Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2024, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustATiredManager View Post
As a M3 who has worked with hundreds of analysts with different backgrounds, we try to evaluate analysts in broadly two areas - 1) Hard Skills and 2) Soft Skills

Hard Skills can be related to the experience/knowledge gained in a particular technological area (eg SAP, Workday, Data Migration, Functional Design, Client Deliverables, Design Thinking workshops, Change Management, etc).

Soft Skills have further broken in two parts 2a) Internal and 2b) External. 2a) How well you work with your team including your peers, across teams, etc. I have seen multiple managers vouching for an analyst citing actual examples where the analyst did something unexpected (in a good way). 2b) How well you work the Client. This becomes increasing important as you climb up the corporate ladder. For analysts, if you can hold sessions with users or the client without need much help from your lead, you are probably on the right track.

Overall, I’ve seen promoted analysts that are extremely strong in Hard Skills as their role does not require them to face the client much, but I’ve also promoted analysts that are extremely strong in managing the client (eg 3 months in, confidently presenting to hundreds of stakeholders (even up to Director level) and showing them how to improve their business processes with the to-be system design). Fyi these users collectively have centuries of industry experience. Both were fast tracked under the TAP Program but have left for other better opportunities.

Thanks for this. Do you have any tips for those who are nervous about presenting? How to overcome the jitters and not present while reading off the slide. It may sound funny but even if the slides were prepared by myself and I had to present I’m naturally nervous so it may look like I’m unprepared for the presentation or just have bad presentation skills

Will doing more presentations more often improve this?