Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 24-02-2024, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Walao, I wrote in to enquire about the clearance process and to reiterate my interest for the role. They replied that they reviewed the need for temp staff and decided not to proceed with further recruitment.

WHAT THE.

It means that the work load of the staff going on NPL will be shared amongst the team members I supposed.

It's not like the dept has no budget to hire, and isn't it the custom for public sector to try to use up all their dept budget so that their budget for the following year will not get cut??! This move made by the hiring manager don't make any sense, nor does it align with the PS's unofficial narrative.

Why do you think the hiring manager will decide on this course of action?
possible reasons why they jitao u-turn right in front of your doorstep

1) hiring budget tio cut / temp head count kana freeze after the SB/Ministry review the bloated headcount...unless the SB u aiming is what I am tikaming Govt Tech/IMDA/etc

2) dept budget not just only use for hiring folks leh...

3) PS unofficial narrative? it also well be PS cascade the u-turn down to the SB to freeze after unsuccessful search?