Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 92 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #911 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2018, 09:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was in the same situation, went for interview and the HR called me that I was shortlisted and there was some admin to do before approval at HQ which took weeks. Was told that usually it will go through if everything is in order.
Hi! How long it took them to approve? Just wondering what do they check during this approval process. I am getting sleepless night because of this issue (as i only secured this job).

Reply With Quote
  #912 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2018, 11:54 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi! How long it took them to approve? Just wondering what do they check during this approval process. I am getting sleepless night because of this issue (as i only secured this job).
HR told me the process can take up to 1-3 months. Thankfully HR updated me along the way. VITAL just contacted me so I am hoping it should be faster from here on based on what i read in this thread.

Reply With Quote
  #913 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2018, 12:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HR told me the process can take up to 1-3 months. Thankfully HR updated me along the way. VITAL just contacted me so I am hoping it should be faster from here on based on what i read in this thread.
Whatís VITAL? Anyway is urs ministry? My offer is in one of the ministry I got my offer roughly around last week and I hope the wait isnít too long

Reply With Quote
  #914 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2018, 11:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Whatís VITAL? Anyway is urs ministry? My offer is in one of the ministry I got my offer roughly around last week and I hope the wait isnít too long
VITAL is the group that handles the "admin" for Ministries if I am not wrong like paying salaries and benefits, processing staff claims, and making payments to suppliers, etc. (taken from their website).
Reply With Quote
  #915 (permalink)  
Old 14-03-2018, 05:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
VITAL is the group that handles the "admin" for Ministries if I am not wrong like paying salaries and benefits, processing staff claims, and making payments to suppliers, etc. (taken from their website).
Icic. How long does it takes ur before Vital contact you? Anyway do you think it would be better for me to call the HR again and ask about it (I called them once). I don't want to come off as annoying to HR which will have a bad impact on my reputation when I join. :/
Reply With Quote
  #916 (permalink)  
Old 14-03-2018, 07:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Icic. How long does it takes ur before Vital contact you? Anyway do you think it would be better for me to call the HR again and ask about it (I called them once). I don't want to come off as annoying to HR which will have a bad impact on my reputation when I join. :/
VITAL contacted me for the medical once everything was approved. Based on previous posts in this thread, it looks like VITAL is only involved towards the end of the hiring process.
Reply With Quote

  #917 (permalink)  
Old 14-03-2018, 10:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
VITAL contacted me for the medical once everything was approved. Based on previous posts in this thread, it looks like VITAL is only involved towards the end of the hiring process.
Did HR call/email to prompt you on the outcome followed by VITAL?
or you received call from VITAL out of the blue?
Reply With Quote
  #918 (permalink)  
Old 14-03-2018, 01:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Did HR call/email to prompt you on the outcome followed by VITAL?
or you received call from VITAL out of the blue?
VITAL only contacted me after HR confirmed with me that HQ approved.
Reply With Quote
  #919 (permalink)  
Old 15-03-2018, 12:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

hr called beginning of the week to inform me that i'm shortlisted and they are putting together an offer package lol but it's already thurs! and no updates from them yet.

ref check done alr
Reply With Quote
  #920 (permalink)  
Old 15-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hr called beginning of the week to inform me that i'm shortlisted and they are putting together an offer package lol but it's already thurs! and no updates from them yet.

ref check done alr

How u know referecne check been done? I think we are in the same situation and in same ministry! HR called me at the beginning of the week too. Omg we should contact each other.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 12 18-04-2024 09:11 PM
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,346 Replies, 1,163,790 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 19,869 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,641 Replies, 2,383,079 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,984 Replies, 5,095,113 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,432 Replies, 12,587,284 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,722 Replies, 2,284,945 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,144 Replies, 10,457,024 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,013 Replies, 1,083,720 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,341 Replies, 3,459,126 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,178 Replies, 6,834,620 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,148 Replies, 3,794,913 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
825 Replies, 387,189 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,897 Replies, 4,720,576 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,815 Replies, 1,443,366 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,487 Replies, 805,115 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,282 Replies, 636,261 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
323 Replies, 327,069 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,766 Replies, 1,516,402 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,503 Replies, 1,400,708 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,808 Replies, 1,575,399 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 82,860 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,057 Replies, 451,182 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
279 Replies, 392,519 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
736 Replies, 412,034 Views
Any Ministry or Statboard still... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 12,458 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 77,762 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
722 Replies, 553,081 Views
Private Banking Salaries ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 138,952 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
761 Replies, 424,361 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
415 Replies, 500,824 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2