Lawyer Salary - Page 2116 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21151 (permalink)  
Old 23-04-2024, 01:31 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol stop trying to put out fake news.

First to third year JPs in big4 are approx 17-18k+ base, with 1-2month max of bonus. Unless youíre reeling in huge books of business, which is impossible at this stage.
Agreed with your range.



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #21152 (permalink)  
Old 23-04-2024, 09:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Agreed with your range.
Is it true international firms will ask folks to leave if they canít make the assoc to counsel jump? Or counsel to partner leap?

Or no such thing? Or be JP at big 4 and play safe?

Reply With Quote
  #21153 (permalink)  
Old 23-04-2024, 09:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Agreed with your range.
Are you a JP? All these people throwing figures around but only one person has said they made JP last year.

Reply With Quote
  #21154 (permalink)  
Old 24-04-2024, 08:31 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it true international firms will ask folks to leave if they canít make the assoc to counsel jump? Or counsel to partner leap?

Or no such thing? Or be JP at big 4 and play safe?
You are very likely going to be managed out in B4 if you can't be pushed up either. Just a slightly longer runway
Reply With Quote
  #21155 (permalink)  
Old 24-04-2024, 08:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are very likely going to be managed out in B4 if you can't be pushed up either. Just a slightly longer runway
As in like a late 30s JP?
Reply With Quote
  #21156 (permalink)  
Old 24-04-2024, 09:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"MinLaw to better support training, upskilling of in-house lawyers: Shanmugam"

Anyone else feels like this is just a load of BS from the boomers in industry?

They make up nonsense like increase TC period, make trainees doing the bar have to pay 200-300 dollars for redundant courses that were already taught in Part B before their TC can be "finalized", have a stagnant pay for NQ lawyers for the past 10-15 years and then wonder why the hell everyone is leaving the industry or going in house.

Now that they realised people are going in house, they want to suck off more money from them and put out this nonsense like "training in house counsels"? More like introduce mandatory redundant courses that have no value to them but costs a few hundred bucks each.
Reply With Quote

  #21157 (permalink)  
Old 24-04-2024, 12:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it true international firms will ask folks to leave if they canít make the assoc to counsel jump? Or counsel to partner leap?

Or no such thing? Or be JP at big 4 and play safe?
Yes. The more they pay you, the more stringent they are about managing people out who can't make the next step, or even firing good people because market conditions have turned and your practice area is now slow. Otherwise how to keep profits/salaries so high.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #21158 (permalink)  
Old 24-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Regarding the Nadine v Ethan Ong saga, I personally feel like Nadine was out of line. She has no interest in the matter, tried to be a SJW and land a punch in order to seek some online fame/attention.

In the end, she got punched back and is constantly putting up social media posts for attention despite saying she is not looking for attention/pity/gofundme.

If you are reading this Nadine, I hope this is a wake up call for you that the real world is merciless. As you are a year 2 Law Student in one of the most prestigious law schools in the world, I find it absolutely unacceptable that you did not even consider the consequences of your actions. I hope that game you are playing, "genshin shitpack" or whatever it is called keeps your mental health in check, because when you tried to post such remarks online about someone else, they had to keep their mental health in check too.

I don't feel sorry for you in the least bit. In fact I hope your parents pay the full price of it i.e. the law suit etc. It is partially their fault for not grooming your EQ. Hope this is a valuable lesson you will take to the grave. No one is buying your "financial difficulties" issue either. You started this, you should see it through. Maybe you can earn back some decency/dignity or people's respect once you paid your dues.

If Ethan is reading this, just note that my opinion above is solely on your choice to take legal action, and has nothing to do with the events beforehand i.e. the alcohol incident. That is a different matter, not saying I agree or disagree regardless.
Reply With Quote
  #21159 (permalink)  
Old 24-04-2024, 03:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Regarding the Nadine v Ethan Ong saga, I personally feel like Nadine was out of line. She has no interest in the matter, tried to be a SJW and land a punch in order to seek some online fame/attention.

In the end, she got punched back and is constantly putting up social media posts for attention despite saying she is not looking for attention/pity/gofundme.

If you are reading this Nadine, I hope this is a wake up call for you that the real world is merciless. As you are a year 2 Law Student in one of the most prestigious law schools in the world, I find it absolutely unacceptable that you did not even consider the consequences of your actions. I hope that game you are playing, "genshin shitpack" or whatever it is called keeps your mental health in check, because when you tried to post such remarks online about someone else, they had to keep their mental health in check too.

I don't feel sorry for you in the least bit. In fact I hope your parents pay the full price of it i.e. the law suit etc. It is partially their fault for not grooming your EQ. Hope this is a valuable lesson you will take to the grave. No one is buying your "financial difficulties" issue either. You started this, you should see it through. Maybe you can earn back some decency/dignity or people's respect once you paid your dues.

If Ethan is reading this, just note that my opinion above is solely on your choice to take legal action, and has nothing to do with the events beforehand i.e. the alcohol incident. That is a different matter, not saying I agree or disagree regardless.
who?
10char
Reply With Quote
  #21160 (permalink)  
Old 24-04-2024, 08:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

ari gud fren leib ish cambridge den moist prestigious nabei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Regarding the Nadine v Ethan Ong saga, I personally feel like Nadine was out of line. She has no interest in the matter, tried to be a SJW and land a punch in order to seek some online fame/attention.

In the end, she got punched back and is constantly putting up social media posts for attention despite saying she is not looking for attention/pity/gofundme.

If you are reading this Nadine, I hope this is a wake up call for you that the real world is merciless. As you are a year 2 Law Student in one of the most prestigious law schools in the world, I find it absolutely unacceptable that you did not even consider the consequences of your actions. I hope that game you are playing, "genshin shitpack" or whatever it is called keeps your mental health in check, because when you tried to post such remarks online about someone else, they had to keep their mental health in check too.

I don't feel sorry for you in the least bit. In fact I hope your parents pay the full price of it i.e. the law suit etc. It is partially their fault for not grooming your EQ. Hope this is a valuable lesson you will take to the grave. No one is buying your "financial difficulties" issue either. You started this, you should see it through. Maybe you can earn back some decency/dignity or people's respect once you paid your dues.

If Ethan is reading this, just note that my opinion above is solely on your choice to take legal action, and has nothing to do with the events beforehand i.e. the alcohol incident. That is a different matter, not saying I agree or disagree regardless.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,787 Replies, 5,247,335 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,394 Replies, 6,974,850 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,834 Replies, 1,542,811 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,222 Replies, 3,877,004 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,570 Replies, 684,348 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,460 Replies, 2,464,553 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
938 Replies, 545,055 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
771 Replies, 447,037 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
830 Replies, 439,430 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,456 Replies, 3,532,850 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,263 Replies, 10,618,633 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
143 Replies, 55,029 Views
Working in SMRT ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
45 Replies, 61,181 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
372 Replies, 260,696 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 418,248 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,859 Replies, 1,613,245 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,967 Replies, 4,802,265 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
707 Replies, 411,746 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,175 Replies, 1,120,434 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,795 Replies, 2,459,590 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 161,607 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 14,142 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 21,547 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,431 Replies, 4,895,348 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 389,745 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
202 Replies, 183,559 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,586 Replies, 1,432,988 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,302 Replies, 666,101 Views
Early Retirement ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 16,136 Views
Anyone worked in singhealth/nhg? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 175,737 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2