MAS for Mid Career Professionals - Page 231 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

MAS for Mid Career Professionals

Old 24-06-2024, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is your workload a lot? If you can pang gang at 6pm most of the time, I say no need to be too fixed on the figure. Slightly above or below 10k, the take home will not be much diff. The more they pay you the more they will expect.

Not saying it’s ok to be lowball, but title and salary is a lot about ego than whether u really need that extra cash. Many AD I know work their a** off hoping to be DD only to find it’s not such a huge deal after they are finally promoted. Look at staff directory these days every other person is a DD.
Precisely everyone is a DD so that means everyone around me minimally get 10k and above while I am not.

Old 24-06-2024, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Precisely everyone is a DD so that means everyone around me minimally get 10k and above while I am not.
Earlier didn’t one post reply u that not all DD minimally get 10k and above? There may also be pay difference between DD who work their way up from TO (so their salary as AD2 may already be close to or overlap with base of DD1, not to mention they may be deemed to already have the relevant skill sets) versus new hire from outside.

I don’t think HR can suka suka lowball u. I believe they usually make salary offer after pegging to others in the organisation with similar skills or experience, then seek approval from group head of where the new hire will be placed. Above input is what I think and tiagong only.

Old 24-06-2024, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
What’s worse is their ROs are listening to it and agree that these people are better and that’s where others get the fall while they get the spot light. I am losing morale at work already.
Such behaviour is byproduct of competitive culture due to limited management spots, for those who desire to climb. But the presence of humble leaders in senior management, whose actions are consistent with words, leave me heartened that oneupmanship is not a prerequisite to promotion.

I look forward to MAS becoming a microcosm of the society PM spoke of over the weekend that “allows space for u-turns, side steps, slowdowns, pauses, experimentations and outliers”. Presently I don’t think this is always the case due to the frenetic pace of work and other factors.

Old 24-06-2024, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Either u leave or suck it up lor. The people here can write and talk very well. They will just downplay any unfairness end up become your fault for complaining.
Old 25-06-2024, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Oops.. so where are you now? Planning to run back to MAS? :P

Were you from bank/FI before joining MAS, or you were in MAS all the way since grad.
I was from insurance before joining MAS. Wish I can come back to MAS but hear only got contract roles. I go another stat board lor, totally unrelated.
Old 25-06-2024, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I was from insurance before joining MAS. Wish I can come back to MAS but hear only got contract roles. I go another stat board lor, totally unrelated.
Is the probation also 6 months and have you passed it?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Old 25-06-2024, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Such behaviour is byproduct of competitive culture due to limited management spots, for those who desire to climb. But the presence of humble leaders in senior management, whose actions are consistent with words, leave me heartened that oneupmanship is not a prerequisite to promotion.

I look forward to MAS becoming a microcosm of the society PM spoke of over the weekend that “allows space for u-turns, side steps, slowdowns, pauses, experimentations and outliers”. Presently I don’t think this is always the case due to the frenetic pace of work and other factors.
Society that PM spoke of? Tough..... If people have the heart to do so, there wouldn't t be complaints of bad culture here already. I believe in U turns when people who transfer/leave can come back...
Old 25-06-2024, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Society that PM spoke of? Tough..... If people have the heart to do so, there wouldn't t be complaints of bad culture here already. I believe in U turns when people who transfer/leave can come back...
Transfer? Like to where. Internal transfer/rotate to other dept is not consider leave, and the new dept may benefit their career trajectory

There are people who u turn back to MAS after they find outside too tough. Good for them. But you cannot assume everyone who left want to come back. Like bad romance, once decided k!ss goodbye wish each other well and don’t look back!
Old 26-06-2024, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
In case you haven’t realised, MAS thread is quite “guai” relative to other threads on this forum, in that people don’t really name or identify others here. So suggest you don’t do so, cos you never know how they might react.

Anyway, from your previous post, you are not the one being scolded or spoken loudly to, if anything to complain, it should be for that guy she was allegedly scolding or speaking loudly to to do right?

I don’t know who she is but you gain nothing from trying to out her… anyway from what I know (my own experience and what other colleagues have told me), some of the “old school” MAS folks can be quite “teruk” (fierce) when scolding people in terms of the tone and volume of their voice, including towards their own staff… so I won’t be surprised if no one bats an eyelid or even find some fault that justified the scolding… ha ha ha…
Why so scared? People dare to scold or shame others in public, then such people deserves to be discussed by the public. It's just simply asking for it. I guess that person probably wouldn't mind.
Old 26-06-2024, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Why so scared? People dare to scold or shame others in public, then such people deserves to be discussed by the public. It's just simply asking for it. I guess that person probably wouldn't mind.
Not abt scared. We are not the person who saw her or the person being scolded, so we don’t know exactly what happen, not really our business to “chap”.

Like another poster mention, not that uncommon to be spoken to very loudly by your own boss in open office regardless of who is around listening. I experienced it myself and also heard others who experienced it. Maybe this lady thought it’s acceptable ‘cause she saw others doing it in the office. So let’s give this IT lady benefit of doubt. If she is really that bad, her own colleagues will out her irl.