How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 503 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5021 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2023, 12:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Rather not reveal this. How many drs in sg have migrated?
I did consider all 3 including UK.
All have pros and cons.
Which country you thinking of migrating to?
I thought of flying to USA to give birth when I was pregnant with my first boy but I didn't. Then wanted to work in New Zealand after my second boy but developed some psychiatric problems and couldn't.

I am fortunate that I can still work as a Dr though with conditional reg now in RMG. Very grateful to RMG for hiring me.

Reply With Quote
  #5022 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2023, 12:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

But I heard from my psychiatrist that there are CEOs even with my type of condition working. And also I know of a Dr with the same problem working in the polyclinics.

I am glad SMC lets us practise as long as we r compliant with meds and psychiatrist says fit to practice.

But I won't be able to migrate as other countries are not so accomodating.

Reply With Quote
  #5023 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2023, 12:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I thought of flying to USA to give birth when I was pregnant with my first boy but I didn't. Then wanted to work in New Zealand after my second boy but developed some psychiatric problems and couldn't.

I am fortunate that I can still work as a Dr though with conditional reg now in RMG. Very grateful to RMG for hiring me.
PPD?
Fam med is quite stressful as it is high volume work.
I dont do fam med anymore after ai burnt out.
But managed to reinvent.

Reply With Quote
  #5024 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2023, 12:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So to the other Drs out there, don't be afraid to seek help if u need for yr mental health. SMC will still let u practise if u are compliant with meds and follow up.

Mental conditions affects people irregardless of their jobs.
Reply With Quote
  #5025 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2023, 12:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
PPD?
Fam med is quite stressful as it is high volume work.
I dont do fam med anymore after ai burnt out.
But managed to reinvent.
What is PPD?
Reply With Quote
  #5026 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2023, 12:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
But I heard from my psychiatrist that there are CEOs even with my type of condition working. And also I know of a Dr with the same problem working in the polyclinics.

I am glad SMC lets us practise as long as we r compliant with meds and psychiatrist says fit to practice.

But I won't be able to migrate as other countries are not so accomodating.
You are right. You wont be able to get registration.
Even if you did not have mental health issues it is very difficult
To get registration overseas.
It is ok if you already have registration ans develop breakdown
The registration body is usually understanding and also has separate
Physician health departments to monitor drs recuperating
But want to migrate and be dr in late 40s is very unlikely
Reply With Quote

  #5027 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2023, 12:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is PPD?
Post partum depression?
Reply With Quote
  #5028 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2023, 12:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are right. You wont be able to get registration.
Even if you did not have mental health issues it is very difficult
To get registration overseas.
It is ok if you already have registration ans develop breakdown
The registration body is usually understanding and also has separate
Physician health departments to monitor drs recuperating
But want to migrate and be dr in late 40s is very unlikely
I want to retire early. Luckily, I think as a couple we still can.
Reply With Quote
  #5029 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2023, 12:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to retire early. Luckily, I think as a couple we still can.
Hope you retire early then.
I know the feeling. Hard to walk away from medicine.
Like so sayang or wasted.
Can still earn why not keep going right?
But for well being need to be able to walk way some day.
Just saw an ad for position in aesthetics clinic says

Benefits:

The total take home for this role is up to 1 million per year.

The successful applicant can expect unsurpassed income potential, increased work-life balance, and the opportunity to practice out of one of the most desirable, state-of the-art dermatology clinic spaces in the country.
Reply With Quote
  #5030 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2023, 12:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hope you retire early then.
I know the feeling. Hard to walk away from medicine.
Like so sayang or wasted.
Can still earn why not keep going right?
But for well being need to be able to walk way some day.
Just saw an ad for position in aesthetics clinic says

Benefits:

The total take home for this role is up to 1 million per year.

The successful applicant can expect unsurpassed income potential, increased work-life balance, and the opportunity to practice out of one of the most desirable, state-of the-art dermatology clinic spaces in the country.
Haha. I tried aesthetcs before with PPP. They didn't even require COCs then. Just taught me the mechanical way to laser. Then I saw they had a patient sue them, got scared and left. Tried to get the COC, only have 2 I think but gave up on the idea as I found the MPS fees too high, risk of damaging my eyes with laser too. And frankly found it very boring.

Also they work from 11am to 8pm which I didn't really like.

Dunno, may consider it again after I get my full reg.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 3 04-08-2022 11:49 PM
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,001 Replies, 2,103,071 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,701 Replies, 4,870,039 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,657 Replies, 1,498,618 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,773 Replies, 1,361,765 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,893 Replies, 10,206,494 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,098 Replies, 2,251,559 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,271 Replies, 12,308,504 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
139 Replies, 49,914 Views
Top 10 degree programmes in...
3 Replies, 3,936 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,206 Replies, 3,336,013 Views
Staying in SPF or join another...
2 Replies, 552 Views
Rio tinto ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
82 Replies, 55,468 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
466 Replies, 258,939 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,264 Replies, 6,405,003 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,240 Replies, 592,123 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,270 Replies, 743,855 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
112 Replies, 73,922 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,761 Replies, 1,015,246 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
639 Replies, 323,808 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,028 Replies, 426,680 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
707 Replies, 525,609 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 17,300 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,397 Replies, 1,345,121 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
314 Replies, 310,226 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
702 Replies, 388,085 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,263 Replies, 700,712 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,297 Replies, 986,951 Views
Visa Internship
3 Replies, 4,350 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 712,883 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 486,645 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2