LTA (Land Transport Authority) - Page 6 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

LTA (Land Transport Authority)

Old 19-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bougainvillea View Post
"Local grad" does seem to have the say. Just curious who made the cut. 1st interview was just with the team leader & member of a higher position with whom the candidate would be working. Anyway, some things are just meant to remain a sheer myth
The HR and your direct boss made the cut. If HR was told to only recuit local grad then obviously non local ones will be eliminated unless you graduated from top uni those. My 1st interview was with the direct boss and he is the one who determine whether or not to hire you. 2nd will consist of the HR rep, group director and a senior manager probably from your dept. Well i suggest you try other dept also that you found suitable. Cause when you have reached the 2nd interview, what i was told is if the group director finds that you are more suitable for another dept, he will help you pull the strings and have the HR schedule you an interview for that so you dont need keep apply. I don't know how true but that's what he told me cause he say his intention is to find the perfect fit so he can groom.

Old 19-01-2016, 08:16 PM

Bougainvillea is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The HR and your direct boss made the cut. If HR was told to only recuit local grad then obviously non local ones will be eliminated unless you graduated from top uni those. My 1st interview was with the direct boss and he is the one who determine whether or not to hire you. 2nd will consist of the HR rep, group director and a senior manager probably from your dept. Well i suggest you try other dept also that you found suitable. Cause when you have reached the 2nd interview, what i was told is if the group director finds that you are more suitable for another dept, he will help you pull the strings and have the HR schedule you an interview for that so you dont need keep apply. I don't know how true but that's what he told me cause he say his intention is to find the perfect fit so he can groom.
Alright, I guess I'll try again regardless of the excruciating anticipation. Thanks again for sharing your experience

Old 14-02-2016, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
a passerby here, well i guess he/she didn't mean to think that it is easy to achieve 2.1 in nus/ntu but because you asked about statistics and no where was mentioned that it was easy, just a remark stating that the percentage is lesser then nus/ntu only. chill man~

As a local graduate and has friends in SIT, what i can quote from them is SIT mostly are local students, to get into 1/2.1 probably same percentage as nus/ntu. the percentage who cant make it to honors is roughly 20 - 30% and some even had to drop out without a degree cert.
As local graduate and has friends in SIT, i will say that getting second upper and first class is much easier in SIT compared to NTU/NUS. SIT is mainly filled up with local student and MOST of them do not make it to local U. NTU/NUS engineering has large number of FT with scholarship and due to bellcurve, its harder to get A in engineering between these 2 uni. I have a friend in SIT UOG who failed his math and did not managed to complete his FYP (grade D) yet managed to get a second lower and it's CLOSE to second upper.

Try getting these grades in NTU EEE, obtaining a third class honor can pray to god liao

Old 15-02-2016, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
As local graduate and has friends in SIT, i will say that getting second upper and first class is much easier in SIT compared to NTU/NUS. SIT is mainly filled up with local student and MOST of them do not make it to local U. NTU/NUS engineering has large number of FT with scholarship and due to bellcurve, its harder to get A in engineering between these 2 uni. I have a friend in SIT UOG who failed his math and did not managed to complete his FYP (grade D) yet managed to get a second lower and it's CLOSE to second upper.

Try getting these grades in NTU EEE, obtaining a third class honor can pray to god liao
hello local grad, didnt your friend tell you that maths was not included in the computation? please go and take a lot at SIT entry GPA before thinking that MOST of them couldnt make it to local U. another arrogant local grad here. His FYP cant get a grade D but have you looked at his other modules grade? i seriously felt quite sian to actually keep seeing those local grad comparing with others. if you think SIT sucks, please write in to the govt to remove. One thing working with SIT students is that they have more hands-on skills then me, a local grad. I dont look down on SIT students or even comparing them with SIM because frankly, they have the hands-on skills most local grad doesnt have. academically good doesnt mean you can survive good in work. wake up dude.
Old 15-02-2016, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

I do believe SIT have their own good just like the grads from NUS/NTU unless SIT grad had threatened the postion of NUS/NTU grads. To be fair, i don't see a need to do any comparsion. Any one who is seriously good have gone to harvard or oxbridge. SIT partner with prestigious universities which have produced quite a no. of noble winners, this is infact what NUS/NTU had honestly lacked of. If as a local grad i have to keep discriminate people from those prestigious uni that SIT partnered, i'm seriously putting myself down and digging my own graves. SIT exist due to the advancing industry needs which at this current moment, our country couldnt immediately transform NUS/NTU into as most of them are from JCs and not from polytechnic, hence lacking the skills.

our country had initially thought that academic was so important that they didnt really foresee hands-on skills like how things were thought in polys. Now, it proved them that the western educational structure is right and that is why SIT mainly takes in poly student. poly had fulfill half of the western academic structure including tehnologically advanced Japan hence in order for sg to catch up, they had to partnered with prestigious uni, that's why SIT had to be formed. when partnership, it is easier to have the prestigious uni to send their profs to sg to teach where NUS/NTU were have to do hiring which will drain out even more resources and might not be able to recuit quality profs. recently, some people had managed to find out some of the so called profs in our 2 local uni were holding on to degrees produced by degree mill?. if govt were to do the immediate transformation in NUS/NTU where majority were JCs peeps, then the failure rate will be even worse. That is why our govt can only take baby steps by starting to equip the year 1 students from these 2 local uni with compulsory modules that will help them kick start the industry needs. These compulsory modules were published in the recent news. I hope the poster can do some thinking before drafting out such a comment and keep focusing on how easy to get 1st class in SIT then NTU.
Old 28-02-2016, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hello local grad, didnt your friend tell you that maths was not included in the computation? please go and take a lot at SIT entry GPA before thinking that MOST of them couldnt make it to local U. another arrogant local grad here. His FYP cant get a grade D but have you looked at his other modules grade? i seriously felt quite sian to actually keep seeing those local grad comparing with others. if you think SIT sucks, please write in to the govt to remove. One thing working with SIT students is that they have more hands-on skills then me, a local grad. I dont look down on SIT students or even comparing them with SIM because frankly, they have the hands-on skills most local grad doesnt have. academically good doesnt mean you can survive good in work. wake up dude.
dude, its obvious that most of the NUS/NTU students is academically stronger than SIT. Don't ******** with me that SIT has better hands-on skills than NUS/NTU unless u trying to tell me you are from ITE which focus on hand on skill. Please take a look at how much modules we have to clear and lab session, projects. i agree with academically good does not mean you can work well, but what makes u think that those SIT students with poor academically can work well in their job. you guys dont know the amount of stress we are facing when there's a whole bunch of foreign scholars fighting for an A.

its ridiculous to say that SIT has same standard as NUS/NTU, its totally different league. accept the fact

Old 28-02-2016, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I do believe SIT have their own good just like the grads from NUS/NTU unless SIT grad had threatened the postion of NUS/NTU grads. To be fair, i don't see a need to do any comparsion. Any one who is seriously good have gone to harvard or oxbridge. SIT partner with prestigious universities which have produced quite a no. of noble winners, this is infact what NUS/NTU had honestly lacked of. If as a local grad i have to keep discriminate people from those prestigious uni that SIT partnered, i'm seriously putting myself down and digging my own graves. SIT exist due to the advancing industry needs which at this current moment, our country couldnt immediately transform NUS/NTU into as most of them are from JCs and not from polytechnic, hence lacking the skills.

our country had initially thought that academic was so important that they didnt really foresee hands-on skills like how things were thought in polys. Now, it proved them that the western educational structure is right and that is why SIT mainly takes in poly student. poly had fulfill half of the western academic structure including tehnologically advanced Japan hence in order for sg to catch up, they had to partnered with prestigious uni, that's why SIT had to be formed. when partnership, it is easier to have the prestigious uni to send their profs to sg to teach where NUS/NTU were have to do hiring which will drain out even more resources and might not be able to recuit quality profs. recently, some people had managed to find out some of the so called profs in our 2 local uni were holding on to degrees produced by degree mill?. if govt were to do the immediate transformation in NUS/NTU where majority were JCs peeps, then the failure rate will be even worse. That is why our govt can only take baby steps by starting to equip the year 1 students from these 2 local uni with compulsory modules that will help them kick start the industry needs. These compulsory modules were published in the recent news. I hope the poster can do some thinking before drafting out such a comment and keep focusing on how easy to get 1st class in SIT then NTU.

No pointing debating, go do a survey of how many SIT 1st class honor managed to get into DSTA/DSO. If SIT degree is same standard as NUS/NTU, why is it that SIT electrical degree cannot apply for PE and NUS/NTU is able to do so? please ENLIGHTEN me
Old 28-02-2016, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
dude, its obvious that most of the NUS/NTU students is academically stronger than SIT. Don't ******** with me that SIT has better hands-on skills than NUS/NTU unless u trying to tell me you are from ITE which focus on hand on skill. Please take a look at how much modules we have to clear and lab session, projects. i agree with academically good does not mean you can work well, but what makes u think that those SIT students with poor academically can work well in their job. you guys dont know the amount of stress we are facing when there's a whole bunch of foreign scholars fighting for an A.

its ridiculous to say that SIT has same standard as NUS/NTU, its totally different league. accept the fact
It doesn't matter. SIT is still new. In general, their entry requirement will be lower than NUS/NTU/SMU. However, you shouldn't assume that SIT students will not have any stress. In addition, what makes you think that SIT students couldn't work well in their job?

You are being very judgmental and it shows your narrow-mindedness.

I am a local U myself. I do see my colleagues from SIT performing well in their job. I even see some of them made it to the assessment centre of some of the future leaders program.

In closing, don't judge. Rather, put more effort in your academic and networking.
Old 29-02-2016, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Look like it is right that NUS start to have compulsory modules for their year 1 to prepare them for industry. This statement already state that our local grad doesn't know how important it is to have hands on skills (which doesn't always equivalent to technical skills) apart from academic knowledge. You may sCore well in your academic, but doesn't mean you can visualize things in work. SIT is new, but that doesn't mean they will always be lower then nus/ntu/smu. No point arguing much because time will prove and look at the market, it's infact already start showing competitiveness is market. If NUS/NTU grad still wanna argue, i think it is best to look back at their cohort, the booming FT in both uni already proved one thing, the reason why both uni can rise their world ranking is mostly depending on those FT research papers and them having significant breakthrough in scientific and technological field. If today both uni purely depend on local students, where do you think we will stand in the world? Instead of bashing other uni grads, why not us local students look back at ourselves? How much breakthrough can we make without having FT around in all those field? This is the ugly truth.
Old 29-02-2016, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Look like it is right that NUS start to have compulsory modules for their year 1 to prepare them for industry. This statement already state that our local grad doesn't know how important it is to have hands on skills (which doesn't always equivalent to technical skills) apart from academic knowledge. You may sCore well in your academic, but doesn't mean you can visualize things in work. SIT is new, but that doesn't mean they will always be lower then nus/ntu/smu. No point arguing much because time will prove and look at the market, it's infact already start showing competitiveness is market. If NUS/NTU grad still wanna argue, i think it is best to look back at their cohort, the booming FT in both uni already proved one thing, the reason why both uni can rise their world ranking is mostly depending on those FT research papers and them having significant breakthrough in scientific and technological field. If today both uni purely depend on local students, where do you think we will stand in the world? Instead of bashing other uni grads, why not us local students look back at ourselves? How much breakthrough can we make without having FT around in all those field? This is the ugly truth.
SIT students will always think that they are getting the same standard as NUS/NTU just because SIT is named under local Uni. I never say SIT is bad, I am trying to say that you can't compare SIT standard with NUS/NTU as one guy posted that it's equivalently hard to get second upper.Nope, SIT will never attain the same standard as NUS/NTU unless they enroll more foreign scholar and implement bell curve. Like what you say, local uni depends on foreign talent, you should know how smart they are. So do you think it's fair to compare between NUS/NTU with SIT.