Compare civil service salary - Page 794 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #7931 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2019, 08:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
do you know if this SB still have AWS or it had merged to your basic?
the 13 AWS is not merged into the gross monthly salary. My SB pays the bonus components in the form of merit increment (performance bonus) and corporate bonus (depending on economic outlook) and the 13th month AWS.

Before everyone starts going gaga, the progress here is said to be pretty slow though as itís a relatively new statboard, but we do have an additional $100 for personal productivity

Reply With Quote
  #7932 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2019, 09:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
the 13 AWS is not merged into the gross monthly salary. My SB pays the bonus components in the form of merit increment (performance bonus) and corporate bonus (depending on economic outlook) and the 13th month AWS.

Before everyone starts going gaga, the progress here is said to be pretty slow though as itís a relatively new statboard, but we do have an additional $100 for personal productivity
nice! congrates!

Reply With Quote
  #7933 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2019, 11:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm new with diploma only ... Have experience pay 2.5k grade 14 is it too low for me??
Do they normally go by cert?
I only have diploma does it means my grade n pay will be quite stagnant not much for promotion?



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #7934 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2019, 12:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm new with diploma only ... Have experience pay 2.5k grade 14 is it too low for me??
Do they normally go by cert?
I only have diploma does it means my grade n pay will be quite stagnant not much for promotion?
not sure about your pay, but i believe if youíre a diploma holder, you would start off as an assistant executive, before moving to executive and finally senior executive. If you do consider furthering your studies via sponsorships provided by the stat boards, you might be offered an assistant assistant role (for fresh degree holders) or if not, having a degree will also boost your career opportunites in the private sector.

But from what iíve been reading there, thereís been a cut in positions for diploma holders in the public sector recently as seen in the [email protected] site, hence i would recommend you to consider pursuing a bachelors in the next few years, even if not for now.
Reply With Quote
  #7935 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2019, 06:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Any idea what salary range to expect for a Project manager in CS? Approx 12 years exp.. hope to minimize pay cuts.. thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #7936 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2019, 08:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any idea what salary range to expect for a Project manager in CS? Approx 12 years exp.. hope to minimize pay cuts.. thanks!
i have 10 yrs exp prior joining CS.. offered annual package about 110k.. it can be higher or lower depends on your education, experience and last drawn..
Reply With Quote

  #7937 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2019, 10:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm new with diploma only ... Have experience pay 2.5k grade 14 is it too low for me??
Do they normally go by cert?
I only have diploma does it means my grade n pay will be quite stagnant not much for promotion?
Sounds a little lesser than SIM only - so ok!

Yes, if possible go read a degree!
Reply With Quote
  #7938 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2019, 11:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hello. Ntu econs, 3rd class hons here. Current status is with a stat board as a contract staff for almost 2 years with only 13th mth bonus and drawing 3.7k. Got confirmation awhile back to be converted to perm. Any idea what range i should be expecting and negotiating for? Would it be possible to bring forward my years of service?
Reply With Quote
  #7939 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2019, 12:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello. Ntu econs, 3rd class hons here. Current status is with a stat board as a contract staff for almost 2 years with only 13th mth bonus and drawing 3.7k. Got confirmation awhile back to be converted to perm. Any idea what range i should be expecting and negotiating for? Would it be possible to bring forward my years of service?
maybe try their offer + 200 to take into account your previous experience. They will probably tell you it has been adjusted, but don't be too aggressive though. first check if they are open for negotiation, then put forward small increments (like 200-300).

also what kind of role is that so we can better advise you because 3.7k may be sound low to people from specialised jobs (e.g., engineers, etc) or is that a generic MX role?
Reply With Quote
  #7940 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2019, 12:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
maybe try their offer + 200 to take into account your previous experience. They will probably tell you it has been adjusted, but don't be too aggressive though. first check if they are open for negotiation, then put forward small increments (like 200-300).

also what kind of role is that so we can better advise you because 3.7k may be sound low to people from specialised jobs (e.g., engineers, etc) or is that a generic MX role?
Data/stats related role. I would guess it is not considered as a specialised job. Im not too sure how they calculate my contract pay but factoring in perm benefits and bonuses it will be a huge jump for my annual salary. Not even sure whether my current contract pay includes the NS benefit etc.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,091 Replies, 500,382 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
381 Replies, 251,096 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
160 Replies, 76,428 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,112 Replies, 5,588,358 Views
Submitting My Resume To ST... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 22,362 Views
Tax ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 3,577 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,623 Replies, 2,615,080 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,298 Replies, 1,909,166 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,787 Replies, 272,895 Views
Ceca
2 Replies, 216 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
378 Replies, 335,009 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,668 Replies, 1,608,729 Views
Feeling helpless, need advice... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 921 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,916 Replies, 1,086,008 Views
Anyone being hired during covid... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 1,596 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
395 Replies, 288,027 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
103 Replies, 14,240 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
688 Replies, 211,999 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,633 Replies, 784,313 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,191 Replies, 971,711 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 13,184 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 4,175 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
91 Replies, 92,847 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,380 Replies, 565,229 Views
Please Share DBS Average Months... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 3,230 Views
Sharing my Passive and Active...
2 Replies, 561 Views
where can i buy nintendo stock?
6 Replies, 3,443 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,968 Views
HR Career advice
3 Replies, 1,457 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 15,619 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2