Certis Cisco - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




Certis Cisco

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2015, 01:13 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 24
bochng0001 is on a distinguished road
Default

Recently got invited to interview to join the talent management programme.. starting as a Management Grade (10).
Anyone has experience with this programme, and can share what it's like? And the rough remuneration that I can expect as a Grade 10?

Thanks.

Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bochng0001 View Post
Recently got invited to interview to join the talent management programme.. starting as a Management Grade (10).
Anyone has experience with this programme, and can share what it's like? And the rough remuneration that I can expect as a Grade 10?

Thanks.
I would advise you not take job titles and big words like talent management program in Certis too seriously. They are poor paymasters famous for using inflated titles to make the job sound bigger than it is.

By proper mnc standards their Grade 12 is roughly assist manager, 13 manager , 14 sr manager, 15-16 director. 10 is just a typical fresh grad hire rebranded to make it sound like management associate program in the banks.

Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 24
bochng0001 is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks for your feedback! The HR also kind of promised that I would hit AVP by mid 30s.. it all does sound too good to be true.
So Grade 10 is for fresh grads? That'd be weird considering that I have 4 years of experience.. anyway I'll keep my eyes open before taking it up.

Anyone else has anything to share?

Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bochng0001 View Post
Thanks for your feedback! The HR also kind of promised that I would hit AVP by mid 30s.. it all does sound too good to be true.
So Grade 10 is for fresh grads? That'd be weird considering that I have 4 years of experience.. anyway I'll keep my eyes open before taking it up.

Anyone else has anything to share?
AVP in Certis doesn't mean sh1t honestly, just a fancy name for AM/M in most big companies. IIRC it is just grade 12/13 when I left few years ago, heard from colleagues things haven't change much.

If your 4 years exp is relevant, you should try to get in at 11 instead of 10, otherwise what's the pt of start from zero again? If its a real MAP in some bank or MNC then still got logic, Certis seems pointless.

My 2c.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2015, 12:27 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 24
bochng0001 is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks again for your valuable feedback.
I suppose I can still go for the interview etc; if they offer me a package that gives me a substantial pay rise (though unlikely), would it still be a worthwhile move?
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bochng0001 View Post
Thanks again for your valuable feedback.
I suppose I can still go for the interview etc; if they offer me a package that gives me a substantial pay rise (though unlikely), would it still be a worthwhile move?
Really depends on where you are coming from. If you are now in SME / GLC or some Asia company then I suppose if they can give youa big raise can consider. If you are already in a global MNC then my advice is to stay put. To get stuck with a small backward GLC so early in your career in the CV can limit future prospects, also their kind of culture probably very hard for you to adapt if you are used to typical European / US global culture.

How much you are drawing now and what is your expectation?
Reply With Quote

  #17 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

certis turnover for gen y very high. half of my dept left within a year and the rest are 2-3 years there. pay is so so, lower than civil service but better than some sunset industry like semicon, it, manufacturing etc. culture very red tape & everything base on rank. avp=ad in cs, so standard promotion for deg hires
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 24
bochng0001 is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm actually in a sort of GLC now, work life balance is very good. Drawing basic of 4.7k plus around 3 months of bonus, probably won't move if I draw less than 5.8k in my next job.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 23-10-2015, 03:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bochng0001 View Post
I'm actually in a sort of GLC now, work life balance is very good. Drawing basic of 4.7k plus around 3 months of bonus, probably won't move if I draw less than 5.8k in my next job.
If that's the case I suggest you tell the Certis HR upfront on the phone how much you want before coming down for any interview. I don't think they are looking at anywhere close to 5.8k for a grade 10 job. 5.8k sounds to me like high grade 11 or low grade 12. No point wasting both party time if expectations so different.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 23-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 84
villan is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If that's the case I suggest you tell the Certis HR upfront on the phone how much you want before coming down for any interview. I don't think they are looking at anywhere close to 5.8k for a grade 10 job. 5.8k sounds to me like high grade 11 or low grade 12. No point wasting both party time if expectations so different.
whats the range for grade 10?
whats the typical annual increment?
whats the typical timeframe to get "upgraded" ie. G10 to G11?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cisco

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any one working as APO in SATS or Cisco? luffyace Income and Jobs 2 06-05-2019 09:42 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,048 Replies, 1,527,718 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
789 Replies, 388,622 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
604 Replies, 479,213 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 4,489 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,175 Replies, 2,691,692 Views
Year end bonus for civil service ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
353 Replies, 73,108 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,001 Replies, 7,678,416 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,933 Replies, 650,104 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,875 Replies, 4,490,849 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
217 Replies, 82,884 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,331 Replies, 2,678,359 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,255 Replies, 1,539,730 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
674 Replies, 340,700 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
134 Replies, 140,703 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 33,293 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,545 Replies, 769,696 Views
Credit Suisse ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
154 Replies, 98,499 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
285 Replies, 162,354 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,951 Replies, 5,075,240 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
212 Replies, 176,100 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,260 Replies, 320,098 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,812 Replies, 2,169,585 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
845 Replies, 248,239 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
149 Replies, 197,723 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,412 Replies, 647,314 Views
Htx ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 2,391 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
295 Replies, 118,981 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
553 Replies, 324,611 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,074 Replies, 778,004 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
420 Replies, 407,049 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2