Nparks - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Nparks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 26
boomZ is on a distinguished road
Default Nparks

Hi,

Anyone has worked in Nparks before?

Interested to find out about salary scale and working hours.

1) executive position

2) manager position

Age: 38
7 years of related experience (1,2)
Male singaporean
Local poly diploma, Private corespondence degree. (related training for above 1 & 2)
Last drawn $5000.00 (Manager post)

I checked govt website and seems they have more Managers then executives/officers.

Any advice is welcome. Also pls PM me if not convenient. Thanks a million.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2015, 03:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomZ View Post
Hi,

Anyone has worked in Nparks before?

Interested to find out about salary scale and working hours.

1) executive position

2) manager position

Age: 38
7 years of related experience (1,2)
Male singaporean
Local poly diploma, Private corespondence degree. (related training for above 1 & 2)
Last drawn $5000.00 (Manager post)

I checked govt website and seems they have more Managers then executives/officers.

Any advice is welcome. Also pls PM me if not convenient. Thanks a million.
Your age and experience is too senior to be Manager at NEA. Managers are either fresh degree grads in some departments or work ~2-3 years there since leaving school.

You should be applying for at least Senior Manger if not Assistant Director jobs.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2015, 04:51 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 26
boomZ is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Your age and experience is too senior to be Manager at NEA. Managers are either fresh degree grads in some departments or work ~2-3 years there since leaving school.

You should be applying for at least Senior Manger if not Assistant Director jobs.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But the concern that I read online is that HR/Hirers usually look for local Uni Grad. which is why I kinda seek advice here. But my education n training is definately related n not a general deg.

Hence I suppose that the HR will probly screen n place Local Grads over me if I apply for too senior position.

BTW, I am looking at Nparks. Not NEA.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomZ View Post
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But the concern that I read online is that HR/Hirers usually look for local Uni Grad. which is why I kinda seek advice here. But my education n training is definately related n not a general deg.

Hence I suppose that the HR will probly screen n place Local Grads over me if I apply for too senior position.

BTW, I am looking at Nparks. Not NEA.
I think NParks & NEA pay scale very similar.

The way it works is this, either they recognize your degree and pay your according to your experience as a Div 1 officer or they don't consider you degree grad and classify you as diploma Div 2 officer.

If they recognise, you won't get selected for Manager job because that's more for fresh degree grads.

If they don't recognise, you also won't get Manager job because they will evaluate your experience and pay as a Div 2 officer instead of Div 1.

Either way, it won't work for you.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

everyone there is a manager.
it is the default title for all degree holders, fresh graduate or not.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2015, 11:49 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 26
boomZ is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
everyone there is a manager.
it is the default title for all degree holders, fresh graduate or not.
In this case, any idea if they willing to recruit 'old hands' like me? I dun mind manager position as I like the jobscope actually lol... but i duno wat salary scale will they willing to pay me? I mean like wat the previous advice given here, they recruit alot of fresh grads. Meaning proly they dun mind fresh grads to join n learn on the job cos salary is entry level but old hands like me abit 'expensive'?
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomZ View Post
In this case, any idea if they willing to recruit 'old hands' like me? I dun mind manager position as I like the jobscope actually lol... but i duno wat salary scale will they willing to pay me? I mean like wat the previous advice given here, they recruit alot of fresh grads. Meaning proly they dun mind fresh grads to join n learn on the job cos salary is entry level but old hands like me abit 'expensive'?
no recognised degree no talk. thats how public sector works.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2015, 09:55 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 26
boomZ is on a distinguished road
Default

So then even local diploma applicants how much should I ask then? 7 years of related experience. Anyone working in Nparks can advice?
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2015, 11:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Fresh out of school diploma holders probably get $2,300 tops. I would say with your "years" of relevant experience, you would be very lucky to get $3,500, unless you got a damn solid track record and a portfolio of past accounts and clients to back up your ability.

Your correspondence degree, unless issued by a high-ranking university, is probably worth f***-all. You're probably better off staying in your current $5,000 job.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thats not true. There are people who gets recruited with general pte degree. Keep trying mate.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» 30 Recent Threads
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,746 Replies, 1,006,715 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
619 Replies, 315,799 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,211 Replies, 6,359,922 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
181 Replies, 221,929 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
882 Replies, 479,014 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,626 Replies, 4,833,266 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,725 Replies, 1,340,152 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,776 Replies, 4,563,560 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
609 Replies, 357,663 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,063 Replies, 2,233,279 Views
Graduate Employment Survey 2023...
0 Replies, 191 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,174 Replies, 3,311,329 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 9,038 Views
MOT (Ministry of Transport)
5 Replies, 5,527 Views
IBM salaries ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 7,599 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,745 Replies, 1,468,045 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,864 Replies, 10,158,702 Views
Jobs with travel opportunities
7 Replies, 3,608 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,960 Replies, 2,084,928 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
700 Replies, 520,043 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,262 Replies, 697,340 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,264 Replies, 735,570 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,235 Replies, 12,263,472 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,066 Replies, 3,665,294 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
275 Replies, 377,535 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,983 Replies, 4,498,604 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
413 Replies, 155,137 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,638 Replies, 1,487,710 Views
Salary ranges in Big Tech in...
0 Replies, 340 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2