Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Top 100 jobs in Singapore (2007)

Old 05-07-2008, 05:17 PM
windwaver---

Default 2106

ronaldo Says:

December 3rd, 2007 at 7:54 pm
$ 4, 000 a month for client service manager at 29 years old is pretty low rite? or good pay? position is in media agency.. thanks! anyone pls help reply..?

ronaldo Says:

April 7th, 2008 at 10:07 pm
if Professors in N.U.S earns 50k a month, then the average pay of a middle income earner in Singapore would be S$10k. Pigs can fly over the moon. Professors locally are the most stingy and thrifty professionals in SIngapore we know.

ronaldo Says:

February 13th, 2008 at 8:59 pm
Hi David Seah & Admin,

I just joined as Media Director and i am 28 years old. My experience is in media, advertising & marketing. I was actually headhunted for this position.

My pay is S$9,500 BASIC ,excluding entertainment, transport, handphone etc other allowances that is claimable.

My two other pals are in Advertising agencies as Account Directors and they are paid about S$8-9 k BASIC with the same claimable perks. They are only about 27 years old.

Admin, are these pay fair market value to us??

Thanks!

Cheers!
Ron

ronaldo Says:

April 7th, 2008 at 10:15 pm
i have a pal who is 27 years old this year and he's earning S$12k as an Account Director in established ad agency firm. JWT or Satchi & S i think.

I am a Media Director, my pay was S$9.5k basic. Within 2 months, I got confirmed way before my probation, promoted to Sales Director too and got commission/bonus element to my pay. Now I'm getting S$12k BASIC pay, excluding commission/bonus. I am only 28 years old this year.

I consider my pay average. Because my aim is S$15k as basic only, excluding everything else.

Admin, is this fair? Thanks!
Ron

ronaldo Says:

April 7th, 2008 at 10:07 pm
if Professors in N.U.S earns 50k a month, then the average pay of a middle income earner in Singapore would be S$10k. Pigs can fly over the moon. Professors locally are the most stingy and thrifty professionals in SIngapore we know.

ronaldo Says:

April 12th, 2008 at 12:23 pm
Orbit:

The reason why my pay is such because i can contribute back much more value than the amount they pay me. And also because I can genearte back so much new business. Most importantly, I am good enough.

These are the reasons. All my friends I hang out with all earns S$9K & above, and some are earning 12K above- and we are all around 27 years to max 31 years old..

I am not boasting, just stating the fact..

cheers!

ronaldo Says:

April 12th, 2008 at 12:25 pm
Oh you guys can consider us high flyers if u like..

but i consider us ordinary..

ronaldo Says:

April 13th, 2008 at 3:20 pm
lawyerguy, may i ask how old are you?

ronaldo Says:

April 18th, 2008 at 5:23 pm
WMF :
"Someone who hits good profits typically gets back more than 10-20k per month.

"

This is not true generally. Recruitment consultants dont even smell S$7K and above in gross. Mind you.. they cnt even get S$7K and above.. They are usually entry level or admin/data administration jobs they do.

Iam not disrespecting such professions, but the ugly truth is such.

Ron

ronaldo Says:
April 27th, 2008 at 2:01 pm

If people thinks I'm good, I have no problem with that. If people wants to worship me, I'm fine with that too.

David Seah, if you think I'm GOD and worships me like a GOD, I have no problem with that too.

Cheerios

ronaldo Says:

May 6th, 2008 at 2:07 pm
Hey Question,

Pls read up on the industry specs before you ask silly retard questions. Modeling industry and media advertising industry are totally different. Dont ask me those questions, go ask someone in that trade.

It's like me asking a fishmonger selling fish in a wet market, how much it costs to learn fly fishing or deep sea fishing from him.

You get my point??

ronaldo Says:

May 21st, 2008 at 10:04 pm
Don't get me wrong I have no intentions to " blast" anyone here and I have definitely didn't put anyone down on purpose. I have no malice here but I am stating my truth. If no one believes me, so be it. If people believes me, I also don't really care too. Just as long as my pay check reaches my bank account every month end , I am happy becos I can carry on my spendings and savings.

I didn't say my salary in excess of 12K is great. I just felt its fairly sizable. David, there are definitely merits for being corporate jet pilot as maybe you can get a fatter paycheck. But as the rewards are good, you have a heavy risks too. You can fly and soar the skies like a bird but you can crash like there's no tomorrow too.

Btw I don't have to work late nights as you might have suggested. I usually knock off as I fancy normally 5-6ish pm. Though I am in media, but I control my time well and delegate things FYA properly. More importantly, i make the final decisions.

Good luck to flying the skies, just make sure you don't crash

Cheers!
Ron

ronaldo Says:

May 21st, 2008 at 10:22 pm
witty -

industrial designers dont fall in media agencies, they should be more in creative or interative design agencies. Being in pure creative/interactive agency is entirely different from media planning agency. Sorry i'm not sure about ID.

As for being headhunted, you can maybe direct your question to David Seah. He's a corporate jet pilot and making a cool high 6 figures annual income is all he care. Considering him being a pilot, he have to be guaranteed a higher package than me, though I also make a 6 figures annual income. But i think 6 figures annual income is no big ****.

Ron

ronaldo Says:

May 26th, 2008 at 8:44 pm
BTW if i tell you his monthly income of my friend who owns the yacht is from SGD$150,000 A MONTH being a life planner at Great Eastern and all this income is excluding his revenue from yachts and ships yet. Do you believe? Haha..

I can ask him to show you his bank account David Seah. So stop boasting about yourself earning $3 mill in 3 years. You are not that fantastic at your age of 30s.

Im tired of your whining and bitching. Believe it or not up to you. My pocket is full of cash is all i know. I only own 2 credit cards but the rest of my wallet is bulging with cash.

ronaldo Says:

June 5th, 2008 at 11:23 pm
I dont really care what other people think of me nor does most of my other pals..

I am fairly contented with my benefits, pay etc and I think I am reasonable enough. If any of you think I am a jerk etc, most probably you are less paid/ lowly paid and lack of ambition in life.

Frankly, i dont give a damn really what other people think of me.. as long as I think I am good enough is what matters most to me..

At 28 and getting 12k and I can get what i need and desire in life is the only thing that truly matters to me.

Cheerios!

ronaldo Says:

June 9th, 2008 at 12:37 pm
Hi Jin,

if you want to know more, i can get you in touch with my pal who is in Great Eastern. He makes at least 4 times more than me.

Thanks!
Ron

ronaldo Says:

June 15th, 2008 at 10:40 pm
lucky guy, nice to know you earned very high package when you were late twenties. an achievement no doubt.

W - great to know you are that "rich".. cheers to you.. but you dont own anyone.. much less me.. becos though i have a cap to my basic but my bonuses and commissions are uncapped as are my benefits.. and i own my time and i dont report to no one in my company becos i have total flexibility.. good luck to ur studies, its no use studying very much becos qualifications alone dont determine how much you will earn.. for your info i have double masters degree and first class honors degree.. but my salary is not purely determined by that but more importantly my performance.. so no matter what you are studying now.. its no big deal to me.

-Thanks for your congrats Chinaman.. im fairly happy with my benefits etc now..

A summary to a guy who ask, contradicts himself and is showing off

Old 05-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Howcome---

Default 2108

Windwaver, just curious--you spent so much time for going through ronaldo's posts and even looking for contradictions etc. for what ah?

Old 06-07-2008, 11:04 AM
DP---

Default 2113

To windwaver, Howcome is right to say that we've all fallen into the trap of wasting too much time on this hopeless Ronaldo fella. Just to sum up before we close this last bit on him la..

From what you see, we are dealing with a highly insecure guy who keeps asking for reassurances of his 'newfound wealth' but the irony is that the more he boasts, the more people look down on him. He's found himself many more detractors than supporters (hardly any for the matter)

It is also futile to talk any sense to an irrational and incoherent person, who can't even figure out if he's 27 or 28. If somebody wants to argue with you that the sun sets in the east, what can you do? [I remember a quote from someone- if you do not know, I can teach you, if you are stupid, I can't help you. Obviously, our friend here belongs to the latter].

Whatever it is, there's no business of cursing about others' industries and their job hazards. If the airline industry were to fail, all the rest of us would not be any much better, and I'm very certain the media sales business would be affected in a big way too.

And a practical note, S'pore is a very small market and the word gets around. There's a chance somebody would find out who he is and...good luck

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 08-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Ronaldo---

Default 2136

windwaver, DP and david seah, all of you are just cheap thrills.. scratching your imaginations for all the fun, laughter peace and joy in the world..
Old 09-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Jayeeta---

Default 2141

I am a Sun Certified Java/J2EE Developer from India having total 3 yrs of experience. I have been approached for a permanent job in an IT firm in Singapore. Can you please guide me as to how much can I expect as my annual salary in SG$ ? Can I get any edge in salary being a certified professional ?
Old 11-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Do Trong Duong---

Default 2161

I am construction Engineer from Viet Nam having total 8 years of experience. I have approached for a permanent job in a construction Engineer in Singapore. Can you please guide me how much can I expect as my annual salary in SGD?

Old 12-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Builder---

Default 2170

I am a 34 year old American consultant with a doctorate. I am negotiating a position in SG but have no idea what I should be asking for. I have done a great deal of research but am still nervous. The pay is negotiated in .S. but is to be paid in SG currency. From what I gather, it is a good annual salary $150K U.S. or $195K SG (16,250 monthly)But they keep asking is that "all inclusive." What else should I be considering or asking for? What else could be "inclusive"? Also, would this allow me to live comfortably in a nice area in SG?

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 13-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Allowances---

Default 2172

@Builder, ask for housing allowance, car allowance and the like. Without knowing your experience, I can only say your offer is fair. Assuming you're coming alone, you'll be comfortable but not extravagant. Nice area - possible.
Old 13-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Howcome---

Default 2173

@Jayeeta: my guess would be around 50k, although there will be variations depending on how good you are, and what company you're joining.
Old 14-07-2008, 11:35 AM
anonymous---

Default 2176

Builder - you should check what "all inclusive" really means, the most important thing being whether they are willing to pay your US tax. Generally, the rule of the thumb is that if they are paying you in SGD and you are paying Singapore taxes, they should cover your US tax.

Remember there is no tax treaty between Singapore and the US, so you still have to pay taxes to Uncle Sam for income earned above US$82K.