How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 128 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1271 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2020, 10:09 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am too lau jiao for you lah.

My time never heard of simi Foundational Year. It was HO, 1st year MO 2nd year MO etc.

US system also doesn't have Foundational year what ****. It is 1st year resident, 2nd year, 3rd year.

Ask a question respectfully knowing things have changed you so rude. You are the new generation.
Modernising medical career for uk started in 2005, you must be at least 40plus now.
Because a good number of seniors are trained in the uk, so i thought they would be familar with terms like HO and SHO, which became FY1 And FY2.
Im sorry. Thought people that frequent this site are the youngsters.

Apologies to 前辈

Reply With Quote
  #1272 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2020, 12:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Full reg

The criteria stated in SMC website based on years of conditional reg to obtain full registration is the minimum. You will need an endorsement letter from CMB, usually with a letter of support from the head of your department. Needless to say this will be contingent on satisfactory performance but usually is not difficult. So there is some subjective element to it. But day to day practice and work as a consultant whether under conditional or full reg is the same

Reply With Quote
  #1273 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2020, 04:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Heard that mid year cvb is 0.6 mth for healthcare workers. It's not all doom and gloom guys..

Reply With Quote
  #1274 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2020, 11:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Modernising medical career for uk started in 2005, you must be at least 40plus now.
Because a good number of seniors are trained in the uk, so i thought they would be familar with terms like HO and SHO, which became FY1 And FY2.
Im sorry. Thought people that frequent this site are the youngsters.

Apologies to 前辈
I left the public sector in sg in 2004.

Left Singapore totally in 2010.

Not all youngsters here.

Wish you all the best


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1275 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2020, 06:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The criteria stated in SMC website based on years of conditional reg to obtain full registration is the minimum. You will need an endorsement letter from CMB, usually with a letter of support from the head of your department. Needless to say this will be contingent on satisfactory performance but usually is not difficult. So there is some subjective element to it. But day to day practice and work as a consultant whether under conditional or full reg is the same
Thanks. Finally got proper answer.

Is there any document that publishes the average remuneration for various specialties in SG?

In the US, there is Medscape and MGMA data which allows for a good approximation but can't find the same for SG physicians.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #1276 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2020, 06:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I left the public sector in sg in 2004.

Left Singapore totally in 2010.

Not all youngsters here.

Wish you all the best
Is this the FM practising in Calgary?
Reply With Quote

  #1277 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2020, 10:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is this the FM practising in Calgary?
No. GS in USA.
Reply With Quote
  #1278 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2020, 12:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No. GS in USA.
Awesome. What are your thoughts on practising in SG vs USA?

I'm completing my residency in medical specialty in the East Coast next year and considering the move to SG after to start my family.
Reply With Quote
  #1279 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2020, 01:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Awesome. What are your thoughts on practising in SG vs USA?

I'm completing my residency in medical specialty in the East Coast next year and considering the move to SG after to start my family.
All the best to you and your family.

Each system has its own problems and benefits.

I would say the requirements of your personal life decide where you should practice.
Reply With Quote
  #1280 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2020, 10:02 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
All the best to you and your family.

Each system has its own problems and benefits.

I would say the requirements of your personal life decide where you should practice.
I do prefer the education system and stricter laws in SG, so it will be a safer place to raise a kid. However, my career would also be a huge deciding factor.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 02-06-2008 11:48 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,154 Replies, 2,727,165 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
110 Replies, 28,421 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,319 Replies, 5,662,505 Views
I need honest advice. Jump to... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 1,995 Views
need some info on CNB ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 1,178 Views
Citibank Technology Analyst Program
9 Replies, 3,942 Views
Retiring in Taiwan
4 Replies, 171 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,942 Replies, 1,101,020 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
101 Replies, 18,222 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
102 Replies, 33,262 Views
How To Find Rich & Elite In...
1 Replies, 112 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,948 Replies, 3,755,325 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,723 Replies, 1,642,064 Views
Advantages
1 Replies, 858 Views
Private Banking Salaries ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
77 Replies, 101,356 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,275 Replies, 1,001,648 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,344 Replies, 1,933,332 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
605 Replies, 461,482 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,654 Replies, 790,273 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
405 Replies, 294,485 Views
Ntu sociology degree ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
57 Replies, 47,556 Views
Corporate Banking Analyst
7 Replies, 656 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,821 Replies, 282,051 Views
How much do you need to retire...
6 Replies, 286 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,117 Replies, 510,987 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
469 Replies, 91,234 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,740 Replies, 805,239 Views
Getting funded for university
0 Replies, 112 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 7,898 Views
Advice for "Research Coordinator"...
7 Replies, 4,704 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2