IMDA (under MCI) - Page 71 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

IMDA (under MCI)

Old 15-08-2023, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Was chatting with my new neighbour last Sunday. She's a DXO from Mindef and said LCH's reputation in the navy was quite smelly so not surprised that he's widely hated in IMDA.

A leopard never changes its spots.
Encountered many ex-navy officers in my line of work with the same sentiment regarding his reputation

Old 15-08-2023, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Omg Adrian Ong still there?

All the good staff under him left already but he still so shameless staying on.

Heaven needs to teach him a lesson soon.

Old 15-08-2023, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I'm new in IMDA. Do many horror stories abt meetings with CE. Any advice for newbies like me?

Old 15-08-2023, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi, I'm new in IMDA. Do many horror stories abt meetings with CE. Any advice for newbies like me?
if u are a girl, just wear skirt open leg big big daily in office. if u are a guy no hope for good life.
Old 15-08-2023, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi, I did not read about regulatory work.
Any advice to which department should I apply?
None. Look elsewhere.
Old 16-08-2023, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy

Quote:
Who is the scholar?

JK went to SG pools right? Maybe ppl there suffering from her wrath
wow, so many new and nasty anecdotes about this JK, surprised the thread been quiet about JK before. Yeah heard she went over to that side and of course a leopard can hide but never changes its spots. some ppl who know some ppl say that she is also causing a lot of problems over there by spoiling market with her toxic behavior and ppl not happy w her alr.. very sad when lousy bosses bring their lousy culture with them and pollute new environments, spreading toxicity and infecting new hosts. but hopefully where she went is not like here where such behavior is promulgated, maybe the ppl/culture strong enough to resist and disable this kind of rotten, toxic shenanigans.

Also, after reading the anecdotes i feel so bad for the staff under her. Hope those who suffered under her moved on to better, happier pastures. Don't know why some bosses are so insecure about other staff and resort to such despicable behavior like verbally abusing staff, overloading them with work and holding back promotions? I guess empty vessels make the most noise.

Old 16-08-2023, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

s://.todayonline.com/singapore/lucasfilm-shut-singapore-operations-affecting-more-300-employees-2233136

Well done ACE justin ang!

So much so for "developing" the industry...
Old 16-08-2023, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
wow, so many new and nasty anecdotes about this JK, surprised the thread been quiet about JK before. Yeah heard she went over to that side and of course a leopard can hide but never changes its spots. some ppl who know some ppl say that she is also causing a lot of problems over there by spoiling market with her toxic behavior and ppl not happy w her alr.. very sad when lousy bosses bring their lousy culture with them and pollute new environments, spreading toxicity and infecting new hosts. but hopefully where she went is not like here where such behavior is promulgated, maybe the ppl/culture strong enough to resist and disable this kind of rotten, toxic shenanigans.

Also, after reading the anecdotes i feel so bad for the staff under her. Hope those who suffered under her moved on to better, happier pastures. Don't know why some bosses are so insecure about other staff and resort to such despicable behavior like verbally abusing staff, overloading them with work and holding back promotions? I guess empty vessels make the most noise.

yes, my advice is that if you are now under June Koh in Tote Board or wherever, it is best for your career to cut your losses and move on to find another job if you value your sanity, family time and career progression. trust me... nothing good comes from working under her. the ppl who are left in her dept or who are still ok with working under her or worse still, support her and speak up for her are those who are toxic, spineless, wayang and incompetent just like her (though there are others who are simply keeping quiet under her but hate the air she breathes). ppl who survive her bs and leave for greener pastures usually do find greener pastures where they are valued more and paid their worth. i feel sorry for those of you who do not want to venture out of your comfort zone despite being tortured by her on a daily basis - take my advice and leave. you will not look back on this decision with regret. it will be the best thing you can do for your career.
Old 16-08-2023, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Wait.. you mean that legendary scholar who bang table, demanded to be promoted after 1 year scholar who was red-eyed coz another scholar was promoted in 1.5 years, below the scholar promotion norms?

The same one who bad mouthed the DD who took him in as an intern, groomed him when he came back after studies?

The same one who went to another agency on secondment and got KICKED back after less than 1.5 years?

The same one whose reputation was so bad that he couldn't find a place to nest himself after his secondment?

The same one who talks in a "I am up here, you are down there attitude" ? The one who doesn't want to come down to the levels of non-scholars coz he thinks he deserves to be up there coz he scholar mah... ?

frankly if this boss of his promotes this scholar.. she deserves all the criticism he and his multiple personalities are spewing on this forum

Sadly I'm a farmer and not a scholar. But from what I see of what IMDA scholars go through (not the PSC ones who are parachuted into senior positions), I don't envy them coz they get a lot of saikang without the benefits lol. I think I know who you are referring to here. Had a few lunches with him before he left. Don't know about the DD grooming part since that was prob way before my time but he was not happy not coz other scholars were promoted faster than him, but coz he was overworked (think he was covering other more senior ppl on maternity leave in his team at one point) and JK didn't even consider/table him for promo. So he was comparing his boss, aka JK with other bosses who tabled their staff more readily for promo. I think he was 2 years+ in from his last promo at that point, so he was due already (I recall this coz I was also 2 years in lol but i was a farmer and i don't think that JK had a very gd impression of me coz i was more heck care and qincai abt work lol). If he wasn't overworked to the extent that he was (i often saw him working late in the office and even skipped lunches coz slavedriven until no time), I don't think he would have made such a big deal of the lack of promo.

He was unhappy so he requested a secondment out. He came back later and I caught up with him over lunch. From what I heard, he left the secondment agency (cant recall which agency it was) himself and wanted to quit already, but IMDA offered him a role (some HR protocol) and he accepted, like to give IMDA a final shot. He was quite disillusioned with the whole agency at that point (can't say I blame him lol). From my interactions with him, he was nv arrogant towards me or thought he was better than me or my other farmer colleagues. In fact, he was quite nice and friendly, and very tactful when he worked with us. The only times I have seen him hostile/arrogant is towards those caokeng, wayang, spineless ppl that I oso cannot tahan and who are guai lan at work (push away work to others or siam their work when they are already very eng and other ppl are overworked).

And I also don't think he has the time to write on forums. Last i heard abt him he started his own biz already and is quite busy (coz I jioed him out to join me and my colleagues for lunch/dinner a few times and he turned us down).

Anyway, you speak like you are JK and are butthurt. Pls stop spreading lies on this forum. If you are one of her cronies supporting her too, you should also not spread lies and learn to fact-check before spewing them. If you don't like what you see on this forum, learn to reflect on yourself first and you will see that the criticisms of you are all accurate. Ppl will not take the time to post abt you if you are a saint and nice to them, right?
Old 16-08-2023, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

Quote:
Wait.. you mean that legendary scholar who bang table, demanded to be promoted after 1 year scholar who was red-eyed coz another scholar was promoted in 1.5 years, below the scholar promotion norms?

The same one who bad mouthed the DD who took him in as an intern, groomed him when he came back after studies?

The same one who went to another agency on secondment and got KICKED back after less than 1.5 years?

The same one whose reputation was so bad that he couldn't find a place to nest himself after his secondment?

The same one who talks in a "I am up here, you are down there attitude" ? The one who doesn't want to come down to the levels of non-scholars coz he thinks he deserves to be up there coz he scholar mah... ?

frankly if this boss of his promotes this scholar.. she deserves all the criticism he and his multiple personalities are spewing on this forum
Eh wtf are u on about? The convo is abt JK and the toxic culture.Why are you bringing up something that is off topic and you sound so emotional about it, unless you are JK or one of the useless wayang pricks who benefited from her? Whoever this person you are flaming is, he is a hero if JK hates him so much. The enemy of my enemy is my friend hahahaha