Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Roles in accenture singapore

Old 19-04-2024, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
N******s S*** and C*******e L** right . The woman in office very time dress until like going fashion show
The woman prettyy or nt?

gt linkedin?

Old 19-04-2024, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
N******s S*** and C*******e L** right . The woman in office very time dress until like going fashion show
Ya doubt they still together

Old 19-04-2024, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
The woman prettyy or nt?

gt linkedin?
s://.linkedin.com/in/christinelow/

Old 19-04-2024, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Is it you’re more valued if you can talk or present well but can’t do amazing work vs someone who can do good work but maybe aren’t that great at presenting like getting the jitters when presenting?
Old 19-04-2024, 11:36 PM
JustATiredManager

Quote:
Is it you’re more valued if you can talk or present well but can’t do amazing work vs someone who can do good work but maybe aren’t that great at presenting like getting the jitters when presenting?
As a M3 who has worked with hundreds of analysts with different backgrounds, we try to evaluate analysts in broadly two areas - 1) Hard Skills and 2) Soft Skills

Hard Skills can be related to the experience/knowledge gained in a particular technological area (eg SAP, Workday, Data Migration, Functional Design, Client Deliverables, Design Thinking workshops, Change Management, etc).

Soft Skills have further broken in two parts 2a) Internal and 2b) External. 2a) How well you work with your team including your peers, across teams, etc. I have seen multiple managers vouching for an analyst citing actual examples where the analyst did something unexpected (in a good way). 2b) How well you work the Client. This becomes increasing important as you climb up the corporate ladder. For analysts, if you can hold sessions with users or the client without need much help from your lead, you are probably on the right track.

Overall, I’ve seen promoted analysts that are extremely strong in Hard Skills as their role does not require them to face the client much, but I’ve also promoted analysts that are extremely strong in managing the client (eg 3 months in, confidently presenting to hundreds of stakeholders (even up to Director level) and showing them how to improve their business processes with the to-be system design). Fyi these users collectively have centuries of industry experience. Both were fast tracked under the TAP Program but have left for other better opportunities.
Old 19-04-2024, 11:45 PM
JustATiredManager

Quote:
u r a fool if u think there's such a thing called "fasttrack"
It is real but rare, I was a fast track case myself. But it does take a lot to stand out from the rest (with sacrifices at times), and even better if you have a great supervisor and PL.

Old 20-04-2024, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustATiredManager View Post
As a M3 who has worked with hundreds of analysts with different backgrounds, we try to evaluate analysts in broadly two areas - 1) Hard Skills and 2) Soft Skills

Hard Skills can be related to the experience/knowledge gained in a particular technological area (eg SAP, Workday, Data Migration, Functional Design, Client Deliverables, Design Thinking workshops, Change Management, etc).

Soft Skills have further broken in two parts 2a) Internal and 2b) External. 2a) How well you work with your team including your peers, across teams, etc. I have seen multiple managers vouching for an analyst citing actual examples where the analyst did something unexpected (in a good way). 2b) How well you work the Client. This becomes increasing important as you climb up the corporate ladder. For analysts, if you can hold sessions with users or the client without need much help from your lead, you are probably on the right track.

Overall, I’ve seen promoted analysts that are extremely strong in Hard Skills as their role does not require them to face the client much, but I’ve also promoted analysts that are extremely strong in managing the client (eg 3 months in, confidently presenting to hundreds of stakeholders (even up to Director level) and showing them how to improve their business processes with the to-be system design). Fyi these users collectively have centuries of industry experience. Both were fast tracked under the TAP Program but have left for other better opportunities.

Thanks for this. Do you have any tips for those who are nervous about presenting? How to overcome the jitters and not present while reading off the slide. It may sound funny but even if the slides were prepared by myself and I had to present I’m naturally nervous so it may look like I’m unprepared for the presentation or just have bad presentation skills

Will doing more presentations more often improve this?
Old 20-04-2024, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustATiredManager View Post

What about analysts who have demonstrated both and still not fast track or even got their promotion delayed like last year?
Old 20-04-2024, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
What about analysts who have demonstrated both and still not fast track or even got their promotion delayed like last year?
Just bad luck loh.
Like some people born inside 2 room hdb, some people born inside landed house. What can you do?
Old 20-04-2024, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Ya doubt they still together
He’s married right he got ring on his ring finger