Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
very good now got generative AI
LLMs will put more accountants out of a job

Old 14-01-2024, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
In the vibrant heart of Singapore's financial district, I, Michael Tan, embarked on a journey within the prestigious walls of a Big 4 audit firm. Fresh out of university, a mix of anticipation and anxiety filled my days as I stepped into a world where glass skyscrapers mirrored the high stakes and global nature of our work.

Orientation sessions and training whizzed by, and soon I found myself assigned to a multinational technology corporation for my inaugural project. The financial intricacies of the company proved to be a challenging initiation. Days blurred into nights as we worked tirelessly, scrutinizing financial statements, cross-referencing data, and attempting to untangle the complex web of transactions.

Late-night hours became routine, and the pressure to meet tight deadlines loomed over us like a shadow. The demanding nature of auditing in a city known for its stringent regulatory environment became apparent. Yet, the significance of accurate financial reporting and my role in ensuring it kept me driven.

One night, as I delved into a set of financial records, I stumbled upon discrepancies that sent up red flags. The weight of responsibility rested heavily on my shoulders as I brought it to the attention of the senior team. The subsequent comprehensive investigation revealed potential irregularities that could have significant repercussions for both the client and the firm.

This incident underscored the intense nature of auditing, where the pressure to uncover financial discrepancies collided with the stress of meeting tight deadlines. My work-life balance suffered, a casualty of the demands placed on me by client expectations and the firm's commitment to delivering quality service.

However, amid the chaos, moments of camaraderie emerged, weaving a silver lining into the challenging narrative. Strong bonds formed with colleagues who shared not only the workload but also laughter and support. The diversity within the team, reflective of Singapore's multicultural fabric, added richness to my professional experience and broadened my perspective.

As the months passed, I found myself navigating diverse industries – from finance to manufacturing – each presenting its unique set of challenges. The skills I acquired extended beyond the technical realm, encompassing interpersonal facets. Managing client relationships, communicating complex findings, and balancing expectations became integral aspects of my role.

One project, in particular, etched itself into my memory – a journey into the vibrant world of a fintech startup. The energy of the environment and the innovation bubbling within the company injected a renewed enthusiasm into my work. The startup experience was a testament to the dynamic nature of my profession, presenting challenges that fueled both personal and professional growth.

Yet, the demanding nature of the job often cast shadows over the positives. The work-life balance continued to elude me, and the relentless pursuit of perfection in financial audits sometimes felt like an uphill battle. The pressure cooker environment of tight deadlines and meticulous scrutiny was a double-edged sword, sharpening my skills while simultaneously taking a toll on my well-being.

Despite the hardships, the journey within the Big 4 firm in Singapore unveiled a tapestry of experiences, weaving together moments of triumph, camaraderie, and personal growth. It was a path laden with challenges, but one that ultimately sculpted me into a seasoned professional ready to face the dynamic landscape of the financial world in the heart of Southeast Asia's bustling metropolis.
LOOOOOOOOOOOL

bro you take time out of your day to write this nonsense?? go OT more dog

Old 14-01-2024, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
LOOOOOOOOOOOL

bro you take time out of your day to write this nonsense?? go OT more dog
which cave you from out from? Never hear of AI?

Old 14-01-2024, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
which cave you from out from? Never hear of AI?
hahahhaa accountants cannot even comprehend what generative AI is. This is why junior SWEs are earning 4x accountants starting pay.
Old 14-01-2024, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
loooooooooool

bro you take time out of your day to write this nonsense?? Go ot more dog
ahahahahahah

this bro thinks that's a real person lol
Old 14-01-2024, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
LLMs will put more accountants out of a job
I wish. We aren't allowed to install anything on our laptop. Can't even use python to automate simple but time consuming things because "data security issues". You think the regulators and partners will allow us to use AI?

Old 14-01-2024, 04:49 PM
Xin ting

Any malaysian from small firm want me to refer them into yellow?
Im high ranked just promoted yellow AM now
Have power bro
Old 14-01-2024, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
In the vibrant heart of Singapore's financial district, I, Michael Tan, embarked on a journey within the prestigious walls of a Big 4 audit firm. Fresh out of university, a mix of anticipation and anxiety filled my days as I stepped into a world where glass skyscrapers mirrored the high stakes and global nature of our work.

Orientation sessions and training whizzed by, and soon I found myself assigned to a multinational technology corporation for my inaugural project. The financial intricacies of the company proved to be a challenging initiation. Days blurred into nights as we worked tirelessly, scrutinizing financial statements, cross-referencing data, and attempting to untangle the complex web of transactions.

Late-night hours became routine, and the pressure to meet tight deadlines loomed over us like a shadow. The demanding nature of auditing in a city known for its stringent regulatory environment became apparent. Yet, the significance of accurate financial reporting and my role in ensuring it kept me driven.

One night, as I delved into a set of financial records, I stumbled upon discrepancies that sent up red flags. The weight of responsibility rested heavily on my shoulders as I brought it to the attention of the senior team. The subsequent comprehensive investigation revealed potential irregularities that could have significant repercussions for both the client and the firm.

This incident underscored the intense nature of auditing, where the pressure to uncover financial discrepancies collided with the stress of meeting tight deadlines. My work-life balance suffered, a casualty of the demands placed on me by client expectations and the firm's commitment to delivering quality service.

However, amid the chaos, moments of camaraderie emerged, weaving a silver lining into the challenging narrative. Strong bonds formed with colleagues who shared not only the workload but also laughter and support. The diversity within the team, reflective of Singapore's multicultural fabric, added richness to my professional experience and broadened my perspective.

As the months passed, I found myself navigating diverse industries – from finance to manufacturing – each presenting its unique set of challenges. The skills I acquired extended beyond the technical realm, encompassing interpersonal facets. Managing client relationships, communicating complex findings, and balancing expectations became integral aspects of my role.

One project, in particular, etched itself into my memory – a journey into the vibrant world of a fintech startup. The energy of the environment and the innovation bubbling within the company injected a renewed enthusiasm into my work. The startup experience was a testament to the dynamic nature of my profession, presenting challenges that fueled both personal and professional growth.

Yet, the demanding nature of the job often cast shadows over the positives. The work-life balance continued to elude me, and the relentless pursuit of perfection in financial audits sometimes felt like an uphill battle. The pressure cooker environment of tight deadlines and meticulous scrutiny was a double-edged sword, sharpening my skills while simultaneously taking a toll on my well-being.

Despite the hardships, the journey within the Big 4 firm in Singapore unveiled a tapestry of experiences, weaving together moments of triumph, camaraderie, and personal growth. It was a path laden with challenges, but one that ultimately sculpted me into a seasoned professional ready to face the dynamic landscape of the financial world in the heart of Southeast Asia's bustling metropolis.
tf u wrote this trash for?
Old 15-01-2024, 02:12 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin ting View Post
Any malaysian from small firm want me to refer them into yellow?
Im high ranked just promoted yellow AM now
Have power bro
Hi local here, can intro? M level so i can reject them again.
Old 15-01-2024, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Posted at 1:56 AM.. you just finish OT ah?

So sad, on a saturday night
No la bro, party and enjoying. Sat where got slp early 1. Only auditors do that so they can ot on sunday or worst, ot on both sat and sun till 3 to 4am while we enjoy the weekends.

Rmb to think of some glorfied story to tell the relative during cny. How medal of honor is awarded for working ot on weekends and earning peanuts.