LTA (Land Transport Authority) - Page 4 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




LTA (Land Transport Authority)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2015, 05:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

hi,

was wondering about the application process for LTA. my status at [email protected] was "in process" for a month (after submitting resume) and if were to judge by closing date..it was probably 3 weeks. i was wondering if there is any chances for me cause the other post i applied, it was nv been processed so means it remain as submitted or straight become unsuccessful after a short period. hence would like to check for those that had applied and got in, how long do i need to wait if the status stated in process? thank you

Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default do they accept SIT graduate?

Was wondering do they accept SIT graduate or purely just NTU and NUS. Happen to know that afew SIT honors graduates with more relevant experience wasn't even get an interview compared to those fresh graduate or no honors graduate from NUS and NTU.

Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2015, 11:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Was wondering do they accept SIT graduate or purely just NTU and NUS. Happen to know that afew SIT honors graduates with more relevant experience wasn't even get an interview compared to those fresh graduate or no honors graduate from NUS and NTU.
What is the SIT honours system like? How many percent make it to 1/2.1? Just curious, I am unable to answer your questions. I do not know the standard of an SIT grad with good honours, but knowing the standard of an nus/Ntu graduate with 3rd class and below, I would be tempted to hire an SIT graduate...

Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2015, 07:43 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the SIT honours system like? How many percent make it to 1/2.1? Just curious, I am unable to answer your questions. I do not know the standard of an SIT grad with good honours, but knowing the standard of an nus/Ntu graduate with 3rd class and below, I would be tempted to hire an SIT graduate...
From my experience and understanding, taking my collaboration as an example. We didnt have bell curve system like ntu and nus. Hence meaning if you fail then you fail. Therefore there is infact very little make it to 1.. a significant amt make it to 2.1 but definitely not as much as ntu or nus sort of percentage. Mostly make it to 2.2 due to no bell curve and those grades were infact not the lowest of the 2.2 those. Not many got a 3rd class.

Honestly i do met alot of scholars at civil service we have the academic results but when come to actual work, they couldn't even visualise and they are not even fresh grad. Hence when collaborating with overseas partners, highly chance they shocked their counterparts because simple analysis which ive learnt in poly they also didnt manage to get it.
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From my experience and understanding, taking my collaboration as an example. We didnt have bell curve system like ntu and nus. Hence meaning if you fail then you fail. Therefore there is infact very little make it to 1.. a significant amt make it to 2.1 but definitely not as much as ntu or nus sort of percentage. Mostly make it to 2.2 due to no bell curve and those grades were infact not the lowest of the 2.2 those. Not many got a 3rd class.

Honestly i do met alot of scholars at civil service we have the academic results but when come to actual work, they couldn't even visualise and they are not even fresh grad. Hence when collaborating with overseas partners, highly chance they shocked their counterparts because simple analysis which ive learnt in poly they also didnt manage to get it.
Do you know in nus, only 15-20 percent make it to 1/2.1, of which 30-40% are local? Approximately 30% graduate without honours. These are statistics of my batch, that may vary by course/year. You seem to think that it is easy to achieve 2.1 in nus/ntu.

There are bad engineers anywhere, perhaps the scholars that you have come into contact with have not engaged in much engineering work and have been pushed into "management" through a fast track route.
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2015, 10:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Do you know in nus, only 15-20 percent make it to 1/2.1, of which 30-40% are local? Approximately 30% graduate without honours. These are statistics of my batch, that may vary by course/year. You seem to think that it is easy to achieve 2.1 in nus/ntu.

There are bad engineers anywhere, perhaps the scholars that you have come into contact with have not engaged in much engineering work and have been pushed into "management" through a fast track route.
a passerby here, well i guess he/she didn't mean to think that it is easy to achieve 2.1 in nus/ntu but because you asked about statistics and no where was mentioned that it was easy, just a remark stating that the percentage is lesser then nus/ntu only. chill man~

As a local graduate and has friends in SIT, what i can quote from them is SIT mostly are local students, to get into 1/2.1 probably same percentage as nus/ntu. the percentage who cant make it to honors is roughly 20 - 30% and some even had to drop out without a degree cert.
Reply With Quote

  #37 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
a passerby here, well i guess he/she didn't mean to think that it is easy to achieve 2.1 in nus/ntu but because you asked about statistics and no where was mentioned that it was easy, just a remark stating that the percentage is lesser then nus/ntu only. chill man~

As a local graduate and has friends in SIT, what i can quote from them is SIT mostly are local students, to get into 1/2.1 probably same percentage as nus/ntu. the percentage who cant make it to honors is roughly 20 - 30% and some even had to drop out without a degree cert.
Very chill! Just clarifying the misconception as i have quite accurate information about the ratio in nus for my year. When he said "significant amount make it to 2.1 but definitely not as much as ntu or nus sort of percentage." I dont think he knows what the situation is like in nus/ntu.
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 17-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 9
Bougainvillea is on a distinguished road
Default

Just read about this post so I'll resume it anyway. Recently I applied for the Executive Transport Planner position through [email protected] and made it to the 1st interview. I didn't hear back after that though the interview went well, as least I felt it did. Having read the discussion here, now I understand no status update of "In Process" 2 weeks after the interview (it's 2 months now) equals "Unsuccessful".
Then LTA continues to post ads of the same position, of which the only difference is the job number. My question would be if it's ok to keep applying for it. Will the previous application still being processed hurt my chances of fresh applications? By the way, this time I lowered the expected salary, doubting, in a optimistic way, it might have been the fatal factor last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,

was wondering about the application process for LTA. my status at [email protected] was "in process" for a month (after submitting resume) and if were to judge by closing date..it was probably 3 weeks. i was wondering if there is any chances for me cause the other post i applied, it was nv been processed so means it remain as submitted or straight become unsuccessful after a short period. hence would like to check for those that had applied and got in, how long do i need to wait if the status stated in process? thank you

Last edited by Bougainvillea; 17-01-2016 at 01:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 17-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bougainvillea View Post
Just read about this post so I'll resume it anyway. Recently I applied for the Executive Transport Planner position through [email protected] and made it to the 1st interview. I didn't hear back after that though the interview went well, as least I felt it did. Having read the discussion here, now I understand no status update of "In Process" 2 weeks after the interview (it's 2 months now) equals "Unsuccessful".
Then LTA continues to post ads of the same position, of which the only difference is the job number. My question would be if it's ok to keep applying for it. Will the previous application still being processed hurt my chances of fresh applications? By the way, this time I lowered the expected salary, doubting, in a optimistic way, it might have been the fatal factor last time.
How much salary did u ask for the last time round? Yes, the HR does look at your asking salary and make their decisions after interviewing the entire selected few. Dont be surprise, just for 1 engineering position, there could be as much as 20 candidates, so u cant blame HR for haircutting onbehalf of the hiring dept/mgr.

Also btw, ur post is equivalent to manager? or ?
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 17-01-2016, 07:02 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 9
Bougainvillea is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much salary did u ask for the last time round? Yes, the HR does look at your asking salary and make their decisions after interviewing the entire selected few. Dont be surprise, just for 1 engineering position, there could be as much as 20 candidates, so u cant blame HR for haircutting onbehalf of the hiring dept/mgr.

Also btw, ur post is equivalent to manager? or ?
Despite its wording of "Executive", I'm pretty sure this is not manager level position because above it there are Senior Transport Planner, Deputy Director (group leader), etc. The only thing I'm unsure of is that sometimes they also have "Engineering Officer" whose level in relation to "Executive Transport Planner" is unclear. Anyway, it's more like slightly above entry level. So back to the critical question, though I have 2 years' relevant experience, how much should I be asking?? I just have no idea of the pay scale.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SLA (Singapore Land Authority) datou Companies 33 20-01-2022 11:14 PM
SLA (Singapore Land Authority) freshgrat Companies 9 30-07-2021 08:36 AM
transport as percentage of income for Self-employed lost Income and Jobs 1 27-11-2019 08:48 PM
Salesman For Lighting 2,500-3,000 + Transport. (Joo Khoon) Lapims Marketplace and Find Work 0 06-05-2019 03:50 PM
MOT (Ministry of Transport) dreamerlyfe93 Companies 2 14-08-2018 09:13 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,229 Replies, 952,522 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
916 Replies, 598,609 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
364 Replies, 258,145 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,996 Replies, 7,066,780 Views
Civil Service Current Estimated... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
153 Replies, 226,238 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,135 Replies, 947,522 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,095 Replies, 2,841,532 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,676 Replies, 2,181,792 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,462 Replies, 2,510,884 Views
Mnc jobs - a must in life ?? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
181 Replies, 88,665 Views
Starting pay for fresh grad? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
74 Replies, 36,746 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
489 Replies, 457,861 Views
FREE $10 + $25 NTUC Fairprice... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 1,546 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,675 Replies, 946,457 Views
PMO (Prime Minister's Office...
1 Replies, 779 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,069 Replies, 3,868,916 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
239 Replies, 156,834 Views
IMDA AIM Graduate Development...
9 Replies, 4,152 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
345 Replies, 176,896 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,252 Replies, 2,094,244 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,034 Replies, 247,332 Views
jobs at Tech companies
3 Replies, 2,945 Views
Applying for jobs within govt...
5 Replies, 374 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
329 Replies, 106,582 Views
OKX SuperNova Graduate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
64 Replies, 15,438 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
160 Replies, 196,163 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,677 Replies, 3,293,905 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
962 Replies, 648,511 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,335 Replies, 1,149,609 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,154 Replies, 3,129,628 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2