Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 607 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #6061 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2024, 01:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They will only let u know what's the package after they got approval from senior management.

Usually there's not much room for negotiation, either u take it or leave it.
yup approval from snr mgmt is more or less final. any nego ahould be before hand

Reply With Quote
  #6062 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2024, 09:49 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

think this week CNY mood
HR/HC ppl all on leave

Reply With Quote
  #6063 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2024, 02:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

For temp positions (6 months contract) in a stat board, how fast should I expect to hear back from them? 1-2 weeks, or 1 month?

It was through a recruiter at a job agency, not directly from career@gov.

The reason why it's a half a year contract is because the staff wants to take no-pay leave. I'm not too sure if it's considered urgent hiring for them or not that could very well affect the speed of decision making in the hiring timeline.

Reply With Quote
  #6064 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2024, 10:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiwoon View Post
They finally replied to me, saying my salary package is pending approval. Is this usually the case where they mention they want to offer and ask you to wait, without saying the salary package?

Not saying I have an issue with it - its just weird for sure.
I dont really feel comfortable sharing the agency I applied for. But would defo keep you updated once I got an offer. But so far.. donít have leh. Thinking of withdrawing already.
Reply With Quote
  #6065 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2024, 10:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For temp positions (6 months contract) in a stat board, how fast should I expect to hear back from them? 1-2 weeks, or 1 month?

It was through a recruiter at a job agency, not directly from career@gov.

The reason why it's a half a year contract is because the staff wants to take no-pay leave. I'm not too sure if it's considered urgent hiring for them or not that could very well affect the speed of decision making in the hiring timeline.
u required to serve notice period or can start immediately?
usually ding dong a bit here and there to do admin clearance for u if u r selected
temp roles shd be pretty fast, within 1-2 weeks would be clear with decision

somemore now mostly on CNY holiday mood
and next week also shorter work week becos of the PH etc

wait bah
Reply With Quote
  #6066 (permalink)  
Old 17-02-2024, 05:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

looks like hiring pace slowing down again
Reply With Quote

  #6067 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2024, 11:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Enterprise SG MAP 2024

Applied for this end January...wondering if anyone heard back or has already been shortlisted for the case interview?
Reply With Quote
  #6068 (permalink)  
Old 24-02-2024, 04:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For temp positions (6 months contract) in a stat board, how fast should I expect to hear back from them? 1-2 weeks, or 1 month?

It was through a recruiter at a job agency, not directly from career@gov.

The reason why it's a half a year contract is because the staff wants to take no-pay leave. I'm not too sure if it's considered urgent hiring for them or not that could very well affect the speed of decision making in the hiring timeline.
Walao, I wrote in to enquire about the clearance process and to reiterate my interest for the role. They replied that they reviewed the need for temp staff and decided not to proceed with further recruitment.

WHAT THE.

It means that the work load of the staff going on NPL will be shared amongst the team members I supposed.

It's not like the dept has no budget to hire, and isn't it the custom for public sector to try to use up all their dept budget so that their budget for the following year will not get cut??! This move made by the hiring manager don't make any sense, nor does it align with the PS's unofficial narrative.

Why do you think the hiring manager will decide on this course of action?
Reply With Quote
  #6069 (permalink)  
Old 24-02-2024, 09:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Walao, I wrote in to enquire about the clearance process and to reiterate my interest for the role. They replied that they reviewed the need for temp staff and decided not to proceed with further recruitment.

WHAT THE.

It means that the work load of the staff going on NPL will be shared amongst the team members I supposed.

It's not like the dept has no budget to hire, and isn't it the custom for public sector to try to use up all their dept budget so that their budget for the following year will not get cut??! This move made by the hiring manager don't make any sense, nor does it align with the PS's unofficial narrative.

Why do you think the hiring manager will decide on this course of action?
possible reasons why they jitao u-turn right in front of your doorstep

1) hiring budget tio cut / temp head count kana freeze after the SB/Ministry review the bloated headcount...unless the SB u aiming is what I am tikaming Govt Tech/IMDA/etc

2) dept budget not just only use for hiring folks leh...

3) PS unofficial narrative? it also well be PS cascade the u-turn down to the SB to freeze after unsuccessful search?
Reply With Quote
  #6070 (permalink)  
Old 25-02-2024, 04:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
possible reasons why they jitao u-turn right in front of your doorstep

1) hiring budget tio cut / temp head count kana freeze after the SB/Ministry review the bloated headcount...unless the SB u aiming is what I am tikaming Govt Tech/IMDA/etc

2) dept budget not just only use for hiring folks leh...

3) PS unofficial narrative? it also well be PS cascade the u-turn down to the SB to freeze after unsuccessful search?
1, The role is not an additional headcount that demands higher expenditure. The SB is NOT paying the existing staff for going on NPL. Plus the position is a junior role. I don't think it's budget cut. The team only comprise of 10 pple including the directors, so how bloated can it be?

No, it's not any of the tech related SB you mentioned. But a stat board under MCI that is not IMDA.

2, What other stuff do they spend it on?

3, Unsuccessful search? When I went for the interview end Jan I was informed that I would not be able to start immediately as security clearance would take 3 weeks to process. Both my career coach and I thought that was a good sign coming from the hiring managers. I really believe that I stand a good chance securing the temp job leh.

Strangely, despite informing me of the clearance process, they did not ask me to fill in any forms, or G50 form to initiate the clearance. I was wondering how the heck does govt track my background when I did not furnish any details of my family members to the hiring managers. Good thing I check in with them, if not I'll still be in the dark.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 12 18-04-2024 09:11 PM
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,779 Replies, 2,296,746 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,347 Replies, 1,165,696 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
416 Replies, 501,568 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,035 Replies, 5,103,805 Views
Julius Baer Graduate Program 2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 16,752 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,440 Replies, 12,596,240 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,670 Replies, 2,388,821 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,768 Replies, 1,517,899 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,811 Replies, 1,577,886 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,199 Replies, 6,842,572 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,025 Replies, 1,086,715 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,152 Replies, 10,466,114 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,901 Replies, 4,727,435 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,346 Replies, 3,462,785 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
742 Replies, 413,977 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,489 Replies, 806,248 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,816 Replies, 1,446,100 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,155 Replies, 3,800,742 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 20,085 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
825 Replies, 388,807 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,282 Replies, 637,949 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
323 Replies, 327,717 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,503 Replies, 1,402,315 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 83,103 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,057 Replies, 451,891 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
279 Replies, 393,210 Views
Any Ministry or Statboard still... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 12,578 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 77,907 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
722 Replies, 554,088 Views
Private Banking Salaries ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 139,098 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2