Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2019, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks!! I realised none of the interview talked about pay. So its confusing i tot they would tell me until this one asked for my interest without telling the pay. Imagine they quite me 2k or something. Hahah.

To my pay is important right, i don’t want to be regard as money face. Haha! I want to pay my uni loans. Haha
I'm graduating this semester and managed to secure a job in civil service haha. They also didn't tell me the salary package and benefit until everything was approved by upper management and before they sent out the formal offer email. Tbh I don't think fresh grads have the power to negotiate, and it's a standard salary range offered for fresh grads. Another important thing is the salary that they offer you cos if they are already offering smth like $3.5k that's the max already. I feel like you don't have to be too concerned about the salary as of now. If it's a job you really want, just take whatever they offer and perform well. You'll get salary increment and performance bonus for doing well so you can use that to pay off your study loans and to save up too