Quiting a new job - Page 4 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Quiting a new job

Old 17-02-2016, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

There's some truth in your observations. Wish to add mostly in real life people are afraid to openly voice out their unpopular opinions & makes me wonder given the chance to speak out, would they say the same, criticise the same, complain the same as they did, over virtual mails. At work, it happen often-and they would just follow herd mentality. Too fearful to be different, least to show it.

Old 17-02-2016, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanieeass View Post
To those who gave mean replies, I'm sorry that you have such a mindset. Fyi, up to date, 2 other newbies that joined the company not long (a business development manager and a regional director) just resigned as they couldn't take the company culture as well. Saying that I'm just a lazy worker that just want to earn my paycheck and do nothing amused me as I wonder if you know me personally. I just pray that 1 day you don't land in a situation similar as me. All the best!
....where is /are the critic(s) now? Silence can only mean "defeat" but I seriously hope you feel more with your heart, when/where it matters. Does it hurt, cost anything to be gracious?

Old 20-02-2016, 05:21 AM
Unregistered

Default :s

I was constantly bullied by my workmates and manager like threadstarter too. But the only difference is the biggest boss hired me to be future manager. Obviously the people don't want to teach me, just keep scolding. I just have to study on my own.. And you know what I managed to figure out so much more than the entire department.. And after 2 years, I easily gotten another job with 200% increment. If there is no reason for you to stay, then leave... For me, the people didn't want me to learn and take over them...

Now that I manage my own team, I will never yell at anyone above 40. Only smart and good kids, I will push them abit. And in civilized manner la... You faster quit la...

Old 20-02-2016, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
It's a local agri firm. Very "chinese" culture as described by employees here. All my previous bosses are chinese too but they are nice and professional. This is the 1st time i'm facing a problem in adapting to a work culture. Thanks to all your advice, i've decided to resign this week. Havent decide whether to call in or submit letter and serve 2 days notice...
So have you quit already?
Old 20-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Accepted and signed a LoA. Not happy with some of the rules so the next thing to find out is the company culture.
If company culture is a no-go for me, I will leave at end of probation period.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:54 PM

foxy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To those who gave mean replies, I'm sorry that you have such a mindset. Fyi, up to date, 2 other newbies that joined the company not long (a business development manager and a regional director) just resigned as they couldn't take the company culture as well. Saying that I'm just a lazy worker that just want to earn my paycheck and do nothing amused me as I wonder if you know me personally. I just pray that 1 day you don't land in a situation similar as me. All the best!
I totally agree with you. What goes round will come round and there is also karma. if karma does not happen to them for doing nasty things, it will get to their loved ones.

to those who are mean to me insulting me when I posted, it is alright, somehow some way it will eventually get to you. I have seen it and it happened to a mutual colleague who was constantly nasty to others.

I have since resigned after that Elyn went to tell tales to the fat female boss and spread gossip about me, rather than teaching me how to do the work so that she can take leave. But it does not affect her because her bosses are male who will let her take leave. She has been spying on my every move in the office. However, to be able to spy on me all the time means there is NOTHING to do in office which is obviously why she has the time to spy on everyone and gossip. While that Sheryl will just continue to suck up to Elyn and apply polishing her backside.

I am not asking for a lot so I would rather move on to go somewhere to avoid this kind of spying and gossip. I am only looking for a retirement job.

I have tendered on 4 March with immediate effect but till date, I have not heard from them when is my last day by giving them 2 week notice as stipulated in the employment contract.

I have learnt my lesson well, a bad employment contract of notice period of 3 months after probation, and paying back insurance with no health benefits is a bad start for any job, which is worse than contact staff or temp staff.

Morale of the story: bad employment contract = mean boss who spies on your every movement. Like I have to announce to them to tell them I am going to toilet to **** cos I ate the wrong food.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy View Post
I totally agree with you. What goes round will come round and there is also karma. if karma does not happen to them for doing nasty things, it will get to their loved ones.

to those who are mean to me insulting me when I posted, it is alright, somehow some way it will eventually get to you. I have seen it and it happened to a mutual colleague who was constantly nasty to others.

I have since resigned after that Elyn went to tell tales to the fat female boss and spread gossip about me, rather than teaching me how to do the work so that she can take leave. But it does not affect her because her bosses are male who will let her take leave. She has been spying on my every move in the office. However, to be able to spy on me all the time means there is NOTHING to do in office which is obviously why she has the time to spy on everyone and gossip. While that Sheryl will just continue to suck up to Elyn and apply polishing her backside.

I am not asking for a lot so I would rather move on to go somewhere to avoid this kind of spying and gossip. I am only looking for a retirement job.

I have tendered on 4 March with immediate effect but till date, I have not heard from them when is my last day by giving them 2 week notice as stipulated in the employment contract.

I have learnt my lesson well, a bad employment contract of notice period of 3 months after probation, and paying back insurance with no health benefits is a bad start for any job, which is worse than contact staff or temp staff.

Morale of the story: bad employment contract = mean boss who spies on your every movement. Like I have to announce to them to tell them I am going to toilet to **** cos I ate the wrong food.
One thread you proudly declare you recently went for interview after being unemployed for very long and even lecture us on how honesty is best policy since you just laid bare the reasons of your 2 yr 6 mths unemployment. https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/...l#.Vt6KR3197IU

Suddenly in here it becomes some bitching/whining story about how your company sux and you were so smart to resign on 4 Mar.

Are you just making shiit up on the spot?
Old 08-03-2016, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
One thread you proudly declare you recently went for interview after being unemployed for very long and even lecture us on how honesty is best policy since you just laid bare the reasons of your 2 yr 6 mths unemployment. [://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1925-good-excuses-tell-interviewer-when-asked-about-quitting-without-securing-job-3.html#.Vt6KR3197IU[/

Suddenly in here it becomes some bitching/whining story about how your company sux and you were so smart to resign on 4 Mar.

Are you just making shiit up on the spot?
another troll lah, why bother to entertain him
Old 08-03-2016, 11:28 PM

Meanieeass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So have you quit already?
Yup! The best decision in my life I've made thus far 😊