Roles in accenture singapore - Page 514 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Roles in accenture singapore

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5131 (permalink)  
Old 19-07-2022, 08:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 32
Raymond is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don’t think the op mean NCS sponsor masters but rather to tie you in for five years with the firm they allow you to do your part time masters and they still pay you salary. Actually not worth tbh.
I believe OP was talking about the Nucleus NCS program.

https://www.ncs.co/en-sg/careers/gra...s/nucleus-2-0/

I also checked on a few LinkedIn profiles, I saw people getting masters in IT from NUS while in this program, seems like you basically get paid a salary to work from 9 to 5 then study 6 - 9? I'm not sure if the part-time masters here is the same as the typical one.

It should take about 2+ years though not 5. I'm guessing you'll only get the masters sponsor deal in your third year in this program I think....

But yeah you are definitely right, it's not worth it. 5 years is a very long commitment, at max people should be doing 2-3 years for programs and moving on.

Reply With Quote
  #5132 (permalink)  
Old 19-07-2022, 08:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yup it's not bad but honestly I rather go with Accenture than NCS... especially since that other guy said that Accenture has promotion after 1 year.

I don't know about NCS promotion track, I think it's standard 2 years like other tech places.
Actually just my 2 cents, I think what Accenture offers is a mix of business and technology consulting and this is what that differentiates it from NCS. NCS mainly does system implementation project and if youíre all about Tech, I feel like itís definitely not a bad workplace. But if you are more about developing target operating models for firms and just consulting in general, Accenture isnít a bad place to start your career.

Regardless of whether you are in for the consulting or technology track, I think you are still well compensated in Accenture.

Reply With Quote
  #5133 (permalink)  
Old 19-07-2022, 08:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Change management pod in tap doesnít mean youíre hired as consulting analyst for Accenture strategy and consulting arm, thereís also business and integration delivery and arch analyst across the pods too. Rather your job title itself that accenture offered you as stated in your contract together with the talent segment stated will determine which Accenture arm you belong to and very much your specialisation.

I have a question though, change management got so bad meh? I mean if you do some search youíll see that change management is rather important and big team under S&C, maybe the actually change management is different from what tap expose in the change management pod given the pod is a mixture of consulting and non consulting people.

Reply With Quote
  #5134 (permalink)  
Old 19-07-2022, 11:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Change management pod in tap doesnít mean youíre hired as consulting analyst for Accenture strategy and consulting arm, thereís also business and integration delivery and arch analyst across the pods too. Rather your job title itself that accenture offered you as stated in your contract together with the talent segment stated will determine which Accenture arm you belong to and very much your specialisation.

I have a question though, change management got so bad meh? I mean if you do some search youíll see that change management is rather important and big team under S&C, maybe the actually change management is different from what tap expose in the change management pod given the pod is a mixture of consulting and non consulting people.
Yes change management isnít bad lah idk where the idea came from that started from one op. From my understanding, if youíre hired as a consulting analyst upon joining acn, youíll realise your talent segment is stated as consulting. So yes youíre under S&C. I think the pods in tap is just to expose fresh grads analysts to the available options not too in depth but still sufficient. My friends who joined as consulting development analysts continued on to management consultant and specialise in different arrays such as specific markets or the traditional T&O which also houses sub functions such as organization strategy, HR strategy and transformation, leadership culture and so on, change management sits in this T&O. So you can see itís rather big and covers quite a fair bit.

As many have shared earlier, getting offered a consulting role/getting into consulting arm here is more competitive than the other functions, so definitely the work wonít be something as simple right. With that said, no one function is better than the other lah. All work and collaborate together one.

Anyone with more info feel free to add on. All the best to the job seekers!
Reply With Quote
  #5135 (permalink)  
Old 19-07-2022, 02:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes change management isnít bad lah idk where the idea came from that started from one op. From my understanding, if youíre hired as a consulting analyst upon joining acn, youíll realise your talent segment is stated as consulting. So yes youíre under S&C. I think the pods in tap is just to expose fresh grads analysts to the available options not too in depth but still sufficient. My friends who joined as consulting development analysts continued on to management consultant and specialise in different arrays such as specific markets or the traditional T&O which also houses sub functions such as organization strategy, HR strategy and transformation, leadership culture and so on, change management sits in this T&O. So you can see itís rather big and covers quite a fair bit.

As many have shared earlier, getting offered a consulting role/getting into consulting arm here is more competitive than the other functions, so definitely the work wonít be something as simple right. With that said, no one function is better than the other lah. All work and collaborate together one.

Anyone with more info feel free to add on. All the best to the job seekers!
Correct change management is technically needed in every project, and rather hit in H&PS projects just as what a previous op has shared. Canít be S&C is less relevant or less competitive than other functions when itís technically one of the harder functions to get recruited in.
Reply With Quote
  #5136 (permalink)  
Old 19-07-2022, 02:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi, may I know what management consultants at Accenture Song does? Not really sure what the digital arm of Accenture does.
Reply With Quote

  #5137 (permalink)  
Old 19-07-2022, 02:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, may I know what management consultants at Accenture Song does? Not really sure what the digital arm of Accenture does.
I think they originally were in S&C but as they are marketing Accenture song now then bring over some consultants. Essentially Accenture song is the original Accenture interactive, they just renamed it. So like marketing and all


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #5138 (permalink)  
Old 19-07-2022, 03:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi, how do we know which project is good like when weíre applying for roles in my scheduling portal, how to tell which project and client is good or like a big project? Cos apparently Iras, Petronas, Telstra, BHP are considered good and big project with budget. But how do we tell all these from the opening in the scheduling portal? If not how do people apply and get into such projects?
Reply With Quote
  #5139 (permalink)  
Old 19-07-2022, 03:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

For ACN's TAP program, what is the salary package? is there aws and flexi benefits?
Reply With Quote
  #5140 (permalink)  
Old 19-07-2022, 03:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Correct change management is technically needed in every project, and rather hit in H&PS projects just as what a previous op has shared. Canít be S&C is less relevant or less competitive than other functions when itís technically one of the harder functions to get recruited in.
Change management is really big overseas in America, London and Australia projects. Try applying for project roles overseas and youíll see how it differs from local projects. Similar but theirs is much bigger
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Working at Accenture tyroe Income and Jobs 16 26-04-2021 12:30 AM
Career prospect/advancement for Banking sales roles vs Banking "back end" roles happyman Income and Jobs 149 31-12-2016 02:59 PM
Working at Accenture codebutter Income and Jobs 4 25-08-2014 01:00 AM
Job roles horiv3 Income and Jobs 1 08-05-2014 12:34 PM
DL degree in BnF: what are some of the junior roles I can apply?? gradfresh Income and Jobs 3 21-04-2014 12:22 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,805 Replies, 5,250,617 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,861 Replies, 1,613,949 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,303 Replies, 666,496 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,802 Replies, 2,460,855 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 21,606 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,403 Replies, 6,978,399 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,265 Replies, 10,622,055 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
512 Replies, 279,328 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,463 Replies, 2,466,996 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
831 Replies, 439,931 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
888 Replies, 418,759 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 14,243 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,589 Replies, 1,434,051 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,176 Replies, 1,121,240 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,932 Replies, 2,953,430 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,459 Replies, 3,534,747 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,835 Replies, 1,543,592 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,222 Replies, 3,878,259 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,570 Replies, 684,796 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
938 Replies, 545,442 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
771 Replies, 447,682 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
143 Replies, 55,091 Views
Working in SMRT ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
45 Replies, 61,384 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
372 Replies, 260,793 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,967 Replies, 4,803,334 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
707 Replies, 411,974 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 161,829 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,431 Replies, 4,896,414 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 389,888 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
202 Replies, 183,688 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2