How much are you earning per annum? - Page 1305 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #13041 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 10:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
YA sia

So many places wfh or hybrid. Ccb all these boomers so dumb, cannot do work, simple VPN also dunno how to use. They get 10k / month cause company scared of firing them and they cry to MOM

Wtf... I ask for simple report also take 1 week LOL must be typing 1 word a minute or some sai
Why easily made angry by boomers. They cannot do work and everything don know but still can keep high pay job. This is reality; nothing much can be done. Even you know everything/more efficient or income higher than boomers, it does not bother them at all.

Reply With Quote
  #13042 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 11:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
YA sia

So many places wfh or hybrid. Ccb all these boomers so dumb, cannot do work, simple VPN also dunno how to use. They get 10k / month cause company scared of firing them and they cry to MOM

Wtf... I ask for simple report also take 1 week LOL must be typing 1 word a minute or some sai
as long as you are working there, you are no different?

Reply With Quote
  #13043 (permalink)  
Old 14-02-2022, 01:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We will be retiring in a couple of years when we reach 55 after collecting our CPF funds. We plan to downgrade from our condo to a HDB flat and become debt free.

Sell condo $1 million
Buy HDB flat $500k
Collect CPF OA $200k
So we get $(1-0.5+0.2) = $0.7 million cash

We can spend this cash for our retirement from 55 to 65 years old.
We will need $5k pm which is $600k over 10 years.
When we reach 65, our combined CPF Life will be $5k pm.

This is our early retirement plan. We are very fortunate to be among the few in Singapore who can retire early.

Reply With Quote
  #13044 (permalink)  
Old 14-02-2022, 01:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We will be retiring in a couple of years when we reach 55 after collecting our CPF funds. We plan to downgrade from our condo to a HDB flat and become debt free.

Sell condo $1 million
Buy HDB flat $500k
Collect CPF OA $200k
So we get $(1-0.5+0.2) = $0.7 million cash

We can spend this cash for our retirement from 55 to 65 years old.
We will need $5k pm which is $600k over 10 years.
When we reach 65, our combined CPF Life will be $5k pm.

This is our early retirement plan. We are very fortunate to be among the few in Singapore who can retire early.
Many can do the same but rather hold on to their $5m private property for life and bring it to the heavens.
Reply With Quote
  #13045 (permalink)  
Old 14-02-2022, 01:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Many can do the same but rather hold on to their $5m private property for life and bring it to the heavens.
For us we value our free time. We donít know how long we can live. No point working another 10 years. Enjoy while we can. There is not much difference staying in a condo or HDB flat. We donít really care about social status. Who cares anyway?
Reply With Quote
  #13046 (permalink)  
Old 14-02-2022, 06:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For us we value our free time. We donít know how long we can live. No point working another 10 years. Enjoy while we can. There is not much difference staying in a condo or HDB flat. We donít really care about social status. Who cares anyway?
Salute you. Achieving FIRE is more important than social status
Reply With Quote

  #13047 (permalink)  
Old 14-02-2022, 08:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For us we value our free time. We donít know how long we can live. No point working another 10 years. Enjoy while we can. There is not much difference staying in a condo or HDB flat. We donít really care about social status. Who cares anyway?
Do you mind sharing your monthly house hold income prior to retirement? How about kids etc?
Reply With Quote
  #13048 (permalink)  
Old 14-02-2022, 12:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I started work at 32. My job was paid for 1.8K, after almost 16 years, I am still a middle level manager with a salary at 12K, with AWS and 1.5 month VB (I guess, since I just joined the company).

So I am 48, no wife, no kids, no house, is still in debt with many banks (around 90K) due to gambling. FYI, I am not intent to clear the debts, personal preference.
Reply With Quote
  #13049 (permalink)  
Old 14-02-2022, 01:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Software engineer
about 80k annually from work ( < 1 YOE )
total income : 140k+ annual ( 60k from stocks, 80k from work )

i invest in crypto, mainly bitcoin and use a trading bot. basically buys low then sells high. this works because unless you are buying at ATH, it's near impossible to lose money. after every dip there will be a rise.

not sure what else to do tbh... i feel like working and saving makes 0 sense anymore. i put all my savings into crypto and if it crash to 0 then it crashes to 0, i dont care anymore lol

not married
no kids ( quite stupid to have kids nowadays )

hoping to work in the US 10 years later and live peacefully
Reply With Quote
  #13050 (permalink)  
Old 14-02-2022, 01:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Software engineer
about 80k annually from work ( < 1 YOE )
total income : 140k+ annual ( 60k from stocks, 80k from work )

i invest in crypto, mainly bitcoin and use a trading bot. basically buys low then sells high. this works because unless you are buying at ATH, it's near impossible to lose money. after every dip there will be a rise.

not sure what else to do tbh... i feel like working and saving makes 0 sense anymore. i put all my savings into crypto and if it crash to 0 then it crashes to 0, i dont care anymore lol

not married
no kids ( quite stupid to have kids nowadays )

hoping to work in the US 10 years later and live peacefully
Please share your bot 不想努力了
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 25 23-04-2021 10:40 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,972 Replies, 1,584,960 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
172 Replies, 86,715 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
19,063 Replies, 8,367,215 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,817 Replies, 2,502,577 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,748 Replies, 4,814,600 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,664 Replies, 3,786,929 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
94 Replies, 35,072 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,017 Replies, 1,041,570 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
669 Replies, 316,664 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,282 Replies, 2,965,798 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,279 Replies, 10,672,398 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,315 Replies, 1,071,161 Views
Digital Academy Program at ST...
6 Replies, 943 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,744 Replies, 5,852,544 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,218 Replies, 549,460 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,802 Replies, 2,508,257 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,928 Replies, 1,269,715 Views
Dso & htx
9 Replies, 1,504 Views
Rakuten Software Engineer (Fresh...
6 Replies, 1,273 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,291 Replies, 1,124,586 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,604 Replies, 1,302,489 Views
Credit Suisse salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
50 Replies, 26,979 Views
Singapore Airlines
5 Replies, 1,172 Views
MOH Holdings ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 18,074 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,072 Replies, 3,596,422 Views
IBM salaries ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,488 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
310 Replies, 204,378 Views
merit increment in civil service ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
105 Replies, 157,791 Views
Management Consultant in Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
42 Replies, 92,121 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2