Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Old 21-03-2022, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actly I have to agree with the previous poster. We’re not surgeons nor doctors, what emergencies are there that need us to die die attend to immediately. It’s not like if we are not able to meet the deadline the whole world will collapse and die. It’s more like people like you who are dying to por your superiors which resulted in a toxic work culture that no one will stay in there for long.
Lol ya funny sia what fight fire emergency. Don't even talk about doctors, or lawyers must go court next day to stop drug trafficker execution. Even investment banker has more reason to OT to close a time sensitive deal.

There is absolutely zero reason for audit to have some fire must fight over night or weekend. It is simply down to poor middle management

Old 21-03-2022, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Intern KPMG or EY: Advice??

First ever (relevant) internship

EY General Audit vs KPMG Digital Trust (IT audit)

Feel like I must do at least one audit internship ASAP bc it's like something every accounting student has to do at some point and so I can take audit mod (seniors recommended to do audit/compliance internship before taking it). Applied for digital trust bc I thought risk management was very cool at the time but now I'm not sure bc I've heard internal controls (basically what it is) is a bit...dead-end???

Other factors:
-Impression from both hearsay (esp this forum lol) and the interview is that the vibes at KPMG are much nicer, esp if the people interviewing are the same people I will work with
-KPMG said there might be some data analytics stuff but I doubt it will be much since I'm just an intern

Any advice? Or does it not matter since it's my first internship???

Old 21-03-2022, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Feel like I must do at least one audit internship ASAP bc it's like something every accounting student has to do at some point and so I can take audit mod (seniors recommended to do audit/compliance internship before taking it). Applied for digital trust bc I thought risk management was very cool at the time but now I'm not sure bc I've heard internal controls (basically what it is) is a bit...dead-end???

Other factors:
-Impression from both hearsay (esp this forum lol) and the interview is that the vibes at KPMG are much nicer, esp if the people interviewing are the same people I will work with
-KPMG said there might be some data analytics stuff but I doubt it will be much since I'm just an intern

The EY GA internship would be better as your first internship. After that, you can try other areas which you may be interested in.

Old 21-03-2022, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Other factors:

Which school? Check with your career services or faculty, if the IT audit will satisfy the internship requirement. There could be some internship requirement to clear if you are an accounting undergraduate.

If the IT audit will clear the requirement, then just go for it and try if it is something you will like.

Don't need to waste time on audit internships. It is basic and does not show you the actual audit work environment. It doesn't take an actual internship to imagine what audit is like, and it is super easy to secure a full time offer for audit. So don't need to spend your summer on it. I didn't do a single audit internship in my time. Nus acc grad here
Old 21-03-2022, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Other factors:

Hello fellow junior,

I have interned in both roles you have mentioned. Depending on whether you are a number-kind of person, because when doing an audit internship, of course you need to have some form of basic excel skills on hand, if not you are going to have a hard time. Audit is all about tieing the numbers here there and everywhere (not kidding).

As for digital trust, it mostly deals with internal controls (eg. testing on application controls and their IT policies), reviewing regulations on tech, which are more on the reporting side. Culture wise, no doubt that blue is better.

Oh yes, working hours are slightly varied as well as I don't OT much in digital trust and compared to audit internship.

Lastly, you would want to ask yourself whether you want to dive in as audit associate or other advisory roles in big 4 once you graduate? Because I knew audit wasn't for me when i interned, so i leveraged on the digital trust experience that i had that led to getting into other functions in big 4 as my full-time role.

Hope this helps!

Old 21-03-2022, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hello fellow junior,

I have interned in both roles you have mentioned. Depending on whether you are a number-kind of person, because when doing an audit internship, of course you need to have some form of basic excel skills on hand, if not you are going to have a hard time. Audit is all about tieing the numbers here there and everywhere (not kidding).

As for digital trust, it mostly deals with internal controls (eg. testing on application controls and their IT policies), reviewing regulations on tech, which are more on the reporting side. Culture wise, no doubt that blue is better.

Oh yes, working hours are slightly varied as well as I don't OT much in digital trust and compared to audit internship.

Lastly, you would want to ask yourself whether you want to dive in as audit associate or other advisory roles in big 4 once you graduate? Because I knew audit wasn't for me when i interned, so i leveraged on the digital trust experience that i had that led to getting into other functions in big 4 as my full-time role.

Hope this helps!
Can teach me how to land a job in big4 anot. Cpa and atp here. No ppl want hire me or offer always low ball me.
Old 21-03-2022, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Can teach me how to land a job in big4 anot. Cpa and atp here. No ppl want hire me or offer always low ball me.
theres no such thing as low ball . its either you take it or leave it
Old 21-03-2022, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
sounds like CSB. maybe change your nationality to Malaysian?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 22-03-2022, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

Should I choose blue which has better culture but less pay or yellow which has shitter culture but higher pay?