How much are you earning per annum? - Page 1188 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11871 (permalink)  
Old 19-04-2020, 02:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

26 female 150k pa in insurance 8 months bonus + 15% commissions

Reply With Quote
  #11872 (permalink)  
Old 19-04-2020, 10:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Me & Wife ages 50, with 2 teenagers
Worked in US MNC
Just checked last year IRAS assessment
Household income $650 K

Reply With Quote
  #11873 (permalink)  
Old 19-04-2020, 10:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, 30+ yo Singaporean male seeking genuine advice from the 40s-60s age group here. Professional finance job making 100k pa. Currently deciding between chasing two very different girls. First girl is diploma holder, secretary role, 小女人 type and submissive, earning 40k pa. Second girl is degree holder, a colleague in a similar role and ~100k pa pay (different office), career-minded, a little opinionated. I'm not big on looks, its just the personalities I'm interested in to form a family with. Both seem receptive to my wooing.

For those who has decades of married life experience, which girl would give a better shot at a successful and happy life in SG? I had NS friends who are happily married to foreign kampung-types brides and also some unhappy with marrying high-achieving types despite living in condos and driving conti cars. Thanks for sharing your life advice.
I have been happily married for over 30 years. Our two kids have graduated and are now working.

My wife and I stayed in the same halls at NUS. When we first started work 35 years ago, our salary were about the same and for some a few years, our salaries grew almost in tandem. When I went overseas to get a Masters degree, she quit her job to follow me and look after our children who were just 4 and 1 yo.

Because of that sacrifice, when we returned and my wife re-joined the workforce, her salary growth trajectory was affected. While my salary growth trajectory was quite steep (accompanying a few promotions along the way) her salary increment each year was very modest. A few years later, she went for her Masters degree and earned a promotion as well.
Our combined earned income is currently $500k pa and another $200k pa of passive income.

So is it good to marry a capable wife? Answer is a resounding yes. A capable wife :
1 keeps you on your toes,
2 challenges you to constantly improve yourself,
3. can hold meaningful debates on current affairs and other important matters
4. helps you cover "blind spots" in decision making whether in investment, career moves etc..
5. can help home tutuor your children all the way to uni. Both our kids dont have external tuition.
6. accelerates your wealth build up (my wife played a big part in our $200k pa passive income)
7 have a good network of equally capable friends that together can enhance your knowledge as well as in important contacts
8. removes the stress of being the sole bread winner in the family
9. brings with her, her own rich experience of work and life to enhance yours
10 can help contibute significantly in big investments like property purchases, stocks and others.

I count my blessings daily for a full and happy life, and my capable wife plays a huge part in it.

An important caveat here. If you are not able to match up to your wife's intellect, work ethic, capability and ambition, you will be very miserable. For example if you are a laid back bum with little ambition, you should know what kind of women to avoid in marriage.

Reply With Quote
  #11874 (permalink)  
Old 19-04-2020, 11:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have been happily married for over 30 years. Our two kids have graduated and are now working.

My wife and I stayed in the same halls at NUS. When we first started work 35 years ago, our salary were about the same and for some a few years, our salaries grew almost in tandem. When I went overseas to get a Masters degree, she quit her job to follow me and look after our children who were just 4 and 1 yo.

Because of that sacrifice, when we returned and my wife re-joined the workforce, her salary growth trajectory was affected. While my salary growth trajectory was quite steep (accompanying a few promotions along the way) her salary increment each year was very modest. A few years later, she went for her Masters degree and earned a promotion as well.
Our combined earned income is currently $500k pa and another $200k pa of passive income.

So is it good to marry a capable wife? Answer is a resounding yes. A capable wife :
1 keeps you on your toes,
2 challenges you to constantly improve yourself,
3. can hold meaningful debates on current affairs and other important matters
4. helps you cover "blind spots" in decision making whether in investment, career moves etc..
5. can help home tutuor your children all the way to uni. Both our kids dont have external tuition.
6. accelerates your wealth build up (my wife played a big part in our $200k pa passive income)
7 have a good network of equally capable friends that together can enhance your knowledge as well as in important contacts
8. removes the stress of being the sole bread winner in the family
9. brings with her, her own rich experience of work and life to enhance yours
10 can help contibute significantly in big investments like property purchases, stocks and others.

I count my blessings daily for a full and happy life, and my capable wife plays a huge part in it.

An important caveat here. If you are not able to match up to your wife's intellect, work ethic, capability and ambition, you will be very miserable. For example if you are a laid back bum with little ambition, you should know what kind of women to avoid in marriage.
Show tax return or this is fake as ****. Poster probably not even married.
Reply With Quote
  #11875 (permalink)  
Old 19-04-2020, 03:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yah, you're right.

What's the point to prove to unbelievable and egoistic person like you ah.

You may continue to believe in mediocre lifestyle.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Show tax return or this is fake as ****. Poster probably not even married.
Reply With Quote
  #11876 (permalink)  
Old 19-04-2020, 03:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yah, you're right.

What's the point to prove to unbelievable and egoistic person like you ah.

You may continue to believe in mediocre lifestyle.
yet you came into the forum to write a long essay devoting ur life to an imaginary wife. hehe


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #11877 (permalink)  
Old 19-04-2020, 05:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yet you came into the forum to write a long essay devoting ur life to an imaginary wife. hehe
Guys, I am trying to understand which part of my sharing (post #11873) that you find hard to believe. Is it the part on our earned income, our over 30 years of wedded bliss or our passive income? Or all of it?

If it is about the earned income part, our income tax is around $36k a year or roughly $3k per month. Just to give you a sense where our income put us, individually we are no where near the top earners in S'pore.

Below is from IRAS filing for 2014 (see post #9773)

For year ending 2014 (The figures are 6 years ago. I am sure the numbers should be much higher now)

Assessable Income. / No.of People
(Gross income less deductibles)

$1m and above / 4557
$500k to $1m / 14,757
$400k to $500k / 11,479
$300k to $400k / 24,268
$200k to $300k / 59,346
$150k to $200k / 70,315
$100k to $150k / 158,244
$80k to $100k / 120,538
$70k to $80k / 86,370
$60k to $70k / 115,089
$50k to $60k / 162,440
$40k to $50k / 224,042
$30k to $40k / 288,519
$25k to $30k / 136,256
$20k to $25k / 71,842
Below $20k - no tax.

Total no. of people : 1.548 m
Reply With Quote
  #11878 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2020, 11:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

44, Banking professional

Basic $300K bonus $100K


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #11879 (permalink)  
Old 21-04-2020, 08:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Its been almost 10 years!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
200K Stagnant a few years already.

Have 2 post grad degrees but born at wrong time, starting salary then was mere $1.6K pm.

Envy young upstarts. Havent really cut their teeth already drawing above $100K
Hi guys, above was my very first post to this forum made on 20 Sep 2010! A good 9 years and 7 months ago. I do come to "visit" and contribute to this forum once a while, though very infrequently. I mostly visited when I was at airport lounges while transiting between countries. Today, WFH, so a "special" visit and an update!

Then in 2010, as an old "fart" manager I saw my salary stagnated at $200k pa. I was 50 yo then. Now at 60, I am happy to report that the company had made a few adjustments to my salary over the years and my salary last year was $300k. Never say never!

9 years ago, our networth was around $5M and passive income was negligible, early this year our networth "kissed" $8M shortly but dropped back to $7.6M (no thanks to Covid 19). And our passive income hit an all time high of $200k last year. This year, we are anticipating it to be halved! Ouch! Though the passive income for the first quater (Jan to Mar 20) was still good riding on the momentum of last year, it came in at $45,000.

Must say the quality of the postings in this forum has deteriorated greatly over the years. It started off with great promise for readers to share and learn from others, the income earned in their various professions albeit anonymously. Many early posters were genuine and earnest but because posters can remain anonymous, the whole thing quickly degenerated into worthless and mindless delusional posts. I just wonder what these posters get out of this??

I did have some useful exchanges with a few forumers here in discussing investment and about the CPF. I believe we did learn from each other. However each time and very quickly we see our exchanges hijacked and derailed by trollers and other insincere posters.

Then there is this one or two posters who kept repeating the same post over and over again. Not sure if he has mental issue??

Ok, I think I have said enough. Stay home, stay safe!

We will get through this crisis and emerge stronger!
Reply With Quote
  #11880 (permalink)  
Old 21-04-2020, 09:54 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 12
meetaimak is on a distinguished road
Default

Wa so envious of all your salaries~ I worked for 6-7 years, F, with a post grad deg, only drawing 60-ish (depending on bonus) p.a. Maybe cause I started with audit where starting pay then was about mid 2k.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 05:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,952 Replies, 1,809,566 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
127 Replies, 31,765 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,455 Replies, 2,048,336 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
62 Replies, 20,465 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
154 Replies, 16,373 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,041 Replies, 280,386 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
356 Replies, 124,382 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,799 Replies, 1,178,291 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,893 Replies, 6,023,227 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 3,745 Views
anyone work as trainer with...
3 Replies, 2,038 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,514 Replies, 1,002,213 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,786 Replies, 533,581 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,045 Replies, 832,787 Views
I need advice
4 Replies, 746 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
492 Replies, 108,311 Views
Business / System Analyst
1 Replies, 1,020 Views
Feeling helpless, need advice... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 6,584 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
234 Replies, 145,291 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,724 Replies, 3,171,141 Views
HSBC Graduate Programme 2021 ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 2,498 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
251 Replies, 230,557 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
122 Replies, 47,325 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,087 Replies, 3,882,269 Views
How much do you need to retire... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 2,560 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
134 Replies, 168,361 Views
Banker or Financial Advisor Career...
9 Replies, 1,194 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
157 Replies, 40,568 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2