Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2022, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
First ever (relevant) internship

EY General Audit vs KPMG Digital Trust (IT audit)

Feel like I must do at least one audit internship ASAP bc it's like something every accounting student has to do at some point and so I can take audit mod (seniors recommended to do audit/compliance internship before taking it). Applied for digital trust bc I thought risk management was very cool at the time but now I'm not sure bc I've heard internal controls (basically what it is) is a bit...dead-end???

Other factors:
-Impression from both hearsay (esp this forum lol) and the interview is that the vibes at KPMG are much nicer, esp if the people interviewing are the same people I will work with
-KPMG said there might be some data analytics stuff but I doubt it will be much since I'm just an intern

Any advice? Or does it not matter since it's my first internship???
Which school? Check with your career services or faculty, if the IT audit will satisfy the internship requirement. There could be some internship requirement to clear if you are an accounting undergraduate.

If the IT audit will clear the requirement, then just go for it and try if it is something you will like.

Don't need to waste time on audit internships. It is basic and does not show you the actual audit work environment. It doesn't take an actual internship to imagine what audit is like, and it is super easy to secure a full time offer for audit. So don't need to spend your summer on it. I didn't do a single audit internship in my time. Nus acc grad here