Lawyer Salary - Page 808 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8071 (permalink)  
Old 31-07-2020, 11:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

honestly the dmgs not worth the trouble of going for defamation. for what low five digits only cy happily drag out all the juicy deets at trial? the legal fees cfm more than the dmgs also.

one times poha get cy to stfu can liao.

Reply With Quote
  #8072 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2020, 12:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
honestly the dmgs not worth the trouble of going for defamation. for what low five digits only cy happily drag out all the juicy deets at trial? the legal fees cfm more than the dmgs also.

one times poha get cy to stfu can liao.
Not coming from the cost benefit analysis POV but CY must pay for publicly ruining someone's career. He now says "please give evidence".

Reply With Quote
  #8073 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2020, 01:32 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

cos so far is little bird whisper in his ear ma. idk if thats a cunning strat or what but now need to call maker of the statement so chua sai lor. lawyer or not no one shud b publicly saying these kinds of things la surprised no one poh mata so far leh sme of the things he said

we will see la. think if rly got no one come forward now, the subsequent defamation suit cfm just to make cy pok gai only. if dont sue for defamation i chop kkj

Reply With Quote
  #8074 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2020, 09:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I don't support CY's style of politics but you guys got to admit he keeps the ruling party accountable, brash as he may be. Imagine if people like Imran or Ivan Lim manage to get past the system and rise up to become ministers because the PAP's internal checks have failed, that would be disastrous. CY is like the shark that keeps the ocean free of sick and diseased fish.
Reply With Quote
  #8075 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2020, 10:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi, I'm a Y3 from NUS and I need some advice regarding TCs.

I wish to practice corp and do a corp TC - however corp has been hit hard by COVID + I'm expecting 2:2 so securing a TC now will be harder.

Should I focus on a liti TC instead (I've done moots and all)? I doubt it'll be ideal to do Liti and then transit to corp practice - after all the type of work and skills needed are quite different and I'd need to learn all over again.

Or should I just keep applying for corp, seeing as markets and business confidence may recover later this year?

Appreciate any insights from corp - thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #8076 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2020, 11:56 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I'm a Y3 from NUS and I need some advice regarding TCs.

I wish to practice corp and do a corp TC - however corp has been hit hard by COVID + I'm expecting 2:2 so securing a TC now will be harder.

Should I focus on a liti TC instead (I've done moots and all)? I doubt it'll be ideal to do Liti and then transit to corp practice - after all the type of work and skills needed are quite different and I'd need to learn all over again.

Or should I just keep applying for corp, seeing as markets and business confidence may recover later this year?

Appreciate any insights from corp - thanks!
Yes. Secure liti first. 2.2 from NUS is quite tough, 2.1 usually can in normal market conditions.. I wouldn't advise that you bet on market recovery as we are quite dependent on the global outlook. It will steadily decline until a vaccine is found, regardless of whether we get local infection rate to 0 in SG.

If you can jump to liti, do liti. There is the prospect that you can ask to be retained in corp. By the time you finish part B, you may not get the TC you want
Reply With Quote

  #8077 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2020, 12:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I'm a Y3 from NUS and I need some advice regarding TCs.

I wish to practice corp and do a corp TC - however corp has been hit hard by COVID + I'm expecting 2:2 so securing a TC now will be harder.

Should I focus on a liti TC instead (I've done moots and all)? I doubt it'll be ideal to do Liti and then transit to corp practice - after all the type of work and skills needed are quite different and I'd need to learn all over again.

Or should I just keep applying for corp, seeing as markets and business confidence may recover later this year?

Appreciate any insights from corp - thanks!
1. Don't let your grades stop you

2. But be realistic, liti easier to get than corp

3. Get qualified first then decide again, doesn't mean your TC liti means you liti for immediate future

4. Controversial opinion but consider conveyancing, similar to corp and may be easier to get TC for?
Reply With Quote
  #8078 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2020, 01:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1. Don't let your grades stop you

2. But be realistic, liti easier to get than corp

3. Get qualified first then decide again, doesn't mean your TC liti means you liti for immediate future

4. Controversial opinion but consider conveyancing, similar to corp and may be easier to get TC for?
I made a comment earlier but its pending approval. Yes just do liti
Reply With Quote
  #8079 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2020, 09:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Offered tsmp
Which dept is this? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #8080 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2020, 06:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't support CY's style of politics but you guys got to admit he keeps the ruling party accountable, brash as he may be. Imagine if people like Imran or Ivan Lim manage to get past the system and rise up to become ministers because the PAP's internal checks have failed, that would be disastrous. CY is like the shark that keeps the ocean free of sick and diseased fish.
As a PAP supporter I'm inclined to agree. The QC has not been as good as in the past. In fact after PM Lee our next choice of PM leaves much to be desired. Heng will fumble in front of the press or those high level international meetings and Chan will say the wrong things and slip of tongue to offend other countries. #TharmanforPM
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,960 Replies, 1,402,053 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,009 Replies, 3,343,159 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
439 Replies, 290,185 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,695 Replies, 1,056,505 Views
Covid-related job opportunities...
5 Replies, 294 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,110 Replies, 867,515 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
200 Replies, 41,906 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,563 Replies, 2,116,546 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
249 Replies, 9,401 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
61 Replies, 58,979 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
456 Replies, 146,348 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,855 Replies, 1,240,489 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,306 Replies, 319,670 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
881 Replies, 603,259 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,017 Replies, 1,891,274 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
270 Replies, 241,824 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,161 Replies, 6,219,928 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
355 Replies, 205,162 Views
How long does uob get back to you...
8 Replies, 1,422 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
3 Replies, 1,876 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
173 Replies, 184,175 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 36,874 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 104,669 Views
Starting pay for fresh uni grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
67 Replies, 6,073 Views
Lonza Biotechnologist
0 Replies, 74 Views
MOH Graduate Studies Scholarship ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 16,184 Views
Third Class Honours/Second Lower... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 27,486 Views
SEA Limited
6 Replies, 1,578 Views
Audit DGS
0 Replies, 81 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2