Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2019, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From my limited understanding of how it works for fresh grads, some organizations really think they are the best pay in the world, example MOE. 3 years ago my friend signed on a blank cheque, never even indicate what's his salary. That was a time that out of 100 applicants 1 get in.

Usually the salary gets discussed at the final round. When HR invite you sign... You can ask what is the salary before going down. If they refuse to talk about it, then frankly, tell them to fly kite unless you really want to work there. Sometimes they claim that still being approved but should be settled by the time u go down next week. Probably a very desperate HR. Be polite, one day before the appointment call and ask what is the salary. If still no number then I won't bother... They will try to hard sell you at low salary. Chances are the culture is bad.

However if HR says it's a final round Interview... Then not the same.. Salary could be revealed face to face. If you are a good match then go down a final time to sign and be briefed on your benefits all together.

In short, a good company sure will tell you the salary on an occasion separate from the signing date. A horrible one will cook up 101 reasons to reveal salary on same day u sign.
Thanks again. I was 'verbally' extended an offer with then saying that they will confirm on the position, would it be rude if i ask for the expected range?