Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2024, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Hi

I don't see a lot of constructive, productive, non-biased discussion for the past many pages.

Some people are asking questions without doing any initiative and end up being called for asking for spoonfeeding in which I do agree.

Instead of a scenario based or specific criteria to the question itself, I failed to see the productiveness in the discussion.

Talking about salary increment range and end up comparing to the peers?

The SL and HODs are being appointed by respectable higherups and they deserve the position. Other may dislike their choices or trains of thoughts but do you ever think from their perspective on why they insist on taking such action?

There is a possibility of SL / HOD lost the passion / pride towards work. Then, raise it up to address the concern, (put more effort or get a replacement if are deemed unsuited for the role). Of course, provided that the staffs have the guts to raise the concern.

If are not happy, then change school or quit the industry and join somewhere else. Civil servants are very rare to get retrenchment. So, the rice bowl is stable amidst the workload and work environment.

People has expectations towards civil servants. There was a post someone mentioning that it is a Singapore culture to pawn each other but that is irrelevant. You are getting into civil servant job and intend to bring this culture as well?

Feel free to ignore this post if you think it is biased.