MAS for Mid Career Professionals - Page 217 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

MAS for Mid Career Professionals

Old 14-05-2024, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I take a leaf from both sides. While it is true that MAS will be around as long as Singapore is around, it doesnt mean that one cannot pick its flaws. Guys like u who are more pro this place and possibly likely one who says what your boss wants to hear, definitely will sing the praises of this place. The issue are those who grow a spine and dare to disagree w the boss, resulting in getting sideline,is why our guy here is saying sinking ship.

Tbh, it has a bad culture, whereby relationships come before facts first; if u have a good relationship w your boss, then only are you entitled to have your veiews heard. This is wrong really. What if your boss wants to do shady things? Would u still agree for the sake of your promotion? Or disagree? I believe the prevalent of the former is what leads to people perceiving this as a "sinking ship". Because yeah its almost rotten to the core already....
Fair comment but there are probably many organisations out there doing things this way i.e. folloe the boss. But MAS is ultimately linked to the leadership of this country ....he got the mandate thanks to all your votes so every level is just trying to follow his wishes and vision.

Organisation discipline is equally impt. We assume the top people are good because we elected the good people into powerful offices right?

Old 15-05-2024, 05:45 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Fair comment but there are probably many organisations out there doing things this way i.e. folloe the boss. But MAS is ultimately linked to the leadership of this country ....he got the mandate thanks to all your votes so every level is just trying to follow his wishes and vision.

Organisation discipline is equally impt. We assume the top people are good because we elected the good people into powerful offices right?
Ehh.. maybe you lack a clear understanding how civil service and public service works. As a lowest level farmer, I can tell you I not aware people actively considers the matters describe in your post due to simply too much work to complete everyday (and most low level work do not require consideration of matters beyond your organisation mandate)

Also don’t get the sense people think leaders are bad per se (you can check Glassdoor rating for ballpark, ceo got 98% anonymous approval hahaha), simply as most people interaction day to day are usually with the lower levels management, so if got issues usually that where it arise..

By the way this forum is to discuss salary, while culture is as important as salary package, I doubt you will find much interest in deep politics discussion as most people are more interest in basic bread butter issues that make or break work balance. Such as is my bosses making difficult for me to clear work? Are the peers I need to work with generally supportive or backbiters? Do the tech systems and digital infrastructure in place ease the efficiency and productivity of how I carry out my everyday work?

Old 15-05-2024, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
pretty sure hr is not watching this thread...drop so many hints here liao..
They prolly r, but maybe stalking quietly cos whether hr or corp comms, won’t they hv to get some form of clearance to put out any “public” comments. In the sense that to provide a balanced view of any situation, both sides have to be seen, but typically for any companies public statement, its focus on defending own pov.

Old 15-05-2024, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
they prolly r, but maybe stalking quietly cos whether hr or corp comms, won’t they hv to get some form of clearance to put out any “public” comments. In the sense that to provide a balanced view of any situation, both sides have to be seen, but typically for any companies public statement, its focus on defending own pov.
.................... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯......................
Old 16-05-2024, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I believe the prevalent of the former is what leads to people perceiving this as a "sinking ship". Because yeah its almost rotten to the core already....
I don't know anyone who perceives MAS a sinking ship.

Perhaps you are truly the bad apple here? Maybe do yourself a favour and leave? May work out better for you in the long run. No point getting so angry at work that you must come to the forums every day to vent. Sad.
Old 16-05-2024, 06:09 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I don't know anyone who perceives MAS a sinking ship.

Perhaps you are truly the bad apple here? Maybe do yourself a favour and leave? May work out better for you in the long run. No point getting so angry at work that you must come to the forums every day to vent. Sad.
Seem like two posters mention sinking ship. Well we dunno why they said that and I certainly don’t agree w sinking ship either, but comment has to be seen in context of the rest of post, which is not totally invalid. Talk to more people beyond your immediate groups and you will find different views; not everything is rosy for everyone in the same org, it is too simplistic to say all unhappy people are bad apples and should be forced out one way or other so the status quo we are used to can prevail.

My hope for MAS is that some day in the future, the better ones can improve whatever is lacking in corporate culture: psyche safety is one, and I see reluctance to onboard different views in the face of a more dominant opinion as another.

1, Co-create spaces where there can be candid, constructive dialogue between higher ups and staff, so any aggrieved employees can feel safe to be heard in real life. 2, Don’t be too quick to finger others as the ones who need change. Be willing to recognise your own blind spots and where you have contributed to the root of a wrong situation. 3, Top down, defensive approaches are not the way to go as they do nothing to build mutual respect.

Yes, probably this is no different from what other offices are like but I expected way far more of MAS. When the above utopian wishlist has materialised, it will naturally follow that people find less need to come to a forum to air views they can’t do so in the office.

Old 16-05-2024, 07:11 AM
Unregistered

Wink

Quote:
.................... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯......................
Thats no bang average art job, buddy, give you A+ for effort and creativity, wish you better chances for promotion next year! ——<3
Old 16-05-2024, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Thats no bang average art job, buddy, give you A+ for effort and creativity, wish you better chances for promotion next year! ——<3
No next year liao. Gona leave soon!
Old 16-05-2024, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
No next year liao. Gona leave soon!
Really arh? Do what? Industry or u found financial independence can retire early!
Old 16-05-2024, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Really arh? Do what? Industry or u found financial independence can retire early!
Gona run for ge!