HTX (Home Team Science and Technology Agency) - Page 34 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

HTX (Home Team Science and Technology Agency)

Old 22-07-2023, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1st year default C, 2nd year B. Pay was mid 5k in Feb, low 6k in Mar, and high 6k in Apr.
So 9yoe , high 6k ah.. previously from private which industry?

Old 22-07-2023, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Only XT6 with 9yoe with NUS degree, but recently saw new hire with 6yoe getting offered XT7 from 3rd rate (SIT/SUSS) degree. Someone with 2yoe also get XT6, so felt very shortchanged by HR.

Super fed up with working with all the useless people that only wants to wayang, especially at this appraisal period.

Was from private, and think I am more suited for private. Just want to get PB and move on to do some actual work.

What is your definition of “3rd rate” university? If you are using a ranking similar to the “QS World University Rankings” where NUS and NTU ranks very high, then I guess its not very accurate to determine the graduate’s capabilities/skillsets.
The ‘QS World University Rankings’ ranks university based on 5 criteria:
Academic Reputation: 40%
(“expert opinion” of over 130,000 individuals, essentially a voting process which will always bring some biasness)

Employer Reputation: 10%
(again voting, and in a small country like SG where NUS and NTU is has been around for the longest time it only makes sense to vote them)

Faculty/Student Ratio: 20%
(hmmm really…. hard to measure accurately, don’t really indicate capability of graduating students)

Citations per faculty: 20%
(hmm… The process includes taking the total number of citations received by all papers produced by a university across a five-year period by the number of faculty members at that institution. A metric that can be easily controlled by the institution themselves)

International Faculty Ratio /International Student Ratio :10%
(again, doesn’t add value to the output and capability of graduating students)

So, doesn’t make sense to determine a university ‘true” rank/rate by this kind of ranking system. It really gives an inaccurate judgement to the universities and the students graduating from them.

Anyways at HTX it seems like the senior management from the “1st rated universities” are now choosing “3rd rated” university graduates with less experience to be a higher rank, in this case XT7. So maybe in your 3 years there, your university has become the very “3rd rated university” instead….ahaha…jkjk.

I guess if really unhappy at the job, best to find something that fits you better., good luck next year after your PB to find a better job for you!

Old 23-07-2023, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Only XT6 with 9yoe with NUS degree, but recently saw new hire with 6yoe getting offered XT7 from 3rd rate (SIT/SUSS) degree. Someone with 2yoe also get XT6, so felt very shortchanged by HR.

Super fed up with working with all the useless people that only wants to wayang, especially at this appraisal period.

Was from private, and think I am more suited for private. Just want to get PB and move on to do some actual work.
This is how i see it. Likely u joined them earlier during days where they are still quite "unknown" and the demand is there. But now they have lose quite a few ppl and lots of vacancies yet to fill. So they no choice but to hire aggressively and giving out higher grades to try and feel the gap. Its a stop gap but bad strategy in long term.

Old 23-07-2023, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
This is how i see it. Likely u joined them earlier during days where they are still quite "unknown" and the demand is there. But now they have lose quite a few ppl and lots of vacancies yet to fill. So they no choice but to hire aggressively and giving out higher grades to try and feel the gap. Its a stop gap but bad strategy in long term.
Very likely so. I think it will end up hurting the organisation in the long run. Going to abandon ship before the ship starts to sink.
Old 24-07-2023, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

I guess it's well known that htx can't pay. probably because it's not consider as a tech agency/company. the only statboard that can pay is govtech. the rest of the pay scale is probably pretty much the same as other statboard/ministry/agency
Old 24-07-2023, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

anyone knows how many year does promotion happen if I'm a fresh grade who entered HTX and performed average or slightly above average?

Old 24-07-2023, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
anyone knows how many year does promotion happen if I'm a fresh grade who entered HTX and performed average or slightly above average?
for XT6-XT7, I heard need to get 2 consecutive B grading to be promoted, after 1st year:

1st Year - C (Default, unless you really really good)
2nd Year - B
3rd Year - B
4th Year - Promoted

So looking at this, will take 4 years to be promoted, which is relatively long, most ppl not motivated to stay especially if the work, culture, people and environment not good for them.

Anyone can confirm this? and if there are any ppl who promoted in 3 years (1st year - C, 2nd Year - B and 3rd Year promote) b4?
Old 24-07-2023, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
for XT6-XT7, I heard need to get 2 consecutive B grading to be promoted, after 1st year:

2nd Year - B
3rd Year - B
4th Year - Promoted

So looking at this, will take 4 years to be promoted, which is relatively long, most ppl not motivated to stay especially if the work, culture, people and environment not good for them.

Anyone can confirm this? and if there are any ppl who promoted in 3 years (1st year - C, 2nd Year - B and 3rd Year promote) b4?
As what they said, if you come in as XT6, estimated 3 years to promote. If I’m not wrong, u only need 1 C+ and a B. B is for the year that u are recommended for promotion.
Old 24-07-2023, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
As what they said, if you come in as XT6, estimated 3 years to promote. If I’m not wrong, u only need 1 C+ and a B. B is for the year that u are recommended for promotion.
Wow means kena once C (average), have to restart liao....
Old 25-07-2023, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

2nd Year - B
3rd Year - B
4th Year - Promoted

Not true. Saw one guy come in and get promoted after his 1st full appraisal (1.5 years into contract). As long as management wants to and can justify for your promotion, u will get promoted. Saw someone that got promoted twice in 2 consecutive years into superscale level as well, something previously thought to be impossible.