How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 603 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #6021 (permalink)  
Old 17-09-2023, 03:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I round two full wards in a morning
You round half ward in a morning

I four times as valuable as you
All nubs
I own a chain of clinics that hire gullible doctors to work for me
Got GP clinics
Got pain management clinics
Got aesthetic clinics

I waiting for Guangzhou gang to pay me 100 million to buy out from me

Reply With Quote
  #6022 (permalink)  
Old 17-09-2023, 05:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
All nubs
I own a chain of clinics that hire gullible doctors to work for me
Got GP clinics
Got pain management clinics
Got aesthetic clinics

I waiting for Guangzhou gang to pay me 100 million to buy out from me
You mean the Cambodians from Fujian

Reply With Quote
  #6023 (permalink)  
Old 17-09-2023, 05:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The attitudes towards practising medicine in this forum are absolutely cynical and disgusting

Reply With Quote
  #6024 (permalink)  
Old 17-09-2023, 05:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
guys dont worry.

We have the Resident Pipeline to train doctors who do the right thing

Just wait for them to pass MMED and the quality of docs will increase!
True, my cluster (west) has increased their intake from 7-8/year just 3 years ago to now 30+/year. (Current R1 batch)
Reply With Quote
  #6025 (permalink)  
Old 17-09-2023, 06:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
True, my cluster (west) has increased their intake from 7-8/year just 3 years ago to now 30+/year. (Current R1 batch)


Im not afraid of residents quitting
Im afraid of residents not quitting
Reply With Quote
  #6026 (permalink)  
Old 17-09-2023, 07:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Im not afraid of residents quitting
Im afraid of residents not quitting
What u trying to say
soon they will become mmeders and carry the healthcare system ok.
Need everyone to pass their exams, heard wont be too hard this year.
Reply With Quote

  #6027 (permalink)  
Old 17-09-2023, 11:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The attitudes towards practising medicine in this forum are absolutely cynical and disgusting
lol lol lol lol
Reply With Quote
  #6028 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2023, 02:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am actually curious, how can a doctor make himself more highly valued and indispensible? (Meaning if he say he wants to quit, people will actually try their best to keep him- either through higher pay or other perks)

From the way I see it, it seems that family medicine (GP/FPS) are very replaceable. (Not that they are useless/unimportant, just that it's very easy to find someone to replace them)-maybe it's just the sheer volume of GP/FP nowadays.

Not sure if specialist are the same? I personally think GM and Geri or even gs is pretty much the same. Not sure about the more specialized fields, esp the procedural ones (like neurosurgery/cardio thoracic surgery/spine surgery, or like cardio interventionist) are more indispensable (as there are fewer trainees each year)

And for those who already entered into a generic field (like FM/AIM), how can they make themselves more valuable or indispensable to the institution (Can be public/private) so that they can't be replaced so easily ...
I can add on this.
But then I thought why share? If I share then I lose my edge.
LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #6029 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2023, 03:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am actually curious, how can a doctor make himself more highly valued and indispensible? (Meaning if he say he wants to quit, people will actually try their best to keep him- either through higher pay or other perks)

From the way I see it, it seems that family medicine (GP/FPS) are very replaceable. (Not that they are useless/unimportant, just that it's very easy to find someone to replace them)-maybe it's just the sheer volume of GP/FP nowadays.

Not sure if specialist are the same? I personally think GM and Geri or even gs is pretty much the same. Not sure about the more specialized fields, esp the procedural ones (like neurosurgery/cardio thoracic surgery/spine surgery, or like cardio interventionist) are more indispensable (as there are fewer trainees each year)

And for those who already entered into a generic field (like FM/AIM), how can they make themselves more valuable or indispensable to the institution (Can be public/private) so that they can't be replaced so easily ...


FM is a numbers game. You are valuable to the clinic if you can constantly produce (attend to as many patients within the same timeframe).

Your personality is a key factor. Never argue or question the patient. If he/she wants this, try to give it to him/her as long itís within the legal limits. Retaining your patient base is important if you want to maintain steady patient flow and revenue.

This means giving out referral letters if the patient wants and knowing when and how to dish out MCs.
Reply With Quote
  #6030 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2023, 03:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Is it fair to say that internal med is a more specialised GP/fam Med doctor?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 3 04-08-2022 11:49 PM
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,679 Replies, 4,851,877 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,641 Replies, 1,493,146 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,025 Replies, 424,324 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,253 Replies, 12,288,988 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,195 Replies, 3,325,975 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
107 Replies, 72,878 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,396 Replies, 1,341,305 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,251 Replies, 6,382,932 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
454 Replies, 257,441 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,077 Replies, 3,675,067 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,781 Replies, 4,575,998 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
298 Replies, 354,709 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,067 Replies, 2,242,783 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
276 Replies, 378,755 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,757 Replies, 1,011,895 Views
Salaries of Professors in SG ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
136 Replies, 300,677 Views
Scoot STEP
5 Replies, 4,230 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,967 Replies, 2,093,310 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
523 Replies, 594,769 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,746 Replies, 1,351,904 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,884 Replies, 10,185,038 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,492 Replies, 1,905,342 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,294 Replies, 984,474 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,755 Replies, 1,473,524 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,916 Replies, 2,877,909 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
621 Replies, 361,360 Views
Aon Centre for Innovation and...
7 Replies, 5,650 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
482 Replies, 617,676 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 9,440 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
704 Replies, 523,029 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2