Career as Teacher - Page 1138 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Career as Teacher

Old 15-05-2024, 04:55 PM

JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher is on a distinguished road

I am a teacher, I won't hide behind anonymity.

But bearing in mind that not all posts here are made by teachers, and not all teachers will post here either. These comments do not represent the sentiments of the entire fraternity. I would like to urge for the discussion to get back on a more civil track. We can have disagreements and proceed with discourse, but I'm sure we can do it better.

Stereotyping of any jobs, including Teachers/KPs/SLs will definitely attract a lot of discussion. It is not a good way to proceed with discourse though.

Similarly, negative words like 'rubbish' or words intending to put people down, are also not useful.

Scrolling through the past few pages or so, there's nothing concrete discussed. Just people trying to rile each other.

So let's move on and talk about things that matter. And ignore any put-down posts that are biased and unproductive.

Old 15-05-2024, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Excuse me u think u teaching pri sch kids ah lollllll
Teaching is a lousy job that attracts below avg ppl who were once CMI students haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher View Post

But bearing in mind that not all posts here are made by teachers, and not all teachers will post here either. These comments do not represent the sentiments of the entire fraternity. I would like to urge for the discussion to get back on a more civil track. We can have disagreements and proceed with discourse, but I'm sure we can do it better.

Stereotyping of any jobs, including Teachers/KPs/SLs will definitely attract a lot of discussion. It is not a good way to proceed with discourse though.

Similarly, negative words like 'rubbish' or words intending to put people down, are also not useful.

Scrolling through the past few pages or so, there's nothing concrete discussed. Just people trying to rile each other.

So let's move on and talk about things that matter. And ignore any put-down posts that are biased and unproductive.

Old 15-05-2024, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher View Post

couldn't agree more. let's start ignoring those posts.

Old 15-05-2024, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
any advice on the new epms? like how is it different?
i think this got lost in the mix. let me help to bump it up. But I'm not a teacher so if any teachers with constructive info pls ans this.
Old 15-05-2024, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
i think this got lost in the mix. let me help to bump it up. But I'm not a teacher so if any teachers with constructive info pls ans this.
Don’t worry about it. Heard it’ll only come into effect from 2026. Basically we need to be more explicit in marketing ourselves and aspirations more.
Old 15-05-2024, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
any advice on the new epms? like how is it different?
I think just read up more about TGM. It's basically tying in with those STP stuff that you have learnt in NIE or in service. Also got more avenues to note down your contributions rather than just T&L and projects.

Old 16-05-2024, 07:54 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
It is meant to better assess teacher performance and guide their improvement.

It is always important to project a positive and constructive attitude.

There should also be a strong drive to learn.

The learning should not be confined to pedagogies but
extend to technology and psychology.
Old 16-05-2024, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

Default Funny

It is a very interesting experience for the students to come here and see such remarks made by teachers and adults. So, that's how the elders behave. Truly slothful
Old 16-05-2024, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Hi

I don't see a lot of constructive, productive, non-biased discussion for the past many pages.

Some people are asking questions without doing any initiative and end up being called for asking for spoonfeeding in which I do agree.

Instead of a scenario based or specific criteria to the question itself, I failed to see the productiveness in the discussion.

Talking about salary increment range and end up comparing to the peers?

The SL and HODs are being appointed by respectable higherups and they deserve the position. Other may dislike their choices or trains of thoughts but do you ever think from their perspective on why they insist on taking such action?

There is a possibility of SL / HOD lost the passion / pride towards work. Then, raise it up to address the concern, (put more effort or get a replacement if are deemed unsuited for the role). Of course, provided that the staffs have the guts to raise the concern.

If are not happy, then change school or quit the industry and join somewhere else. Civil servants are very rare to get retrenchment. So, the rice bowl is stable amidst the workload and work environment.

People has expectations towards civil servants. There was a post someone mentioning that it is a Singapore culture to pawn each other but that is irrelevant. You are getting into civil servant job and intend to bring this culture as well?

Feel free to ignore this post if you think it is biased.
Old 16-05-2024, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
It is a very interesting experience for the students to come here and see such remarks made by teachers and adults. So, that's how the elders behave. Truly slothful
actually I think those making remarks are all not elders. most should be recent grads. meaning they were recent students too. You yourself are also probably recent grad or non-veteran. Veterans that I know don't visit such sites. So don't think the 'elders' are relevant here.

It's more of our gen (199x to early 2000s) that are visiting this forum. So there you have it. I can admit our generation is like that. Lambasting each other. Step on people.

Sadly it seems like most of us are like that. Like you, adding that slothful, just for the sake of injecting more negativity. Like.. Ok lor..