Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Roles in accenture singapore

Old 08-04-2022, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi, I am in acn coming 3years and my salary is not even close to 7k yet. Now trying to exit out to better salary. I believe im getting severely underpaid despite sacrificing so much for the company.

Putting in long long hours (I remember working for 4 consecutive weekends because of the covid disruption to our big project). I am okay with the former, but with due credit and recognition. In the end, what did I get? A false-promise promotion which did not materialise, but merely a townhall shoutout (uwu, employee award ftw!!!!) I over-delivered as a result of my OT to ensure we meet the project timeline, but was greeted with f***ed up promotion lie and useless employee award (akin to sgporeans clapping for nurse)

acn people bar the mgr & snr mgr are nice people to work with, its just the work doesn't measure up to any meaningful outcome and personal growth (doing useless stuff for client that i felt sometimes were 0 value add and i learn nothing useful... I realised I am better off joining other firms like shopee & grab. These companies work like dog but has meaningful personal growth
What this ACN employee shared is really rather accurate, once you’re in, you will start to understand what the ot rate is like here and what everyone is saying. If you are not in, you will think that we are just overreacting to the ot or the work required.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Really funny all these strawberry fresh grads.
Want high pay, also want work life balance don’t wan to OT.
Really jokes, nowadays all the above 4k jobs where got no OT one. You want WLB no OT go find those HR/ admin executive jobs. 2.6k/ mth. Sure no need OT. 530pm zhun zhun pack bag go home.
Agreed bro. 10 years ago I graduate from NUS. Starting pay only 3.2k? Also need to everyday OT. Nowadays youngster still hiam 4k starting too little. KPKB wan WLB. Really a joke. No wonder getting replaced by FTs and become grabfood riders/ grab drivers at 30s

Old 08-04-2022, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Agreed bro. 10 years ago I graduate from NUS. Starting pay only 3.2k? Also need to everyday OT. Nowadays youngster still hiam 4k starting too little. KPKB wan WLB. Really a joke. No wonder getting replaced by FTs and become grabfood riders/ grab drivers at 30s
Agreed bro. 5 years ago I also graduate from NUS. Starting pay also 3.6k and everyday also need OT. Nowadays, people come forum duno how to read still hiam fresh grad say 4K starting too little. KBKP when refuted. Really a joke. No wonder ownself reply ownself supporting post

Old 08-04-2022, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hi, I am in acn coming 3years and my salary is not even close to 7k yet. Now trying to exit out to better salary. I believe im getting severely underpaid despite sacrificing so much for the company.

Putting in long long hours (I remember working for 4 consecutive weekends because of the covid disruption to our big project). I am okay with the former, but with due credit and recognition. In the end, what did I get? A false-promise promotion which did not materialise, but merely a townhall shoutout (uwu, employee award ftw!!!!) I over-delivered as a result of my OT to ensure we meet the project timeline, but was greeted with f***ed up promotion lie and useless employee award (akin to sgporeans clapping for nurse)

acn people bar the mgr & snr mgr are nice people to work with, its just the work doesn't measure up to any meaningful outcome and personal growth (doing useless stuff for client that i felt sometimes were 0 value add and i learn nothing useful... I realised I am better off joining other firms like shopee & grab. These companies work like dog but has meaningful personal growth
Was the promotion for lvl 9?
Old 08-04-2022, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Agreed bro. 5 years ago I also graduate from NUS. Starting pay also 3.6k and everyday also need OT. Nowadays, people come forum duno how to read still hiam fresh grad say 4K starting too little. KBKP when refuted. Really a joke. No wonder ownself reply ownself supporting post
Agreed bro. 2 years ago I also graduate from NUS. Starting pay also 3.8k and everyday also need OT. Nowadays, people come forum duno how to read still hiam fresh grad say 4K starting too little. KBKP when refuted. Really a joke. No wonder ownself reply ownself supporting post
Old 08-04-2022, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Was the promotion for lvl 9?
Before this TAP 1+ 2 yrs fast track thing. People typically take 4-5 years to hit consultant for average performer. That’s why most left at analyst or at most senior analyst level. Now with this structured promotion, many people who have no great career ambitions will just continue to stay for many many years. Maybe even do until 40s senior manager / associate director

Old 08-04-2022, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Agreed bro. 2 years ago I also graduate from NUS. Starting pay also 3.8k and everyday also need OT. Nowadays, people come forum duno how to read still hiam fresh grad say 4K starting too little. KBKP when refuted. Really a joke. No wonder ownself reply ownself supporting post
This dude got to be a real dumbass replying to the same post to “support” himself, so pathetic leh wanna reply to yourself at least put in effort to change your words lol. And every year salary increase ok please really living in the past sia this dude
Old 09-04-2022, 08:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Before this TAP 1+ 2 yrs fast track thing. People typically take 4-5 years to hit consultant for average performer. That’s why most left at analyst or at most senior analyst level. Now with this structured promotion, many people who have no great career ambitions will just continue to stay for many many years. Maybe even do until 40s senior manager / associate director
Then this tap thing is actly quite unfair to the incumbents - no incentive for them to stay…
Old 09-04-2022, 08:52 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Anyone from the graduate consulting analyst opening heard back? Would appreciate if you applied to this opening to share please. I applied a day before it closed in end March and I’m considering if I should apply for the graduate technology analyst opening as well since they’re still promoting and recruiting for it. If everyone from the consulting opening didn’t hear back then maybe can still wait but if a few have already heard back then I guess can give up on it.
From what I know, so far seems like this who heard back and also received offers are applicants who applied for the TAP. I have noticed from the previous few pages those who shared they said they were from the general TAP. So I think those who applied to the graduate consulting and graduate tech didn’t hear back, not sure what’s the issue. Probably can try submitting the application for tech also bah got another chance and if you get in for tech I think should be able to switch pods, heard of a guy last year who switched from tech to consulting under tap.
Old 09-04-2022, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Then this tap thing is actly quite unfair to the incumbents - no incentive for them to stay…
Yea that’s why those who joined before tap poor thing. But tbh there’s a few who’s under tap but don’t get promoted within 1 year also, many is 1 year a few months, or some just don’t. If you think about it, the tap promises to promote those under it within one year to senior analysts, which means the bulk of analysts that acn hires, acn have to fork out money for all to be promoted every year.

Also quite weird, now people are promised to be promoted after one year but you still see many leaving.