Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 125 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1241 (permalink)  
Old 16-04-2019, 02:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi im quite new to this.

Just wondering when HR calls to offer a job and they ask if you are interested in the role do they usually tell you the estimated package?

I received a call today and they asked for my interest, and since i am interested, HR will submit to higher mgt for approval. At which stage can i ask for the salary? I didnt get any email or thing to follow up after the call though she says she will contact me again.

Im graduating this year so i have no idea how it all works..
Hi, I am also graduating this year.
The HRs that called to offer also told me briefly about my pay package. One was very detailed with explanation of all the benefits and another just told me about the pay but dd not talk about the other benefits.
I think you can call (since you have the HR's number) and ask them to share more about the offer because you know, pay is an impt factor haha.



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1242 (permalink)  
Old 16-04-2019, 03:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am also graduating this year.
The HRs that called to offer also told me briefly about my pay package. One was very detailed with explanation of all the benefits and another just told me about the pay but dd not talk about the other benefits.
I think you can call (since you have the HR's number) and ask them to share more about the offer because you know, pay is an impt factor haha.
Thanks!! I realised none of the interview talked about pay. So its confusing i tot they would tell me until this one asked for my interest without telling the pay. Imagine they quite me 2k or something. Hahah.

To my pay is important right, i don’t want to be regard as money face. Haha! I want to pay my uni loans. Haha

Reply With Quote
  #1243 (permalink)  
Old 16-04-2019, 04:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Ministry of Social and Family development or Singapore Prison Service for
Social work /Counselling job?

Reply With Quote
  #1244 (permalink)  
Old 16-04-2019, 09:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks!! I realised none of the interview talked about pay. So its confusing i tot they would tell me until this one asked for my interest without telling the pay. Imagine they quite me 2k or something. Hahah.

To my pay is important right, i don’t want to be regard as money face. Haha! I want to pay my uni loans. Haha
From my limited understanding of how it works for fresh grads, some organizations really think they are the best pay in the world, example MOE. 3 years ago my friend signed on a blank cheque, never even indicate what's his salary. That was a time that out of 100 applicants 1 get in.

Usually the salary gets discussed at the final round. When HR invite you sign... You can ask what is the salary before going down. If they refuse to talk about it, then frankly, tell them to fly kite unless you really want to work there. Sometimes they claim that still being approved but should be settled by the time u go down next week. Probably a very desperate HR. Be polite, one day before the appointment call and ask what is the salary. If still no number then I won't bother... They will try to hard sell you at low salary. Chances are the culture is bad.

However if HR says it's a final round Interview... Then not the same.. Salary could be revealed face to face. If you are a good match then go down a final time to sign and be briefed on your benefits all together.

In short, a good company sure will tell you the salary on an occasion separate from the signing date. A horrible one will cook up 101 reasons to reveal salary on same day u sign.
Reply With Quote
  #1245 (permalink)  
Old 16-04-2019, 09:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From my limited understanding of how it works for fresh grads, some organizations really think they are the best pay in the world, example MOE. 3 years ago my friend signed on a blank cheque, never even indicate what's his salary. That was a time that out of 100 applicants 1 get in.

Usually the salary gets discussed at the final round. When HR invite you sign... You can ask what is the salary before going down. If they refuse to talk about it, then frankly, tell them to fly kite unless you really want to work there. Sometimes they claim that still being approved but should be settled by the time u go down next week. Probably a very desperate HR. Be polite, one day before the appointment call and ask what is the salary. If still no number then I won't bother... They will try to hard sell you at low salary. Chances are the culture is bad.

However if HR says it's a final round Interview... Then not the same.. Salary could be revealed face to face. If you are a good match then go down a final time to sign and be briefed on your benefits all together.

In short, a good company sure will tell you the salary on an occasion separate from the signing date. A horrible one will cook up 101 reasons to reveal salary on same day u sign.
Thanks again. I was 'verbally' extended an offer with then saying that they will confirm on the position, would it be rude if i ask for the expected range?
Reply With Quote
  #1246 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2019, 03:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks again. I was 'verbally' extended an offer with then saying that they will confirm on the position, would it be rude if i ask for the expected range?
Anything before the final round interview is considered unprofessional. HR expect everybody to first put money aside and consider only based on job fit. Same as going for a date, will you demand to know your potential boy/girlfriend salary, house size and bank balance before you hold hands? Dating programs aside.. Normally it is not good.

If you are the chosen 1 or 2, then they start to lowball you will all sorts of nonsense like work life balance, 18 days leave and medical benefits for dependents.. Then they expect the mid career to negotiate and the freshie to grab.

Though we all need money, the pretentious cycle of job seeking is as such. That's how glassdoor, payscale and salary reports become so sought after some even pay for the annual report.
Reply With Quote

  #1247 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2019, 06:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Had an interview. Got called up the following day and informed that i'm confirmed and awaiting clearance. Have not been told about pay package. Anyone has any idea how long would the waiting time be like. Stat board…
Reply With Quote
  #1248 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2019, 09:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Had an interview. Got called up the following day and informed that i'm confirmed and awaiting clearance. Have not been told about pay package. Anyone has any idea how long would the waiting time be like. Stat board…
Easier if you inforn us the stat board before we advise you. If you are lucky someone who works there may be be able to offer you an estimate.

Sounds like they are getting your salary approved as well. It is fair to receive the salary offer anytime before you sign.
Reply With Quote
  #1249 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2019, 11:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Easier if you inforn us the stat board before we advise you. If you are lucky someone who works there may be be able to offer you an estimate.

Sounds like they are getting your salary approved as well. It is fair to receive the salary offer anytime before you sign.
Ahhhh! Interviewed at Land Authority in the afternoon! Grateful for your reminder! )
Reply With Quote
  #1250 (permalink)  
Old 21-04-2019, 01:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks!! I realised none of the interview talked about pay. So its confusing i tot they would tell me until this one asked for my interest without telling the pay. Imagine they quite me 2k or something. Hahah.

To my pay is important right, i don’t want to be regard as money face. Haha! I want to pay my uni loans. Haha
I'm graduating this semester and managed to secure a job in civil service haha. They also didn't tell me the salary package and benefit until everything was approved by upper management and before they sent out the formal offer email. Tbh I don't think fresh grads have the power to negotiate, and it's a standard salary range offered for fresh grads. Another important thing is the salary that they offer you cos if they are already offering smth like $3.5k that's the max already. I feel like you don't have to be too concerned about the salary as of now. If it's a job you really want, just take whatever they offer and perform well. You'll get salary increment and performance bonus for doing well so you can use that to pay off your study loans and to save up too
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 1 02-09-2011 01:30 AM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
159 Replies, 75,711 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
394 Replies, 287,567 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,775 Replies, 271,370 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,105 Replies, 5,583,423 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
688 Replies, 211,481 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,602 Replies, 2,608,210 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
101 Replies, 13,510 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
377 Replies, 250,723 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,633 Replies, 783,825 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,191 Replies, 970,335 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,294 Replies, 1,907,658 Views
Feeling helpless, need advice... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 762 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 13,043 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,912 Replies, 1,084,631 Views
Anyone being hired during covid... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 1,265 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,659 Replies, 1,606,815 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 4,054 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
91 Replies, 92,744 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,380 Replies, 564,821 Views
Please Share DBS Average Months... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 3,107 Views
Submitting My Resume To ST... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 22,088 Views
Sharing my Passive and Active...
2 Replies, 506 Views
where can i buy nintendo stock?
6 Replies, 3,391 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,953 Views
HR Career advice
3 Replies, 1,444 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 15,517 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,089 Replies, 499,889 Views
Can share your your car...
2 Replies, 232 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
7 Replies, 2,143 Views
Any Kaplan students here can land... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,093 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2