How much are you earning per annum? - Page 1187 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11861 (permalink)  
Old 23-03-2020, 09:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

26 this year, salary 5.1K/mth. Typically 3-4 months of bonuses, but probably gonna get cut cuz of poor economy, can't complain tho. Working in public sector.



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #11862 (permalink)  
Old 24-03-2020, 11:31 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Fortunate, work very hard

M, 30, 20k pm base, with ~10% bonus and some equity.
Started in Singapore company at 25 and worked upward, 2-3 job changes.
Ppl always "wah make so much"
but really just work hard (very, very hard), stop comparing and complaining, when opportunity rears its head, think hard, then take and go.
i didn't take any opportunity which came, some paid more but also more risky.
and high pay is good but you have different sets of problems linked to such salary (primarily stress and hours)
Not finance.

Married, spouse does not make as much, she works hard too although my total hours are longer.

We are still pretty frugal compared to what i see from some friends from normal jobs.

Reply With Quote
  #11863 (permalink)  
Old 27-03-2020, 09:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
M, 30, 20k pm base, with ~10% bonus and some equity.
Started in Singapore company at 25 and worked upward, 2-3 job changes.
Ppl always "wah make so much"
but really just work hard (very, very hard), stop comparing and complaining, when opportunity rears its head, think hard, then take and go.
i didn't take any opportunity which came, some paid more but also more risky.
and high pay is good but you have different sets of problems linked to such salary (primarily stress and hours)
Not finance.

Married, spouse does not make as much, she works hard too although my total hours are longer.

We are still pretty frugal compared to what i see from some friends from normal jobs.
How you work upward?

Reply With Quote
  #11864 (permalink)  
Old 27-03-2020, 03:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

28 M 10k per month. Thinking of changing job. Is market now good?


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #11865 (permalink)  
Old 27-03-2020, 03:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
28 M 10k per month. Thinking of changing job. Is market now good?
what a joke.. earning 10k/mth and living in a bubble ?
Reply With Quote
  #11866 (permalink)  
Old 28-03-2020, 04:12 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4
Dispen is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CDOs were the ultimate scam...

Bank made subprime loan => Bank package loan into CDOs => sell CDOs, that way the risk of making the risky loan is transferred from the bank to the unsuspecting customer.....

99%? Pls...most of the time, RMs are peddling things the customers don't need:
1)Various type of insurance without looking into the insurance needs of the customer...eg...Personal Accident insurance...when the customer is 60+, no dependent
2)Highlighting upper return range of insurance linked savings policy, conveniently leaving out that expected returns have been sliding the last few years.

Who isn't working for money to support oneself/family? A croupier doing mental sum to calculate the payout...or simply taking away the losing bet. In the last few decades, too much money (and power) has been accumulating in banks as the industry deregulate to lower reserve ratio, allow trading of derivatives etc....resulting in overpaid bankers.

Nothing wrong with wanting to make more money for whatever you are doing but don't make it sound you as if you are working harder than the rest and it's your god given right to be well paid.
I have a question please
Reply With Quote

  #11867 (permalink)  
Old 28-03-2020, 03:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Just sharing

I'm one of those who never found time to do degree after NS, need to support family. So, 15 yrs later at 36...

Diploma
128k/pa
Private, Revenue Ops

Hard work. No one ever asked me of my education since my first job in 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #11868 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2020, 05:22 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4
Dispen is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CDOs were the ultimate scam...

Bank made subprime loan => Bank package loan into CDOs => sell CDOs, that way the risk of making the risky loan is transferred from the bank to the unsuspecting customer.....

99%? Pls...most of the time, RMs are peddling things the customers don't need:
1)Various type of insurance without looking into the insurance needs of the customer...eg...Personal Accident insurance...when the customer is 60+, no dependent
2)Highlighting upper return range of insurance linked savings policy, conveniently leaving out that expected returns have been sliding the last few years.

Who isn't working for money to support oneself/family? A croupier doing mental sum to calculate the payout...or simply taking away the losing bet. In the last few decades, too much money (and power) has been accumulating in banks as the industry deregulate to lower reserve ratio, allow trading of derivatives etc....resulting in overpaid bankers.

Nothing wrong with wanting to make more money for whatever you are doing but don't make it sound you as if you are working harder than the rest and it's your god given right to be well paid.
What do you thinks about this personal accident insurance for a banker in Singapore who earns 60K$ ? https://www.axa.com.sg/personal-accident
Reply With Quote
  #11869 (permalink)  
Old 18-04-2020, 10:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Mindful Sg- Looking For: Professional Therapists/ Psychologists with experience

Hi there,

Mindful is a virtual mental health services provider that works with businesses to provide mental care to employees during the Covid-19 crisis.

They are looking for professional therapists/ Psychologists with experience.

Interested individuals please email [email protected]
Reply With Quote
  #11870 (permalink)  
Old 18-04-2020, 11:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

27, been working 1 year. 120k base, 8 months bonus.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 05:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,231 Replies, 1,865,616 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,492 Replies, 751,809 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,866 Replies, 2,406,103 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,733 Replies, 1,257,642 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,818 Replies, 5,469,423 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,327 Replies, 238,266 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,191 Replies, 884,006 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 2,087 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
173 Replies, 107,709 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,590 Replies, 1,558,579 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,030 Replies, 926,098 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
820 Replies, 536,101 Views
E-Reading apps for kids
2 Replies, 58 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
143 Replies, 66,841 Views
Want to Save More Money? Our Free...
4 Replies, 2,117 Views
Need career advice : quit 9 month... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 3,089 Views
For local U grads, how well are...
9 Replies, 970 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
92 Replies, 12,763 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
122 Replies, 114,624 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,841 Replies, 1,062,023 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
932 Replies, 742,597 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
257 Replies, 49,748 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
862 Replies, 439,877 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
181 Replies, 143,388 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
356 Replies, 276,122 Views
Applied Materials
0 Replies, 91 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
331 Replies, 241,772 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
59 Replies, 5,353 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 110,730 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
3 Replies, 1,121 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2