Compare civil service salary - Page 239 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2381 (permalink)  
Old 17-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 82
lmaohaha is on a distinguished road
Default

anyone knows how much does a fresh grad 2nd upper guy earn in ura?

Reply With Quote
  #2382 (permalink)  
Old 17-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

someone said 5 yrs exp and 3.4K,
and u all saying he should be happy?

No offense to the posters, we are anonymous. but that sounds really low, especially because i thought govt pay pretty high compared to private sector for degree holders in early career and who are not in the upper leagues, but just "regular folk" who comprise the drones in MNCs large and small, and SMCs.

Reply With Quote
  #2383 (permalink)  
Old 17-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

reading thru the posts, do you guys think joining army is a competitive option paywise?
for degree holders that is.

looks like starting pay already can get 4K.
might never have a reasonable chance of 5 digits maybe, but how many folks actually make it to 5 digit in private sector. In army, if you eventually "give up" you can just go through the motion. In pvt sector, if you "give up", you still have to show enthusiasm and curry favour here and there just to survive and hold onto you paycheck. also, join army free you of the fantasy of earning big bucks which could take a toll on your psychology..,.especially as you grow older and older and if unfortunately you aren't moving as fast up as you wished. besides, if wanting to stay in pvt sector for the sake of flexible scalability of pay...probably should aim for commission type jobs only.

opinions?

me considering military career le.

Reply With Quote
  #2384 (permalink)  
Old 17-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
reading thru the posts, do you guys think joining army is a competitive option paywise?


<snip>

me considering military career le.
Keep in mind as a military man, if there is war, your life is on the line. You may argue that your life is on the line anyway as you are an NSMan but more is expected of career soldiers.
Reply With Quote
  #2385 (permalink)  
Old 17-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
someone said 5 yrs exp and 3.4K,
and u all saying he should be happy?

No offense to the posters, we are anonymous. but that sounds really low, especially because i thought govt pay pretty high compared to private sector for degree holders in early career and who are not in the upper leagues, but just "regular folk" who comprise the drones in MNCs large and small, and SMCs.
agreed that 3.4k for 5 years exp is pretty low.
he should be placed in MX12.
based on my estimate, in the civil service:
pass degree, management exec - 2800
2 years NS - 360
5 years non relevant exp - 800

that would total up to about 3960.
then again, his agency is a stat board, which has their own HR policies.
Reply With Quote
  #2386 (permalink)  
Old 18-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Interested to work as Senior Prison Officer as ASP1. Not sure how is the salary like after 5 yrs. It was mentioned the starting salary is 3610 to 4370.

Anyone knows how is the salary like after 5 yrs and beyond?

I completed NS. Not a scholar with first class.
Please consider carefully if you want to join as a uniformed personnel.

You need to be fit to pass IPPT for promotion.
Yes Sir Yes Sir 3 bags full (Rank, everything about them)
Senior Prison Officer need to be a housing unit OC for the first 2 years minimum. Virtually you are a prisoner yourself. After that, you will be posted as a staff officer for minimum 2 years. Throughout, you will need not perform cyclic shift unlike the JOs but have to work on alternate Sats.
Pay is high when you first join. Every year increment is minimum and you will see your pay rise slowly until you get your next promotion.
Promotion is dependent on getting the right things done for your customer (your boss).
For the first 2 years, stay out of trouble. Once marked, it is difficult to flip. (Your next superior have to write a good report to justify your improvement and not many people are willing to do that)
Competitive environment. Everyone wants to be promoted.
Young 55 years old retirement age. Can be reemployed but that is dependent on performance.

Good stable job though.

My 2 cents.
Reply With Quote

  #2387 (permalink)  
Old 18-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please consider carefully if you want to join as a uniformed personnel.

You need to be fit to pass IPPT for promotion.
Yes Sir Yes Sir 3 bags full (Rank, everything about them)
Senior Prison Officer need to be a housing unit OC for the first 2 years minimum. Virtually you are a prisoner yourself. After that, you will be posted as a staff officer for minimum 2 years. Throughout, you will need not perform cyclic shift unlike the JOs but have to work on alternate Sats.
Pay is high when you first join. Every year increment is minimum and you will see your pay rise slowly until you get your next promotion.
Promotion is dependent on getting the right things done for your customer (your boss).
For the first 2 years, stay out of trouble. Once marked, it is difficult to flip. (Your next superior have to write a good report to justify your improvement and not many people are willing to do that)
Competitive environment. Everyone wants to be promoted.
Young 55 years old retirement age. Can be reemployed but that is dependent on performance.

Good stable job though.

My 2 cents.
Hi can i ask is the retirement age of 55yo the same for all uniform group? eg. SPF/ICA

After the retirement age of 55yo do most ex-officer get to be redeployed somewhere with a gov job?
Reply With Quote
  #2388 (permalink)  
Old 19-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What is a typical salary in Ministry of Law, anyone know?
For degree holder position.
With every year of outside non-related experience...how much extra?


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2389 (permalink)  
Old 21-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can answer my enquiry please.

If I were to enter the civil sector in January, will I be eligible for AI in April or no, considering that I am on probation.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2390 (permalink)  
Old 21-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 68
wern is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is a typical salary in Ministry of Law, anyone know?
For degree holder position.
With every year of outside non-related experience...how much extra?
were you at the interview? haha.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
126 Replies, 64,883 Views
How much do you earn and save?
5 Replies, 25 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
253 Replies, 48,015 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,160 Replies, 881,302 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
331 Replies, 241,105 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,995 Replies, 921,574 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,688 Replies, 1,255,315 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,727 Replies, 2,392,794 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
58 Replies, 5,058 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
861 Replies, 439,224 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,478 Replies, 749,232 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,838 Replies, 1,060,200 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
817 Replies, 535,223 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,745 Replies, 5,459,490 Views
For local U grads, how well are...
2 Replies, 222 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 12,260 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
929 Replies, 741,173 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
178 Replies, 143,149 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,221 Replies, 1,862,370 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,571 Replies, 1,554,871 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 110,540 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
3 Replies, 1,094 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
355 Replies, 275,412 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,711 Replies, 781,038 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,308 Replies, 236,356 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 23,962 Views
Cold calls/emails to HR ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 1,319 Views
Insurance Agent to Bancassurance...
7 Replies, 5,164 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 114,141 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 16,445 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2