Lawyer Salary - Page 810 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8091 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2020, 08:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yale and Stanford are automatic exemptions if you do apply. Yale has always been the top law school in America, with Stanford/Harvard fighting over rank 2 and 3.
Outside of rankings Harvard Law has always been considered n.o. 1 by those in the US industry. Just look at their number of supreme court clerkships.

Reply With Quote
  #8092 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2020, 08:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm really baffled at why you guys keep discussing this US/UK JD/LLM ranking thing so much ....

As a lawyer who studied locally who lateraled into a US firm, I can honestly say that none of my colleagues who also went to NUS/SMU for their undergrad have a masters (or even if they do, they did it during their 4 year LLB at NUS). It is unnecessary for practice, as evidenced by the fact that they managed to make it here regardless.

Furthermore, do you all really think that anyone who is good enough to get into a JD program at harvard or yale will bother coming to SG anyway?

Can you guys focus the discussion on what actually relates to us -> salaries in the SG law context?

Reply With Quote
  #8093 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2020, 09:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm really baffled at why you guys keep discussing this US/UK JD/LLM ranking thing so much ....

As a lawyer who studied locally who lateraled into a US firm, I can honestly say that none of my colleagues who also went to NUS/SMU for their undergrad have a masters (or even if they do, they did it during their 4 year LLB at NUS). It is unnecessary for practice, as evidenced by the fact that they managed to make it here regardless.

Furthermore, do you all really think that anyone who is good enough to get into a JD program at harvard or yale will bother coming to SG anyway?

Can you guys focus the discussion on what actually relates to us -> salaries in the SG law context?
This. If I have a Yale/Stanford JD why would I be looking at practicing in Singapore lol.

Reply With Quote
  #8094 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2020, 11:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Outside of rankings Harvard Law has always been considered n.o. 1 by those in the US industry. Just look at their number of supreme court clerkships.
Harvard has the most clerkships because they have the largest cohort by far, at around 500. Yale is widely considered to be the most prestigious law school in the US. Historically, they have had the lowest acceptance rates and highest percentage of graduates heading into academia. Also low class sizes means its spending per student is through the roof. Many Harvard professors at Harvard law school are Yale alumni.

It is only outside the states that people have the misconception of Harvard > Yale law, because Harvard is the more internationally renown university. Most applicants would turn down Harvard/Stanford for Yale.
Reply With Quote
  #8095 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2020, 07:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Does anybody what NQ Associate pay is for international firm JLAs i.e
- Simmons & Simmons JWS
- Norton Rose Fulbright Ascendant
- AshurstADT
- Morgan Lewis Stamford

I already know CC and Latham pay very highly
Reply With Quote
  #8096 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2020, 08:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Does anybody what NQ Associate pay is for international firm JLAs i.e
- Simmons & Simmons JWS
- Norton Rose Fulbright Ascendant
- AshurstADT
- Morgan Lewis Stamford

I already know CC and Latham pay very highly
Only simmons pays higher than big4 pay. The rest are approximately (or slightly below) big 4.
Reply With Quote

  #8097 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2020, 10:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Only simmons pays higher than big4 pay. The rest are approximately (or slightly below) big 4.
^, except ashurst is closer to mid sized pay
Reply With Quote
  #8098 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2020, 12:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm really baffled at why you guys keep discussing this US/UK JD/LLM ranking thing so much ....
This is because a bunch of unemployed KCL grads have too much time on their hands and are trying to justify their mediocre LLBs which is currently less valuable than toilet paper during CB.
Reply With Quote
  #8099 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2020, 12:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is because a bunch of unemployed KCL grads have too much time on their hands and are trying to justify their mediocre LLBs which is currently less valuable than toilet paper during CB.
This ranking is bullshit KCL is A tier? Lmao. Please go Macs


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #8100 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2020, 01:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

U all degree millers maciam go back home and hide or go work at macs luh. Donít even try to compete with us. Even ah tiongs and cecas not as much of an eye-sore like u all.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,978 Replies, 2,911,896 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
776 Replies, 234,016 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,758 Replies, 818,222 Views
How to know you are not fit for...
2 Replies, 250 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,576 Replies, 5,800,334 Views
How to avoid giving pass salary...
7 Replies, 422 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,374 Replies, 1,972,736 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
720 Replies, 361,154 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
78 Replies, 117,390 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
218 Replies, 215,988 Views
Civil/Public Sector -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
401 Replies, 216,619 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,515 Replies, 1,069,032 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,376 Replies, 950,943 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
120 Replies, 28,172 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,992 Replies, 3,801,118 Views
How much to ask for starting pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
76 Replies, 5,876 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,090 Replies, 1,311,335 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
128 Replies, 22,591 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,817 Replies, 1,701,281 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,119 Replies, 520,671 Views
Software developers salary outlier
9 Replies, 1,698 Views
technical role in pharmaceutical...
8 Replies, 2,311 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
264 Replies, 172,653 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
397 Replies, 261,573 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,625 Replies, 1,325,040 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
137 Replies, 128,431 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,984 Replies, 1,126,690 Views
Finding freelance web developer...
2 Replies, 404 Views
need some info on CNB ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 1,836 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
151 Replies, 18,233 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2