Compare civil service salary - Page 294 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2931 (permalink)  
Old 28-06-2013, 12:31 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Legal service is on a different payscale. Should start at about 4.5k for 2.1 with ns.

Reply With Quote
  #2932 (permalink)  
Old 28-06-2013, 01:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Not true.

In my ministry (uniformed groups), PhD holders join as MX11. So do lawyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The MX scheme is a general scheme for degree holders. The salary scale is the same across the board regardless of your degree / position.

Stats board and GLC will have their own respective scheme of services if you are joining as their legal admin etc.

If you are a fresh grad, you will join as MX 13. In v rare cases and or phD holders, you will join as MX12. never will you join as a MX 11, as a fresh grad.


Reply With Quote
  #2933 (permalink)  
Old 28-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Here's the MX pay ranges again for all our reference:

2011 Civil Service Salary Range

Job grade: MX9 (Superscale)
Job title: Deputy Director, Director
Pay scale: S$10,580 S$14,550 / S$14,551 S$16,540

Job grade: MX10
Job title: Assistant Director, Deputy Director
Pay scale: S$6,350 S$9,050 / S$9,051 S$10,400

Job grade: MX11
Job title: Manager, Assistant Director
Pay scale: S$4,100 S$6,160 / S$6,161 S$7,190

Job grade: MX12
Job title: Assistant Manager, Manager
Pay scale: S$2,550 S$5,130

Job grade: MX13
Job title: Management Executive
Pay scale: up to S$2,800 for fresh graduates

Since the 2012 wage adjustment is ~10%, add 10% to the above value.

Reply With Quote
  #2934 (permalink)  
Old 28-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default nor alaGen

Stop using the old salary scale. U are so obsolete.

Job grade: MX9 (Superscale)
Job title: Deputy Director, Director
Pay scale: S$10,580 S$14,550 / S$14,551 S$16,540

Job grade: MX10
Job title: Assistant Director, Deputy Director
Pay scale: S$6,667 S$9,502 / S$9,503 S$10,920
<<this value already include the april2012 adjustment +5%>>

Job grade: MX11
Job title: Manager, Assistant Director
Pay scale: S$4,510 S$6,776 / S$6,777 S$7,909
<<this value already include the april2012 adjustment +10%>>

Job grade: MX12
Job title: Assistant Manager, Manager
Pay scale: S$2,805 S$5,643

<<this value takes into account the April 2012 adjustment +10% & +5%>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Here's the MX pay ranges again for all our reference:

2011 Civil Service Salary Range

Job grade: MX9 (Superscale)
Job title: Deputy Director, Director
Pay scale: S$10,580 S$14,550 / S$14,551 S$16,540

Job grade: MX10
Job title: Assistant Director, Deputy Director
Pay scale: S$6,350 S$9,050 / S$9,051 S$10,400

Job grade: MX11
Job title: Manager, Assistant Director
Pay scale: S$4,100 S$6,160 / S$6,161 S$7,190

Job grade: MX12
Job title: Assistant Manager, Manager
Pay scale: S$2,550 S$5,130

Job grade: MX13
Job title: Management Executive
Pay scale: up to S$2,800 for fresh graduates

Since the 2012 wage adjustment is ~10%, add 10% to the above value.
Reply With Quote
  #2935 (permalink)  
Old 28-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I know there is a 5 or 10 % adjustment to existing civil servants at that time. but just wondering if wage adjustment is to be applied to min /max portion of the salary scales?
Reply With Quote
  #2936 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2013, 03:52 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Please refer to the previous post regarding the updated salary range. It is not rocket science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I know there is a 5 or 10 % adjustment to existing civil servants at that time. but just wondering if wage adjustment is to be applied to min /max portion of the salary scales?
Reply With Quote

  #2937 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Career advice

Guys, I just turned 30.

I had a "slow" start to my industry, compared to my male and female peers, owing to 1) NS, 2) SMU (4 year program isntead of 3) and 3) worked for 6 months in my first job before switching to my current one.

I just got my promotion letter and am now earning 5.5k with 4.5 years of relevant experience, but I am highly disillusioned with my pay and current situation, and am considering moving to the IRAS. My current job has insane working hours. Every fortnight, u burn your entire weekend (daily hours are generally 9am-8 pm with max one hour lunch break). To add to that, the "slow" start had already cost me deeply. My peers at 30 are newly minted managers (it will take me another 2 years), foreigners and females are sometimes senior managers at my age, or just 1-2 years older. I feel completely burned out, and feel like switching everyday.

However, I'm quite wary of the paycut. I have heavy financial commitments. If i stay on for another year, my next pay scale will be 6400-6600. Thereafter, swithcing to another pte sector job usually comes with a 5-10% pay increment. But compeititon is stiff and opportunities are few (tax is a very narrow field).

I'm really tussling between staying or moving. If i stay on and continue to plough in the insane hours, there is a high probablity of promotion (70-80% probability if u have average performance and don't screw up). However, I am already experiencing some minor health issues (though i force myself to exercise 3-4 times a week). If I move on to IRAS, I'm not sure the pay offered and the promotion speed will be anywhere comparable. Plus, I'm not a scholar (high merit degree).

Somebody please advise. I need clarity of perspective.
Reply With Quote
  #2938 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What did you major for your degree? Are you working in one of the 4 Big at present?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Guys, I just turned 30.

I had a "slow" start to my industry, compared to my male and female peers, owing to 1) NS, 2) SMU (4 year program isntead of 3) and 3) worked for 6 months in my first job before switching to my current one.

I just got my promotion letter and am now earning 5.5k with 4.5 years of relevant experience, but I am highly disillusioned with my pay and current situation, and am considering moving to the IRAS. My current job has insane working hours. Every fortnight, u burn your entire weekend (daily hours are generally 9am-8 pm with max one hour lunch break). To add to that, the "slow" start had already cost me deeply. My peers at 30 are newly minted managers (it will take me another 2 years), foreigners and females are sometimes senior managers at my age, or just 1-2 years older. I feel completely burned out, and feel like switching everyday.

However, I'm quite wary of the paycut. I have heavy financial commitments. If i stay on for another year, my next pay scale will be 6400-6600. Thereafter, swithcing to another pte sector job usually comes with a 5-10% pay increment. But compeititon is stiff and opportunities are few (tax is a very narrow field).

I'm really tussling between staying or moving. If i stay on and continue to plough in the insane hours, there is a high probablity of promotion (70-80% probability if u have average performance and don't screw up). However, I am already experiencing some minor health issues (though i force myself to exercise 3-4 times a week). If I move on to IRAS, I'm not sure the pay offered and the promotion speed will be anywhere comparable. Plus, I'm not a scholar (high merit degree).

Somebody please advise. I need clarity of perspective.
Reply With Quote
  #2939 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What did you major for your degree? Are you working in one of the 4 Big at present?
Majored in economics and business.

Any advice?
Reply With Quote
  #2940 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Firstly, u can negotiate for a decent pay package even with stat boards/govt agencies

Secondly, if you are getting a significant pay rise next year, you may want to stay on for a while more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Majored in economics and business.

Any advice?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,627 Replies, 2,368,283 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 10,739 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,588 Replies, 5,435,029 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,154 Replies, 877,396 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,810 Replies, 1,055,392 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,232 Replies, 231,276 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 3,594 Views
Please Share DBS Average Months...
7 Replies, 846 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,708 Replies, 778,813 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,562 Replies, 1,547,101 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
802 Replies, 532,538 Views
Salary working for SEA FP&A... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,190 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
77 Replies, 13,060 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
323 Replies, 239,409 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
913 Replies, 737,285 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
348 Replies, 273,825 Views
Anyone worked in singhealth/nhg? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 68,855 Views
New Job Offer that only match... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,023 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,206 Replies, 1,855,717 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
65 Replies, 60,931 Views
MCI and IMDA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 8,192 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
167 Replies, 168,932 Views
Salary negotiation for fresh grads ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 4,075 Views
Invest in D9 new condo
1 Replies, 1,005 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,971 Replies, 915,189 Views
List of Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
179 Replies, 126,207 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
227 Replies, 43,876 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 20,925 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 9,825 Views
Do most MNCs pay better than the... ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 2,358 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2