28 yo entry cowspots wonder what pay he can expect - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




28 yo entry cowspots wonder what pay he can expect

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10
cowspots is on a distinguished road
Default 28 yo entry cowspots wonder what pay he can expect

cowspots
28 yo
singaporean
psle 262, o levels l1r5 8 pts, failed a levels because of math chinese and because was more interested in chasing skirts back then, did uk uni of wales degree with first class hons and post grad dip from edexcel all via distance.

work exp

tutor 3 years teaching in private schs and home tuition earning ard 3k

2 yrs ns in s1 hr branch

recently worked as recruiter for 3 mths realy hate the ppl mostly cold manipulative lying cheating scums. earned 2k a mont in small 3 person cubicle no social life also unlucky cant hit sales target. only reason I took this job was because he job is on australia sol list and if I could workmin it a yr I can apply to wrok in aus for few rs which sounds good to me I wanted the oe.

I want to gt serious abt my career and find a decent job earn some money and also do a non sales job for a few yrs. I been doing a lot of travelling because I love living in different countries but now my state of mind is that its time to find a decent job earn some money and I want to , after a few yrs, buy property etc.

do you think the mncs banks good employers will hire me? realistically what pay can I expect given I will be a fresh person.

thanks


Last edited by cowspots; 07-06-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowspots View Post
cowspots
28 yo
singaporean
psle 262, o levels l1r5 8 pts, failed a levels because of math chinese and because was more interested in chasing skirts back then, did uk uni of wales degree with first class hons and post grad dip from edexcel all via distance.

work exp

tutor 3 years teaching in private schs and home tuition earning ard 3k

2 yrs ns in s1 hr branch

recently worked as recruiter for 3 mths realy hate the ppl mostly cold manipulative lying cheating scums. earned 2k a mont in small 3 person cubicle no social life also unlucky cant hit sales target. only reason I took this job was because he job is on australia sol list and if I could workmin it a yr I can apply to wrok in aus for few rs which sounds good to me I wanted the oe.

I want to gt serious abt my career and find a decent job earn some money and also do a non sales job for a few yrs. I been doing a lot of travelling because I love living in different countries but now my state of mind is that its time to find a decent job earn some money and I want to , after a few yrs, buy property etc.

do you think the mncs banks good employers will hire me? realistically what pay can I expect given I will be a fresh person.

thanks
Erm...you graduated from a uni in UK? But your written English kinda...

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Erm...you graduated from a uni in UK? But your written English kinda...
TS kindly ignore this post above.

If you have no constructive advice, refrain from responding because people here are seeking help, and guidance from experienced professionals.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I concur with you. The forumer mentioned that he got high marks for PSLE and O'Levels. But the English sucks. My advice is to improve the English first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Erm...you graduated from a uni in UK? But your written English kinda...
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I just chanced across this thread. The language really sucks. Bear in mind that this is a forum, not your house. Everyone has the right to write what they think. If u are not happy, u can get lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
TS kindly ignore this post above.

If you have no constructive advice, refrain from responding because people here are seeking help, and guidance from experienced professionals.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10
cowspots is on a distinguished road
Default

I did a distance degree. I am using an andriod phone but my english does suck hehe
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
TS kindly ignore this post above.

If you have no constructive advice, refrain from responding because people here are seeking help, and guidance from experienced professionals.
I think the person has no ill intention by commenting on his English. In fact, it is a genuine advice for him to improve on his language.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowspots View Post
I did a distance degree. I am using an andriod phone but my english does suck hehe
Hi. Dun mind me saying. If you are eyeing a government job, it is true that you have to first improve the fluency of your English be it written or spoken. There are several rounds to it that aim to test your written and presentation skills. To add on, it is difficult to enter with a distance learning degree. As for private sector, I believe some companies might give you a chance if you are willing to accept a lower starting salary; when I say low I mean really low, have friends from local uni asking for 2.5k. Big MNCs might not give you a chance but you can try.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2013, 12:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

its shocking ts consider his psle score a merit worth mentioning. hello, even if score 300 for psle, it doesnt mean anything if you have nothing to show in your further education
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

TBH, your PSLE and O levels dont count for nuts. Unless you wanna go back to secondary school or poly/JC, otherwise, dont think too much about those. DL degree will get you peanuts. And looking at your age, the company might instead think 'this guy 28 years old, all he can show for is his DL degree' instead of thinking that you have experience, which you dont have much of anyways. What was your degree in? If you got a first-class DL degree, you might wanna consider pursuing a REPUTABLE(keyword) on-campus masters degree to make yourself more credible. Otherwise, as mentioned above, you will start with any other SIM-UOL degree holder with 2.5k starting pay.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Software Engineer with rich background, what do expect? bjornl Income and Jobs 31 21-08-2014 11:08 AM
5 years experience in finance/investment. how much can I expect? bilano Income and Jobs 5 28-05-2013 10:46 PM
How much pay should I expect as a lecturer? veil Income and Jobs 23 27-12-2012 08:08 AM
How much should I expect? hedonist Income and Jobs 2 12-07-2012 11:50 AM
Internship | How much can an Intern from Civil Engineering expect to be paid? Dany Income and Jobs 3 03-10-2010 12:23 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
911 Replies, 736,824 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
65 Replies, 12,634 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,567 Replies, 5,431,784 Views
New Job Offer that only match... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 1,751 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,807 Replies, 1,054,666 Views
Salary working for SEA FP&A... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 934 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,147 Replies, 876,701 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
321 Replies, 239,107 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
51 Replies, 10,375 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,602 Replies, 2,364,328 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,231 Replies, 230,885 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,555 Replies, 1,545,579 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,206 Replies, 1,854,917 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
65 Replies, 60,700 Views
MCI and IMDA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 8,077 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
167 Replies, 168,844 Views
Salary negotiation for fresh grads ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 3,927 Views
Invest in D9 new condo
1 Replies, 981 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,705 Replies, 778,359 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,971 Replies, 914,483 Views
List of Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
179 Replies, 126,136 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
227 Replies, 43,609 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 20,869 Views
Please Share DBS Average Months...
6 Replies, 755 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 9,703 Views
Do most MNCs pay better than the... ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 2,299 Views
Dentist Salary
6 Replies, 5,870 Views
Big Four Promotion/Bonus/Incr... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,187 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
710 Replies, 340,404 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,437 Replies, 744,438 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2