truth, unless you have friends in the HR dept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
just take 20% discount of whatever is normal in civil service then should be abt smrt level.
Eh, basic salary generally lower at SMRT than civil service? Not even sure what's considered 'normal' range for this type of IT support in civil service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
heard during the good days under saw pek hua bonus can go up to 9-10mths, but dunno now under new mgt is still same or not.
Wow, I'm sure this kind of bonus definitely only for the upper management only. That's almost 1 year worth salary O_O
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 16-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 86
villan is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_S View Post
Possible to ask HR on the working culture, high turnover, etc. meh? Thought normally they will never tell you the truth, unless you have friends in the HR dept.



Eh, basic salary generally lower at SMRT than civil service? Not even sure what's considered 'normal' range for this type of IT support in civil service.



Wow, I'm sure this kind of bonus definitely only for the upper management only. That's almost 1 year worth salary O_O
shd be in the range of 2.7k to 3.3k
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 17-06-2015, 10:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_S View Post
Possible to ask HR on the working culture, high turnover, etc. meh? Thought normally they will never tell you the truth, unless you have friends in the HR dept.



Eh, basic salary generally lower at SMRT than civil service? Not even sure what's considered 'normal' range for this type of IT support in civil service.



Wow, I'm sure this kind of bonus definitely only for the upper management only. That's almost 1 year worth salary O_O
Yes generally SMRT pay is lower than civil service. They considered a 2nd/3rd tier GLC, if you want pay similar to civil service then you must go for big ones like Capitaland, Keppel, SIA, CAG etc.

Also ever since the screw up, they have been very conservative of the bonus, if can get >2.5 months already considered very good.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 17-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes generally SMRT pay is lower than civil service. They considered a 2nd/3rd tier GLC, if you want pay similar to civil service then you must go for big ones like Capitaland, Keppel, SIA, CAG etc.

Also ever since the screw up, they have been very conservative of the bonus, if can get >2.5 months already considered very good.
SIA starting for freshies is only 2700-3200
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 17-06-2015, 11:09 PM
M_S M_S is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 3
M_S is on a distinguished road
Default

Anyone who have worked or are working at SMRT? Can share experience on the working culture?

Would very much appreciate it
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 17-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_S View Post
Anyone who have worked or are working at SMRT? Can share experience on the working culture?

Would very much appreciate it
Local backward culture, long hours, average pay lor.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engineer in SMRT allstar Income and Jobs 3 13-02-2014 07:40 PM
SMRT CEO Saw Phaik Hwa - draft resignation letter BOT General Discussions 0 16-12-2011 10:52 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,832 Replies, 6,205,883 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,004 Replies, 8,657,565 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
850 Replies, 171,848 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,478 Replies, 1,964,262 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
855 Replies, 591,350 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,045 Replies, 355,194 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,601 Replies, 2,233,398 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
161 Replies, 60,563 Views
15% ROI monthly is it too hard to... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 2,559 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,974 Replies, 778,313 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,712 Replies, 815,036 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,327 Replies, 2,220,934 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,213 Replies, 864,115 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
347 Replies, 135,810 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,903 Replies, 1,857,771 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
855 Replies, 221,885 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
838 Replies, 388,110 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
111 Replies, 104,128 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,625 Replies, 868,778 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
152 Replies, 92,002 Views
How do people in their early 30s... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 516 Views
Buying or renting a property ???... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 24,606 Views
Anyone ever rage quitted your job... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 1,561 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
539 Replies, 185,791 Views
DXC Technology Software Developer ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 2,449 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
195 Replies, 158,206 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,195 Replies, 878,938 Views
Credit Suisse ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
174 Replies, 112,462 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
333 Replies, 124,653 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2