28 yo entry cowspots wonder what pay he can expect - Page 4 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

28 yo entry cowspots wonder what pay he can expect

Old 14-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Scholars are like the royal family. Local Uni grads are akin to the working class. Private degree holders are analogous to peasants. If you try to suppress the peasants, there would be an uprising one day. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Suddenly there's a flood of posts within an hour purportedly from different people promoting distance learning as the pathway to a greater career than traditional routes, but all of them spotting the same atrocious sentencing, poor grammar and sprinkled with numerous spelling errors.

Old 14-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

People should start posting their degree scrolls together with their payslips. Tbh, I think alot of posts in this forum is quite misleading. Can make a lot of hopeful students who are easily influenced to take up private degree thinking it will make them rich. Not saying that NUS grads are entitled to anything. Just that I've seen with my own eyes the difference in calibre between local grads and private uni grads. There are exceptions. Though I've only seen one and she graduated with a first class from SIM-UOL.

Old 16-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Verified Member

cowspots is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Not wanting to sound rude or what, but seriously you better wake up your idea. While others are busy working their arse off building their career for the past few years, you were bumming around doing freelance tution and holdiaying around the world.

Now you play finish already just buy a degree from somewhere and actually expect to compete with the cream of the crop for a spot in a foreign MNC bank??? With zero corporate experience, distance degree and 28 years old already, it will be hard for you to even secure a entry executive job in a local SME.
thanks for the helpful comments from a few posters (especially the female who posted her experience thank you)

as for the posters like this one above, we all know that they are just your typical depressed button noser who need a change from their usual anger outlets of abusing the maids and foreign blue collar workers, barging into mrt trains, squatting on toilet seats and putting everyone down.

their anger is probably made worse by the daily local tv viewing, high humidity in their high rise apartments and the drinking of too much warm water.

Old 16-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

These people obviously have nothing better to argue about. Your bachelor's degree is reduced to a piece of paper after you step out into the working class be it local, or private.
Old 17-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowspots View Post
thanks for the helpful comments from a few posters (especially the female who posted her experience thank you)

as for the posters like this one above, we all know that they are just your typical depressed button noser who need a change from their usual anger outlets of abusing the maids and foreign blue collar workers, barging into mrt trains, squatting on toilet seats and putting everyone down.

their anger is probably made worse by the daily local tv viewing, high humidity in their high rise apartments and the drinking of too much warm water.
Some forumers might be overly direct and come across as rude, but it's reality from my experience. You have never worked before even though you are already 28, you need to be more circumspect and not just believe any online fancy story just because you want to believe. You are already falling behind career wise, making sarcastic smart ass comments to feel good about yourself does not help.

Put it this way, why not you try and approach any headhunter, tell them you have a pte dl degree and some years teaching tuition privately and tell them to ptich you some real banking jobs beyond retail sales. I predict they will politely tell you to get lost and don't waste their time.

Isn't that a faster way to find out the truth?
Old 17-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

u r just a rubbish negative thinker, many ppl with dl pte deg make it to snr mgt in banks, dun look down at them.

Quote:
Some forumers might be overly direct and come across as rude, but it's reality from my experience. You have never worked before even though you are already 28, you need to be more circumspect and not just believe any online fancy story just because you want to believe. You are already falling behind career wise, making sarcastic smart ass comments to feel good about yourself does not help.

Put it this way, why not you try and approach any headhunter, tell them you have a pte dl degree and some years teaching tuition privately and tell them to ptich you some real banking jobs beyond retail sales. I predict they will politely tell you to get lost and don't waste their time.

Old 17-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

I don't think 28 yo is "falling behind". It is quite common for many male Singaporeans to start work in the 27/28 age.

NS used to be 2.5 years. By the time they enter university, it is about 21-22 yo. Graduating from a basic 4 years degree will bring him to 25-26 years old. Some people choose to do a master degree or maybe even 5 years double degree and that will easily place that guy in the 27-28 yo age before entering job market. Moreover, people don't get a job immediately after applying.
Old 17-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I don't think 28 yo is "falling behind". It is quite common for many male Singaporeans to start work in the 27/28 age.

NS used to be 2.5 years. By the time they enter university, it is about 21-22 yo. Graduating from a basic 4 years degree will bring him to 25-26 years old. Some people choose to do a master degree or maybe even 5 years double degree and that will easily place that guy in the 27-28 yo age before entering job market. Moreover, people don't get a job immediately after applying.
..... BUT does this guy in question have that double degree or Masters?

anyway doing a MBA right after your first degree is a terrible decision.
Old 17-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

28 is falling behind, remember TS wants to join foreign MNC bank. A typical MNC bank associate (Non-MAP) does not start from ground zero with no experience at the age of 28. His counterparts will all be 21-22 for girls or 24-25 for guys.

Most associate/analyst level people would have already reached AVP level by 28, girls might even hit VP due to starting ealer. The age alone is not the killer, if you ask me the biggest killer besides the poor academics is his 3-4 years of unemployment.

No matter what you say, having 3-4 years of freelance tutoring and travelling around the world does not add up well. Many people have difficuly explaining a 1 year unemployment gap, 3-4 years is trouble big time.

It also does not make sense to compare a 28 year old with a full time Masters degree graduate with a 28 year old who only has a distance learning part time Bachelor's degree he got while doing a mish mash of tuition assignments when not holidaying.
Old 17-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
These people obviously have nothing better to argue about. Your bachelor's degree is reduced to a piece of paper after you step out into the working class be it local, or private.
u r quite rite. depends on work performance too.