Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - LTA (Land Transport Authority)
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 07:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the SIT honours system like? How many percent make it to 1/2.1? Just curious, I am unable to answer your questions. I do not know the standard of an SIT grad with good honours, but knowing the standard of an nus/Ntu graduate with 3rd class and below, I would be tempted to hire an SIT graduate...
From my experience and understanding, taking my collaboration as an example. We didnt have bell curve system like ntu and nus. Hence meaning if you fail then you fail. Therefore there is infact very little make it to 1.. a significant amt make it to 2.1 but definitely not as much as ntu or nus sort of percentage. Mostly make it to 2.2 due to no bell curve and those grades were infact not the lowest of the 2.2 those. Not many got a 3rd class.

Honestly i do met alot of scholars at civil service we have the academic results but when come to actual work, they couldn't even visualise and they are not even fresh grad. Hence when collaborating with overseas partners, highly chance they shocked their counterparts because simple analysis which ive learnt in poly they also didnt manage to get it.