DBS BANK Interview replies - Page 3 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




DBS BANK Interview replies

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2013, 03:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I applied ops and tech too, no replies for me though. Is it convenient to share when you did the video interview and when you got your invitation for panel interview?

Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for your advice I hope they'll call me soon I really need a job now. Yesterday I went interview with HSBC and I find the interviewee lady humiliated me, first she was late more than half an hour (I'm ok when she said sorry) but what really humiliating when I was presenting myself she keep on playing her phone and no eye contact during the process. I was the one who keep on questioning to her but her response is not in detail. Alas only less than 5 minutes she told me I'll be notify within 1 working week, no news then I'm not hired. When I left I still feel humiliated and really wanna breakdown, never in my life I met this kind of interviewee before, I felt like we both wasting time on that session. Suddenly I called the HR and voice out what really happen during the session, I know this move is killing my chance to get the job but what I can't stand is the humiliation that I had. I just want to share this because sometimes you meet people that can ruin your life in a day and you need to let that person know that you are not a nobody that can be bullied... And you move on with your life.
you will meet more shitty people at work. seriously, you should have just handle it professionally, at least theres a chance to be offered and you can still reject if you really dun like it.
anyway what did the HR reply you?

Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I applied ops and tech too, no replies for me though. Is it convenient to share when you did the video interview and when you got your invitation for panel interview?
I posted the timeline in post #18, you can count backwards from there! Super worried for the panel interview TBH, have no idea what will be asked...

Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

if its HR, its behavioural questions. If its hiring manager, its probably to access the fit of the job. good luck
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just went for the interview. Was interviewed by 2 person, one HR manager and one hiring manager. Almost 100% of the question was fit question. Took 1hr. The interview process started on the 8th and will end on the 14th. Heard from the HR exec liasing with me that this interview is the final stage and the offer will start going out end of the week- start of next week.

I think I did ok for the interview but seems like my answer ain't what they are looking for. Think need to start looking for another job opening already
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 13-11-2013, 05:49 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just went for the interview. Was interviewed by 2 person, one HR manager and one hiring manager. Almost 100% of the question was fit question. Took 1hr. The interview process started on the 8th and will end on the 14th. Heard from the HR exec liasing with me that this interview is the final stage and the offer will start going out end of the week- start of next week.

I think I did ok for the interview but seems like my answer ain't what they are looking for. Think need to start looking for another job opening already
Why do you think your answer ain't what they are looking for? How did you infer that? From their expressions?

I went for the interview on 11th. There was one more hiring manager on top of what you have said. I was also asked technical questions besides the fit questions. It was nerve-wrecking!

How about others who went for the interview too?
Reply With Quote

  #27 (permalink)  
Old 13-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why do you think your answer ain't what they are looking for? How did you infer that? From their expressions?

I went for the interview on 11th. There was one more hiring manager on top of what you have said. I was also asked technical questions besides the fit questions. It was nerve-wrecking!

How about others who went for the interview too?
From the conversation we had when I asked my questions. They were talking about finding the correct fit and the HR manager indirectly hinted that I am not the correct fit.

Were you applying for Tech position? Mine was Ops so I guess that's why it was purely fit questions and had 1 less hiring manager. Almost all about leadership style. Quite nerve wrecking for me too but my HR exec was very friendly and help reassured me haha
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 13-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From the conversation we had when I asked my questions. They were talking about finding the correct fit and the HR manager indirectly hinted that I am not the correct fit.

Were you applying for Tech position? Mine was Ops so I guess that's why it was purely fit questions and had 1 less hiring manager. Almost all about leadership style. Quite nerve wrecking for me too but my HR exec was very friendly and help reassured me haha
Yes mine was Tech position. Which day did u have your interview? I wonder how many ops and tech candidates there are for each function. So do you know if they will send rejection email if not selected?
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 13-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes mine was Tech position. Which day did u have your interview? I wonder how many ops and tech candidates there are for each function. So do you know if they will send rejection email if not selected?
Mine was yesterday. Yeah I wonder how many they are selecting too. didn't seem like they are interviewing a lot to begin with. The interviews only last for 5 days and they seem do be going at the rate of 1 per hour (didn't see any other candidate waiting there together with me). Maybe this isn't the only round and they are staggering the hires.

Not sure about the email but I am guessing they probably will send out rejection email. Usually when you get to the final interview stage most company will reject you outright instead of just ignoring you.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 13-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mine was yesterday. Yeah I wonder how many they are selecting too. didn't seem like they are interviewing a lot to begin with. The interviews only last for 5 days and they seem do be going at the rate of 1 per hour (didn't see any other candidate waiting there together with me). Maybe this isn't the only round and they are staggering the hires.

Not sure about the email but I am guessing they probably will send out rejection email. Usually when you get to the final interview stage most company will reject you outright instead of just ignoring you.
Is there a contact/email I can pm you? Easier and faster to tell you what I know and vice versa
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article: HDB loan or bank loan? Reasons to choose a BANK loan fahl.sean Investments and Net Worth 2 20-06-2016 06:53 PM
MOT interview jay Income and Jobs 7 29-06-2013 01:00 PM
Dilemma Big 4 or Bank confusedog Income and Jobs 87 04-12-2012 10:28 PM
Which bank and product? yibs General Discussions 3 12-10-2012 11:19 AM
Should I go for MSO interview? rabbit10 Income and Jobs 2 10-04-2011 11:23 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
265 Replies, 184,208 Views
Accepting Job offer or take AWS
0 Replies, 108 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
73 Replies, 65,860 Views
Civil Service Year End Bonus 2018 ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 12,025 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,799 Replies, 1,247,183 Views
Do you need to hack facebook
0 Replies, 54 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 68,640 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,322 Replies, 4,116,156 Views
GIC career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
184 Replies, 230,643 Views
DBS Business Analystics Graduate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 25,986 Views
DBS Bank career advancement,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
88 Replies, 119,449 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,024 Replies, 1,283,175 Views
SAS Business Intelligence &...
1 Replies, 455 Views
DSM Bright Development Program
0 Replies, 97 Views
Exxonmobil Technical track...
0 Replies, 125 Views
what to invest
4 Replies, 2,908 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
361 Replies, 557,686 Views
Credit Suisse - Compliance... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
95 Replies, 46,223 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,135 Replies, 521,767 Views
Anybody knows the salary for...
0 Replies, 241 Views
Rolls-Royce Graduate Development... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 11,749 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
204 Replies, 136,596 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 1,889 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,242 Replies, 398,460 Views
Working in a bank ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
521 Replies, 274,595 Views
Shell Graduate program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
147 Replies, 95,332 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,850 Replies, 669,221 Views
Anyone work in AVA Animal Health... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 2,809 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2